With the #8 pick in the draft

Frez

Marcus McNeil OT Auburn.

586531[/snapback]

Just say.......

NOOOOOOO!!!!!

By the way, it's Haloti Ngata, DT Oregon.

Or D'Brickashaw Ferguson (1) or Mario Williams (1a) if one of them drops.

If all 3 are unavailable, Michael Huff, CB/S Texas; Jimmy Williams, CB Virginia Tech; Tambla Hali, DE Penn State; Vernon Davis, TE Maryland; or the shockers: Jay Cutler, QB Vanderbilt or DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis :ph34r:

Gotta Ngata.

586740[/snapback]

although I like D'Brick - how can you not like an OLman with a name like D'Brick. I really think the only 2 sure things in the consensus first 10 are Bush and Ngata. Ngata has not only got the physical tools, he has the mental wherewithall to be successful.

The others will very likely be successful, but I think it's gonna depend on where they land and how they're coached and schemes and such.

I also think Jay Cutler has a better than 70-80% chance of being one of the gems of this draft. I work at Vanderbilt and let me tell you this guy in his senior year was better than some NFL QBs in terms of accuracy and leadership.

Charles

I agree that we may be able to get Winston in the second round.  That would be a good value pick.

586792[/snapback]

You could even move up in the second. But taking him in the 1st 1/4 of the 1st round is probably 20 spots too high.

One thing I will say about Donahoe's last draft: he went with the best player on their board with each pick and I think in 2-3 years we'll see some value out of that.