Top-10 Board if Ngata, Ferguson, Williams are gone

In a post elsewhere, i've been talking about a scenario that's been a nightmare in the back of my mind. It may have been discussed before as well. This nightmare if you will, is not so far fetched. It's a definite possibility and it plays out like this:

1.) Houston - Reggie Bush

2.) New Orleans - Matt Leinart

3.) Tennessee - Vince Young

4.) New York - D'Brickashaw Ferguson

5.) Green Bay - A.J. Hawk

6.) San Francisco - Mario Williams

7.) Oakland - Haloti Ngata

So now what? Obviously, try and trade down. The crop that's around now as far as DT and OT go are nowhere's NEAR worth picking at #8. But what if we can't trade down? Then we're stuck at 8 looking outside the box. Here's how my board would stand:

1.) Tambla Hali, DE Penn State

2.) DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis

3.) Vernon Davis, TE Maryland

4.) Jimmy Williams, CB Virginia Tech

5.) Michael Huff, S Texas

6.) Santonio Holmes, WR Ohio State

7.) Lendale White, RB USC

8.) Mathias Kiwanuka, DE Boston College

9.) Chad Greenway, LB Iowa

10.) Jay Cutler, QB Vanderbilt

Another RB? DeAngelo Williams might be too good to pass on. Especially if they feel WM needs another guy with him.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pass on the RB's - they are the LAST piece of the puzzle.  You grab them once you are set on the OL and at QB...

585900[/snapback]

Right-O, Fearless leader. RB is way down the list, right now. From his list...Hali or the CB Williams.

out of these ten I like Hali, Jimmy Williams and Michael Huff the best...especially if we are going to lose Nate Clements.

If we were to take a running back, which I'm not totally opposed to given the uncertainty of WM at this end of this season, I'd rather have LenDale White. I'm not taking anything away from DW, but White might be a better option to share the backfield with WM, kinda like he was with Bush. Speed and power instead of speed and speed. Just a thought.

But definately we should be trading down if our lineman arent there...down to the early to mid 20s and grab the Best OL/DL available

out of these ten I like Hali, Jimmy Williams and Michael Huff the best...especially if we are going to lose Nate Clements.

If we were to take a running back, which I'm not totally opposed to given the uncertainty of WM at this end of this season, I'd rather have LenDale White.  I'm not taking anything away from DW, but White might be a better option to share the backfield with WM, kinda like he was with Bush.  Speed and power instead of speed and speed.  Just a thought.

But definately we should be trading down if our lineman arent there...down to the early to mid 20s and grab the Best OL/DL available

585912[/snapback]

Trading down would be the best option too. Speculation is that Det. may try to grab Cutler. There also is interest in White and Williams from multiple teams. Therefore a few teams may try to move up this year.

Trading down would be the best option too.  Speculation is that Det. may try to grab Cutler.  There also is interest in White and Williams from multiple teams.  Therefore a few teams may try to move up this year.

585918[/snapback]

Marv won't trade.

Probably stuck with the CB- who will provide return help at least as a nickle back.

It would be nice to have a real TE, though.

Marv won't trade.

Trading partner or not- Marv will not trade on draft day

Marv will not trade on draft day. Up or down

obie -- i think you've made your point.......time will tell if it's right or wrong, but there is no reason to keep repeating it.......

obie -- i think you've made your point.......time will tell if it's right or wrong, but there is no reason to keep repeating it.......

585938[/snapback]

Coming from you that is absolutely priceless.

<_<

Jimmy Williams has all the talent in the world to be a star in the NFL...only one problem...he's kind of a dick. I thought Marv was going to build a high-character team...in which case, Williams would definitely not fit.

He got ejected from the last college game he ever played in because he couldnt control himself.

come on, couldn't you fit a negative marv slant in there? what about a ralph lowblow? your not trying hard enough

the crusade must live on!!

585948[/snapback]

<_<:devil:;)

You accusing somebody of repetitive posting and crusading is like me telling somebody to quit drinking, cussing, acting like a redneck and flying twinbirds at rollercoaster cameras.

Jimmy Williams has all the talent in the world to be a star in the NFL...only one problem...he's kind of a dick.  I thought Marv was going to build a high-character team...in which case, Williams would definitely not fit.

He got ejected from the last college game he ever played in because he couldnt control himself.

585960[/snapback]

Just wondering how you'd feel about the Bills going CB especially if they resign Clements. I can't see investing that much in CB personally.

<_<  :devil:  ;)

You accusing somebody of repetitive posting and crusading is like me telling somebody to quit drinking, cussing, acting like a redneck and flying twinbirds at rollercoaster cameras.

585963[/snapback]

so you haven't been posting the same tired negative theme about ralph and levy for the past two weeks? interesting.....

So now what? Obviously, try and trade down. The crop that's around now as far as DT and OT go are nowhere's NEAR worth picking at #8. But what if we can't trade down? Then we're stuck at 8 looking outside the box.

If that were to transpire and we couldn't trade down, I'd probably go with either Huff or Tamba Hali.

Hali has been a monster every time I've seen him this year, but with our older one-dimensional safeties I might be more inclined to take Huff if he looks as impressive in gamefilm as Hali does.

so you haven't been posting the same tired negative theme about ralph and levy for the past two weeks? interesting.....

Poor guy. I see you spent all that time using the TSW search feature trying to come up with evidence of me being 1/10th as repetitive as you, and an empty accusation was all you could come up with. <_<

If that were to transpire and we couldn't trade down, I'd probably go with either Huff or Tamba Hali.

Hali has been a monster every time I've seen him this year, but with our older one-dimensional safeties I might be more inclined to take Huff if he looks as impressive in gamefilm as Hali does.

Poor guy. I see you spent all that time using the TSW search feature trying to come up with evidence of me being 1/10th as repetitive as you, and an empty accusation was all you could come up with.  <_<

585982[/snapback]

just confirmed my hunch -- negative blasts at ralph and marv repeated over and over again........you deny it?

pass on the RB's - they are the LAST piece of the puzzle.  You grab them once you are set on the OL and at QB...

585900[/snapback]

I have to agree with you. That's why Tambla Hali is #1 on my board then.

But with Jimmy Williams' character issues and Michael Huff immediately throwing Vincent or Milloy to the fire (which i'm not ready to do), we're looking at a guy like Vernon Davis at TE.

Honestly, I think DeAngelo Williams is going to be something spectacular! If we were put in this nightmarish situation, the idea of having Willis McGahee AND DeAngelo Williams in the same backfield would be too good to pass on. Especially with Fairchild's history of using both Steve Jackson and Marshall Faulk and Willis' history of not playing every down.

If the Bills don't draft someone who weighs more than 280 pounds, I will be disappointed.

So will I.

But use your head. Who are we going to draft? Winston Justice? Eric Winston? Marcus McNeill? Brodrick Bunkley?

Almost all of those guys is going to go at around 20. I'd rather have someone whose worth taking at another position and address the line's in 2 & 3 and then HEAVILY in FA.