GM Mock draft (JinVA is on the clock)

It is obvious Boller sucks. Wright doesn't have that much left so obviously they need a QB

590285[/snapback]

I agree, but rumorsare that they are looking at Collins or Kitna for that spot and Whitehurst would be lucky to be a second rounder, let alone a top 15 pick, although he is moving up after the senior bowl.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got in, and I guess its my pick...since my trade didnt go thru....lol didnt expect it tooo....

sh-- would have left Philly with the best offense in the league(but shouldnt this whole thing start over then??)....

but ok my pick

at 14

The Philadelphia Eagles select

WR out of Ohio State

SANTONIO HOLMES......

So are we allowed to make trades...if so Owens is on the block...looking for a late 1st or early 2nd

Wow...

Whitehurst is a reach and a half. Baltimore easily could have had him in the 2nd (maybe the 3rd) if they wanted him. After Leinart, Young, and Cutler; there shouldn't be another QB in the first. Omar Jacobs and Brodie Croyle should go after them. Then MAYBE Whitehurst.

He had a good Senior Bowl. But not that good.

Wow...

Whitehurst is a reach and a half. Baltimore easily could have had him in the 2nd (maybe the 3rd) if they wanted him. After Leinart, Young, and Cutler; there shouldn't be another QB in the first. Omar Jacobs and Brodie Croyle should go after them. Then MAYBE Whitehurst.

He had a good Senior Bowl. But not that good.

590678[/snapback]

Brodie Croyle in the first...maybe, but no Omar Jacobs, especially after the year he had. He should have stayed put for one more year. Its scary how much Jacobs reminds me of Josh Harris, predecessor at BGSU. I really liked Harris in 04 as a late 1st day early second day pick. However, Harris was one of those QBs from the MAC that was going to shock the world...and fell flat on his face so far.

Croyle on the otherhand, hasnt quite been getting the press he deserves and will make a team a very nice second round pick. His numbers this year would have been much better if his playmaker WR wasnt injured early on in the season.

Whitehurst was a complete stretch, especially with Boller finally emerging at the QB position at the end of the season. While Boller can only benefit from having a QB pressure him to keep the starting role, WR may have been a more glaring need for the Ravens in the first round.

Next pick

Orien Harris - Defensive Tackle - University of Miami (FL)

Positives:

He is your prototypical defensive tackle that can stop the run and get after the quarterback. Orien has all the potential in the world and for the most part he has lived up to the hype. He is a very unselfish player that does whatever is asked of him. Though his stats don't show it, he is a great pass rusher.

Negatives:

Orien has the size you look for, but doesn't take on blockers very well. He has no trouble at getting in the backfield, but rarely produces any sacks. He needs to polish his defensive moves as well.

Overview:

Orien Harris has all the potential in the world, and I think he will be a great defensive tackle. Has a nose for the ball and is constantly causing havoc in the backfield. He will make an impact on any team right away and is my sleeper pick. Watch out for this kid. He could be one of the best at his position in a couple years.

NFL Comparison: A young Warren Sapp

2003, I have to disagree with your grades.

Mathias Kiwanuka at 17 to the Vikings doesn't deserve a D. He had a poor Senior Bowl showing, but if Williams and Hali are gone and the Vikings want another DE, Kiwanuka is the pick. Before his "regression" he was touted as a top-10 pick.

Orien Harris at 19 gets a B?! I have yet to see a SINGLE mock that has Orien Harris in round 1. He's below Ngata, Bunkley, Watson, Wroten, and Wright on most boards i've seen.

Lendale White is a little bit of a reach at 7, but not a whole lot. Not deserving a C. Especially if DeAngelo Williams is picked at 4. San Fran needs a back and at that point White is the best you can get. He's projected anywhere from pick 5 to GB to pick 20.

And Charlie Whitehurst gets a D?!.....

Actually, you're right; that was a terrible pick. :D

2003, I have to disagree with your grades.

Mathias Kiwanuka at 17 to the Vikings doesn't deserve a D. He had a poor Senior Bowl showing, but if Williams and Hali are gone and the Vikings want another DE, Kiwanuka is the pick. Before his "regression" he was touted as a top-10 pick.

Orien Harris at 19 gets a B?! I have yet to see a SINGLE mock that has Orien Harris in round 1. He's below Ngata, Bunkley, Watson, Wroten, and Wright on most boards i've seen.

Lendale White is a little bit of a reach at 7, but not a whole lot. Not deserving a C. Especially if DeAngelo Williams is picked at 4. San Fran needs a back and at that point White is the best you can get. He's projected anywhere from pick 5 to GB to pick 20.

And Charlie Whitehurst gets a D?!.....

Actually, you're right; that was a terrible pick.  :D

592283[/snapback]

Only reason DW was at 4 was he was the best athlete on the board and the Jets need someone to replace CM. I'm not convinced their OL is their main offensive problem as injuries to skill positions are

2003 at the end of round one and you place a draft recap list so its easier to read who has been picked?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.