Bates Declining Bills DC Job Offer!!

D' men

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KUBIAK!!!!  Why on earth would he choose the Texans over the Bills! :)

That would be crazy! :lol:

585155[/snapback]

All I can tell you is what I heard.......Houston , better city , alot more money, and an owner that knows what the going rate is for DC......Hell mcnair actually knows what day of the week it is ........The better question is why would he pick Buff., would you if you were him???

If my name was Bates it would be Houston here I come!!!

That pencil necked retard is really going out on a limb with that quote. "Bates may not take the Bills job". Gee, no sh*t you genius. Guess what, Bates also MAY take the Bills job. He only has two choices Einstein! Take it or don't, it's a 50/50 shot and of course JC took the negative approach with it being Buffalo. :lol:

All I can tell you is what I heard.......Houston , better city , alot more money, and an owner that knows what the going rate is for DC......Hell mcnair actually knows what day of the week it is ........The better question is why would he pick Buff., would you if you were him???

If my name was Bates it would be Houston here I come!!!

585174[/snapback]

He would pick Buffalo over the Texans because the Bills have more talented players on defense.

Apparently the coaching contract rules are that a team owes the amount of the contract signed minus whatever amount he is paid by an NFL team under a new contract.

Thus, if Baters is holding out for more $ it is for an additional amount that was offered him above the salary the Pack are paying him. If the Bills (or any team paid him less then the Pack would merely have to cought up the extra amount giving him a level of compensation equal to his agreement with the Pack for the two years remaining on his deal.

There apparently is some jawboning and not forgetting in real life that stops coaches from merely hopping to colleges while under contract to the pros and in essence double dipping. There also are some long memories about NFL teams showing bad form and having the Packers pay for their DC by giving Bates a low ball contract to do the same job.

However, the big factors to take anything which anyone says with a boulder rather than a mere grain of salt is that in addition to none of us mere mortals fully understanding the contract rules coaches operate under, no one knows for sure what jobs were offered or for how much.

The moral statements as to whether Bates (or the Bills) are right or wrong in what the offered or what he has rejected seem to be fact-free opinions for the most part.

He would pick Buffalo over the Texans because the Bills have more talented players on defense.

585193[/snapback]

Maybe he'd pick texans over buff because they have more cap room for free agents?

IMO the bills d is full of holes and we are praying spikes can still run, which I have doubts about.

If I was Bates, Texas is the place I would head, Full control over the d with an offensive minded

HC. After last season I'd say there isn't much difference between the d's as they both sucked.

The owner in Houston has alot more respect around the NFL than ralphy does these days.

Maybe he'd pick texans over buff because they have more cap room for free agents?

IMO the bills d is full of holes and we are praying spikes can still run, which I have doubts about.

If I was Bates, Texas is the place I would head, Full control over the d with an offensive minded

HC. After last season I'd say there isn't much difference between the d's as they both sucked.

The owner in Houston has alot more respect around the NFL than ralphy does these days.

585225[/snapback]

Houstons DC position is already set.

THAT TOTALLY BLOWS!............didnt get the "great coach"....didnt get a quality offensive coordinator..........and now it dosnt look like we will get a quality defensive coordinator............this looks like the greg williams regime all over again!

Jim Bates is declining the Bills DC job offer per Rotonews. No reason or details given. This blows, I really wanted him. I can't believe that Ralphie wouldn't up his offer to Bates to get him here.

Who would be the most likely DC candidates now? Ted Cottrell?

585231[/snapback]

If this is indeed true, I am going to post again my idea for DC.

As I stated earlier:

Well, it looks as though the Bates hiring is far from a done deal. With that being said, I would be a HUGE fan of bringing in Mike Singletary for the job. He is not only one of the best LBs of all time, but one of the best players in the entire NFL ever! PERIOD.

He knows defense and what it takes to be successful. He is a great teacher as well. I don't know how many of you guys saw the piece yesterday on the NFL Network where he was coaching at the Senior Bowl, but it was a great illustration of his coaching technique and his ability to teach. He is a great coach. I think if given a chance, he can not only be a fantastic DC in this league, but he may turn out to be a FANTASTIC Head Coach in this League someday!

I say forget Bates and bring in Singletary!

Jim Bates is declining the Bills DC job offer per Rotonews. No reason or details given. This blows, I really wanted him. I can't believe that Ralphie wouldn't up his offer to Bates to get him here.

585231[/snapback]

What is rotonews and why are you so shocked???

585231[/snapback]

Like I said before I don't get that station so I don't believe it. I want twobillsdrive.com or billsdaily.com or Espn.com to say something first. So don't get your hopes up yet people!!!! :lol::):lol::lol:

Like I said before I don't get that station so I don't believe it.  I want twobillsdrive.com or billsdaily.com or Espn.com to say something first.  So don't get your hopes up yet people!!!! :lol:  :)  :lol:  :lol:

585245[/snapback]

You do realize that BillsDaily.com isnt a reliable news source in terms of finding out scoops, right? They just post the news that other sites report and summarize.

Hell, its convenient and I dig the site a lot...usually go there once a day in case I missed something, but its not like they'll snoop anything out.