Sean Taylor faces 46 years on assault

JoeFerguson

It wasn't a car. It was a couple of ATV's.  They took them from Taylors house and he decided that walking down the street with weapons and threatoning the folks was more efficient then calling the cops. 

Yeah stupid.

585773[/snapback]

You mean it's not more efficient?

I will never forget  Gregg Williams coming to his defense.

They deserve each other!!!

585783[/snapback]

Yeah, GW talked Joe Gibbs into drafting Sean Taylor saying he was the type of safety that his 46 hybrid defense needed. Gibbs wanted Kellen Winslow Jr.

Not sure who the better choice would have been.

Yeah, GW talked Joe Gibbs into drafting Sean Taylor saying he was the type of safety that his 46 hybrid defense needed.  Gibbs wanted Kellen Winslow Jr.

Not sure who the better choice would have been.

585787[/snapback]

At least Sean Taylor has actually played in some real games...but yeah. Pick your poison pretty much.

Wanna bet?  Charges will be reduced and he'll plead.  Probation...EOS.

585753[/snapback]

He's a wealthy,minority star athelete.

He'll skate.

Wait, I've heard this somewhere before.

It wasn't a car. It was a couple of ATV's.  They took them from Taylors house and he decided that walking down the street with weapons and threatoning the folks was more efficient then calling the cops. 

Yeah stupid.

585773[/snapback]

Not necessarily. This is the God's honest truth, this happened to a friend of mine, and it is HILARIOUS:

He lived in Buffalo off of Main St. on Minnesota Ave, in the 'UB student' section of apartments. He woke up one morning to find that his car was missing. He had parked it in the street. He asked any of his roommates if they had moved it, they said no. So he calls the police, tells them his car has been stolen, and they take a report. They tell him up front that the odds are not good that they will track down his car.

About a month later, he is walking with another friend of ours in a 'rougher' part of Buffalo, off of Bailey Ave. They both say it was like something out of a dream. They look down a driveway, and there is a sheet hanging over the garage, no garage door. Just as they are walking by, a gust of wind blows the sheet, and sure enough, there is his car in the garage!

He says, "Holy sh*t that's my car." He walked down the driveway (this is in the middle of the afternoon) to take a look and make sure it's his. He can hear loud music coming from inside the house. He gets a good look, confirms it's his, and goes back to his apt to get a spare set of keys. The other friend who was with him drives him back to the house where his stolen car is, and he goes up the driveway. As he goes to open the door on his car, he notices (and this is priceless): THEY PUT 'THE CLUB' ON HIS STEERING WHEEL!!!

Now he's pissed, so he goes back, gets in his friend's car, and calls the cops on his cell phone. A female officer at the Buffalo Police Dept. answered, and this was their conversation:

My friend: "My name is XXX, is reported a 1992 XXX stolen about a month ago."

BPD: "Let me pull your file." Waiting...."Ok, yes, we have you on record."

friend: "Well, I found my car. It's at 123 Blah Street. I can see it in the garage. Can you send some officers down so that we can get it?"

BPD: "Ah, we don't do that, sir."

friend: "What do you mean you don't do that?"

BPD: "Well sir, did you see them steal your car?"

friend: "What?"

BPD: "If you didn't see them steal your car, there's no evidence that they actually took it."

friend (pissed): "They have my car!!! I didn't see them steal it, but it's in their garage!!!"

After a few minutes of exchanging like this, my friend was getting worked up and the cop was saying "well, we don't do that," she came out with this dandy. My friend was in absolute shock that an officer of the law said this to him:

BPD: "Well, I suggest you call up a few friends and go down there and get it back."

<_< He was baffled. He went back once more a few days later, and the Club was still on it. After that, he checked a few more times over the next few months and the car was gone. It wasn't anything special, and he actually got more than it was worth from insurance, but the whole story was just priceless. The good ole BPD. "We don't do that."

Not necessarily.  This is the God's honest truth, this happened to a friend of mine, and it is HILARIOUS:

BPD: "Well, I suggest you call up a few friends and go down there and get it back."

<_<  He was baffled.  He went back once more a few days later, and the Club was still on it.  After that, he checked a few more times over the next few months and the car was gone.  It wasn't anything special, and he actually got more than it was worth from insurance, but the whole story was just priceless.  The good ole BPD.  "We don't do that."

