Randy Cross is a moron

1billsfan

Where did I refer to or compare with the Packers ? And I did not intend to clear up Cross' comments. My point is merely that, what exactly did he state incorrectly? This board goes ballistic whenever a national expert blasts the team. As fans, we support the team and are perenially optimistic. But as analysts, their job is to call it as they see it. If we are objective enough, we can see that he has made no comments that are blatantly incorrect or offensive.

588175[/snapback]

What exactly did he state CORRECTLY? He gave an opinion -- nothing less, nothing more. I believe that his opinion is flawed and not well researched. If you go back to my original post in this thread, I clearly state that I do not expect Cross (or anyone) to praise the Bills. An intelligent opinion on the topic would be that the Bills are in a state of flux until the coaching staff settles in and we see what happens over free agency and the draft. There has been a good deal of positive feedback from NFL "experts" over the hiring of Jauron and Fairchild, for example -- for Cross to dismiss Buffalo as being a "mess" of an organization is careless and irresponsible.

Cross has proven one thing in his career as an analyst. He is lazy. It's obvious on Sunday that he does as little research as possible, and this pattern of behavior has carried over to his stints on the radio.

Well Cross is certainly not the only "expert" out there that would love to see the Bills willingly take a Doormat position in the NFL and be happy with it...Mort is another one...I still find Mort's "just not your Year" comments while he was outwardly backing TD and MM to be hilarious...These idiots are transparent...The Packers hire a 49ers Assistant...Cross loves the move cause he loves the 49ers...When an "expert" makes comments like Cross did, they should then get Tasker on and see what he thinks about the moves...Seems only fair... :angry:

588205[/snapback]

Cross is and always has been a 49er rah-rah homer. I've heard him be overly critical of the Bills in the past, something I've just attributed to a bit of jealousy over the Bills successfulness in the past. (The 49ers organization took a KO blow well before Buffalo did and still hasn't gotten up from the mat.)

As fans, we support the team and are perenially optimistic.

588175[/snapback]

Your obviously new to this board and the Buffalo Bills.

Hi, hows it goin?

Have youread this board? I would say maybe about 20% of us here are atleast optimistic for the next year (myself included). The rest are already taking on the typical Buffalo sports fan attitude of everything is doom and gloom and the world is out to get us. But those people are realists, and us 20% that like to be optimistic are dreamers

Hi, hows it goin?

Have youread this board? I would say maybe about 20% of us here are atleast optimistic for the next year (myself included). The rest are already taking on the typical Buffalo sports fan attitude of everything is doom and gloom and the world is out to get us. But those people are realists, and us 20% that like to be optimistic are dreamers

588269[/snapback]

I consider myself, somewhere in the middle....a realist and an optimist! While it is true, our owner is cheap when it comes to paying coaches (had to get that in there ; ) I don't think that the fact that Dick Jauron comes to the Bills with a sub-par previous head coaching record, precludes him from having success in Buffalo...I think it is way too early to make a call on he and Marv for that matter...I can't say that either would be my first choice for their jobs, but I still have some faith in Marv....

Goes to show you to land a job like that...its not what you know...is who you are and who you know.

588157[/snapback]

...being well-tanned (even if sprayed on) with glossy white teeth apparently helps as well... <_<

Hi, hows it goin?

588269[/snapback]

No I am not new to this board. But what I am saying is beneath the doom and gloom, we all start off a new season with very high hopes and belief that we can make the playoffs. The mere vitriolic intensity of attacks that board posters direct at national media analysts that dare put down our team indirectly indicates how optimistic we are. So in a way, we are dysfunctional - we can bash the team decisions no end but how dare a national media person do the same ? He must be a moron !

No I am not new to this board. But what I am saying is beneath the doom and gloom, we all start off a new season with very high hopes and belief that we can make the playoffs. The mere vitriolic intensity of attacks that board posters direct at national media analysts that dare put down our team indirectly indicates how optimistic we are. So in a way, we are dysfunctional - we can bash the team decisions no end but how dare a national media person do the same ? He must be a moron !

588484[/snapback]

To paraphrase Animal House:

"He can't do that to our team."

"Only we can do that to our team."

588484[/snapback]

My response was not a shot at you, i was saying that the average fan on here is already declared this team as bottom feeders and the joke of the league when you said fans are always optomistic. The optimisum is very small around these parts