Booby April promoted to assistant HC.

D' men

Marv also got his break in the NFL as a Special Teams coach for George Allen, who was also a Special Teams coach. 

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Marv begin the process to have April groomed into an NFL head coach.

589226[/snapback]

...wasn't Cowher a former special teams coach?

Marv also got his break in the NFL as a Special Teams coach for George Allen, who was also a Special Teams coach. 

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Marv begin the process to have April groomed into an NFL head coach.

589226[/snapback]

...wasn't Cowher a former special teams coach?

589244[/snapback]

Marv and Cowher..two former ST coaches and two coaches who always do their best coaching in the Big Game :D i'm still at work and feeling upset...i love marv but i was bored and took a cheap shot

One of the breast moves the Bills have made this offseason, for sure.

588817[/snapback]

Just one breast ?

This might be the best move the Bills have made in 20 years from a coaching standpoint. Probably since Marv was hired as the Bills HC in th elate 80's

589226[/snapback]

Something of note here - April has already coached both offense (TEs at Tulane and three seasons with the Falcons) and defense (seven seasons DL/secondary at U. of Arizona, four seasons DBs/kicking game at USC).

And his first NFL job, with the Falcons? He worked for Jerry Glanville (who started his NFL career as a ST coach, too...)

Found an old article about April recently; some of you might be interested...

Bobby April (2000)