Rocketship7 Website

Seeing as how I've never lived out of FLorida, I now fully understand where PTR gets his name.

585618[/snapback]

I chose the name PromoTheRobot because anyone who grew up in Buffalo in the 60's and 70's would get it. How many mornings would we spend eating corn flakes, huddled around the black & white Magnavox, watching Bugs Bunny cartoons before we walked to school?

PTR

I chose the name PromoTheRobot because anyone who grew up in Buffalo in the 60's and 70's would get it.  How many mornings would we spend eating corn flakes, huddled around the black & white Magnavox, watching Bugs Bunny cartoons before we walked to school?

PTR

585627[/snapback]

That was a great show. I grew up with 2, 4, and 7, so Rocketship7 was really the only good game in town.

What about The Mickey Mouse Show?

585686[/snapback]

True. But by the 70's the Mickey Mouse Club was pretty dated in B/W syndication.

I was young but the shows I loved were Rocketship7, Hillarious House (I forgot we also got CHCH), and oddly enough Alfred Hitchcock Presents.

Boy does that bring back memories. You may already know this but Dave Thomas is currently the main weather guy on ABC-Channel 6 in Philadelphia, which is the top news station in Philadelphia. He calls himself Dave Roberts. He must be almost 70 now, but he still has the same youthful look. He is a very popular TV figure in Philly, who also does other events like parades, festivals etc. Also, his son is actor in Hollywood. He plays the main cop character on the show "Bones."

I chose the name PromoTheRobot because anyone who grew up in Buffalo in the 60's and 70's would get it.  How many mornings would we spend eating corn flakes, huddled around the black & white Magnavox, watching Bugs Bunny cartoons before we walked to school?

PTR

585627[/snapback]

Those were the days....

I remember that we'd be lucky once in awhile and mom would let us eat cold Bocce pizza from the night before for breakfast as we watched Rocketship 7 - now THAT was the best!

Sweet hat they're selling...

Boy does that bring back memories. You may already know this but Dave Thomas is currently the main weather guy on ABC-Channel 6 in Philadelphia, which is the top news station in Philadelphia. He calls himself Dave Roberts. He must be almost 70 now, but he still has the same youthful look. He is a very popular TV figure in Philly, who also does other events like parades, festivals etc.  Also, his son is actor in Hollywood. He plays the main cop character on the show "Bones."

585712[/snapback]

Yeah....I lived in Philley on three different occasions( tell me thats not scary!!)(though I do love alot about Philley)

not to mention I almost moved back a fourth time!

Is that wacky Don Polec still on TV there also?

What about Gary Papa?

Of course, they also were on TV in Buffalo before landing in Philley.

PTR

585627[/snapback]

Ah, those were the days. Eating Count Chocula, getting ready for elementary school. I remember they would play these educational cartoon shorts, one was called " The Most Important Person". Living in Rochester, sometimes the reception would be pretty bad, but I would still watch it.

Here's another kids television gem from the 70's thats out on DVD now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AA4F2...&v=glance&n=130

Ah, those were the days. Eating Count Chocula, getting ready for elementary school. I remember they would play these educational cartoon shorts, one was called " The Most Important Person".  Living in Rochester, sometimes the reception would be pretty bad, but I would still watch it.

585733[/snapback]

How 'bout Prince Planet, anyone remember that one? Ali Haji, the Power Pendant? I think that was one of those Buffalo/Canada shows as well because no one else remembers it.

http://www.8thman.com/8store/pplan.html