585813[/snapback]

That is a great story. I'll be re-telling that one later.

Not necessarily.  This is the God's honest truth, this happened to a friend of mine, and it is HILARIOUS:

He lived in Buffalo off of Main St. on Minnesota Ave, in the 'UB student' section of apartments.  He woke up one morning to find that his car was missing.  He had parked it in the street.  He asked any of his roommates if they had moved it, they said no.  So he calls the police, tells them his car has been stolen, and they take a report.  They tell him up front that the odds are not good that they will track down his car.

About a month later, he is walking with another friend of ours in a 'rougher' part of Buffalo, off of Bailey Ave.  They both say it was like something out of a dream.  They look down a driveway, and there is a sheet hanging over the garage, no garage door.  Just as they are walking by, a gust of wind blows the sheet, and sure enough, there is his car in the garage! 

He says, "Holy sh*t that's my car."  He walked down the driveway (this is in the middle of the afternoon) to take a look and make sure it's his.  He can hear loud music coming from inside the house.  He gets a good look, confirms it's his, and goes back to his apt to get a spare set of keys.  The other friend who was with him drives him back to the house where his stolen car is, and he goes up the driveway.  As he goes to open the door on his car, he notices (and this is priceless):  THEY PUT 'THE CLUB' ON HIS STEERING WHEEL!!!

Now he's pissed, so he goes back, gets in his friend's car, and calls the cops on his cell phone.  A female officer at the Buffalo Police Dept. answered, and this was their conversation:

My friend: "My name is XXX, is reported a 1992 XXX stolen about a month ago."

BPD: "Let me pull your file."  Waiting...."Ok, yes, we have you on record."

friend: "Well, I found my car.  It's at 123 Blah Street.  I can see it in the garage.  Can you send some officers down so that we can get it?"

BPD:  "Ah, we don't do that, sir."

friend:  "What do you mean you don't do that?"

BPD:  "Well sir, did you see them steal your car?"

friend:  "What?"

BPD:  "If you didn't see them steal your car, there's no evidence that they actually took it."

friend (pissed): "They have my car!!!  I didn't see them steal it, but it's in their garage!!!"

After a few minutes of exchanging like this, my friend was getting worked up and the cop was saying "well, we don't do that," she came out with this dandy.  My friend was in absolute shock that an officer of the law said this to him:

<_<  He was baffled.  He went back once more a few days later, and the Club was still on it.  After that, he checked a few more times over the next few months and the car was gone.  It wasn't anything special, and he actually got more than it was worth from insurance, but the whole story was just priceless.  The good ole BPD.  "We don't do that."

585813[/snapback]

Why didn't he just knock on the door of the house and politely ask for it back?

Why didn't he just knock on the door of the house and politely ask for it back?

585897[/snapback]

That is an excellent question. I'm sure they were understanding folks who would've appreciated the irony of the story. Or, perhaps he did knock, but they couldn't hear him because of the loud rap music playing inside.

I was impressed he went and got his keys and was going to drive it away. He isn't the most ballsy dude I know, but that would've been a ballsy move, especially with people home.

That is an excellent question.  I'm sure they were understanding folks who would've appreciated the irony of the story.  Or, perhaps he did knock, but they couldn't hear him because of the loud rap music playing inside.

I was impressed he went and got his keys and was going to drive it away.  He isn't the most ballsy dude I know, but that would've been a ballsy move, especially with people home.

585899[/snapback]

You would think the police would be interested to have that address, perhaps a place to find a lot of stolen cars.

You would think the police would be interested to have that address, perhaps a place to find a lot of stolen cars.

585909[/snapback]

Yup. They didn't seem to be. In fact, when my friend gave the address over the phone, the cop said they are not showing that house number on that street as a valid residence. My friend said, "Well, there's a house, and there's a garage, and my stolen car is in it."

Hilarious. It is magic to actually hear him tell the story. He gets all fired up.

It seemed to me when I read the article that those men were trying to steal something that belonged to Taylor, and he displayed a weapon to persuade them not to do so. Personally, I don't see why behavior like that should be illegal at all, as the man was just defending his own property.