Bates Declining Bills DC Job Offer!!

D' men

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jerry gray must be laughing his ass off right now! he is not even officially fired and all of the defensive coordinators got gobbled up because of the bills lack of urgency hiring their head coach.and not even giving haslett a chance to interview for at least the defensive coordinator job and miami picks up a dom capers to run their d and donnie henederson gets a new gig we would be crazy lucky to have ted cotrell back

You do realize that BillsDaily.com isnt a reliable news source in terms of finding out scoops, right?  They just post the news that other sites report.

585246[/snapback]

Well I didn't know that but in some cases that site updates events faster than twobillsdrive.com by more than 5-10 mins.

Houstons DC position is already set.

585229[/snapback]

I have been a little out of the loop lately.....who is the Texans DC? I live in Austin, just yesterday morning, they were talking about the very subject, and mentioned Jerry Gray and Jim Bates as the two most likely candidates...fill me in? Also, who is the Jets d-coordinator?

I know that it is blasphamous the last couple of days, on the wall, to suggest that our owner is cheap, but I hate to say I told you so...Bates was never going to come to Buffalo! I would not be shocked, when the numbers come out, if Bates makes almost as much this year from the Packers, sitting , than Dick Jauron makes this year....

Me too. My defense picks in Madden are always solid. I am very good at adapting the scheme to the personnel.

585282[/snapback]

Ohhh, is that how it's supposed to work? I just blitz on every play...

:lol:

jerry gray must be laughing his ass off right now! he is not even officially fired and all of the defensive coordinators got gobbled up because of the bills lack of urgency hiring their head coach.and not even giving haslett a chance to interview for at least the defensive coordinator job and miami picks up a dom capers to run their d and donnie henederson gets a new gig we would be crazy lucky to have ted cotrell back

585248[/snapback]

According to Fred Smerlas, who claims to speak with Haslett everyday, Haslett wanted the Bills HC job, so bad, he would have taken it, even at a low-ball price...he would have not taken the DC job in Buffalo, for a low-ball price. Smerlas said that RW pays his head coaches "next to nothing" and his assistants "nothing"! And then, of course, fat Fred lobbied to get the Bills color job for radio broadcasts, but only if the "price is right!"

I have to believe that Gray would likely be pretty pissed off at the Bills right now. I don't really like the job he has done, overall, but I think the Bills sort of ambiguous stance on him had to hurt his chances of getting more interviews, and maybe a job. I know he won't lose any money, but they could at least treat him with some dignity...what would be really embarassing is if the Bills are forced to bring him back next season, because they can't get anyone else....

All I can tell you is what I heard.......Houston , better city , alot more money, and an owner that knows what the going rate is for DC......Hell mcnair actually knows what day of the week it is ........The better question is why would he pick Buff., would you if you were him???

If my name was Bates it would be Houston here I come!!!

585174[/snapback]

You obviously have not lived in Houston. Maybe national perception has it that its better then Buffalo, but nothing could be further from the truth. The weather has all the advantages of a swamp, traffic is the equal of LA's mobile parking lot, and the city itself has all the charm of a strip mall. Actually, slightly less charm then a strip mall... And BTW, I'm being kind in case there are any Houstonians reading this.

I've lived all across this country, and still I have a hard time figuring out why actual Bills fans continue to dis the fine city of Buffalo. Yea, hang all the politicians and cut the dang taxes in half for sure, but the city itself is far more liveable then most.

You obviously have not lived in Houston.  Maybe national perception has it that its better then Buffalo, but nothing could be further from the truth.  The weather has all the advantages of a swamp,  traffic is the equal of LA's mobile parking lot, and the city itself has all the charm of a strip mall.  Actually, slightly less charm then a strip mall...  And BTW, I'm being kind in case there are any Houstonians reading this.

I've lived all across this country, and still I have a hard time figuring out why actual Bills fans continue to dis the fine city of Buffalo.  Yea, hang all the politicians and cut the dang taxes in half for sure, but the city itself is far more liveable then most.

585287[/snapback]

they have better lookin' broads, though...

If this is indeed true, I am going to post again my idea for DC.

Mike Singletary for the job. He is not only one of the best LBs of all time, but one of the best players in the entire NFL ever! PERIOD.

I say forget Bates and bring in Singletary!

585240[/snapback]

Seems to be an important ingredient......just ask Bart Starr, Ted Williams

and Isaiah Thomas... :lol:

I have been a little out of the loop lately.....who is the Texans DC?  I live in Austin, just yesterday morning, they were talking about the very subject, and mentioned Jerry Gray and Jim Bates as the two most likely candidates...fill me in?  Also, who is the Jets d-coordinator?

I know that it is blasphamous the last couple of days, on the wall, to suggest that our owner is cheap, but I hate to say I told you so...Bates was never going to come to Buffalo!  I would not be shocked, when the numbers come out, if Bates makes almost as much this year from the Packers, sitting , than Dick Jauron makes this year....

585272[/snapback]

Maybe the Texans pick up Gray. :lol:

Clayton, like all of these talking heads has to come up with something to talk about every day, a couple times a day. He had Haslett coming here ...90% was the figure I think I heard. These guys, Clayton, Mort.., etc. can say anything they want, it is all a guess, even when "sources close the team/league" are foot noted to their report it is still just a guess, speculation, chuming the football fan waters if you will.

And regarding picking Houston over Buffalo, or Buffalo over Houston....C'mon folks these guys can find really nice homes to live in, schools to send there kids to, in any NFL city. It is about the job and the fit/people and dare I say the money.