VCoach - Bills hire Steve Fairchild as OC

ACor58

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no, I was hoping for a guy who'd run the friggin ball 30 + times a game. Now we're going to have someone who learned at the Mike Martz school of boneheaded coaching decisions??? He averaged 35 passes per game with Ryan Fitzpatrick as QB!!! To me, if RYan Fitzpatrick is your friggin QB, you give the ball to Steven Jackson 35 times a game!! Dammmmnnnnnn!!!!

What are Jauron's, Kollar's, and Fairchild's salaries?  I haven't seen that information.

583688[/snapback]

What does knowing how much he's being paid have to do with whether he came cheap. No one knows him. Being unknown = cheap. Get with the program, Camp! Stop looking for facts and get on the Assumption Wagon with me!

Oh no, I was hoping for a guy who'd run the friggin ball 30 + times a game.  Now we're going to have someone who learned at the Mike Martz school of boneheaded coaching decisions???  He averaged 35 passes per game with Ryan Fitzpatrick as QB!!!  To me, if RYan Fitzpatrick is your friggin QB, you give the ball to Steven Jackson 35 times a game!!  Dammmmnnnnnn!!!!

583693[/snapback]

Unless you're behind by 30 points in the fourth quarter. Then...I dunno....maybe you have to pass? Especially when your team sucks?

Man, oh, man. People and their stats.

I strongly advise you all to read Mike's post here:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=40682

When Martz let Fairchild do his own thing, he had the Rams averaging 21 points a game, 245 yards passing and 101 yards rushing a game. And he did it with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jamie Martin as his QBs.

So I'd say he's definitely got some skills...nice offensive balance there.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled TBD B word-a-thon.

What does knowing how much he's being paid have to do with whether he came cheap. No one knows him. Being unknown = cheap. Get with the program, Camp! Stop looking for facts and get on the Assumption Wagon with me!

583695[/snapback]

My bad :doh: Slide over, I'm comin' aboard.

We're DOOOOMED!

Unless you're behind by 30 points in the fourth quarter. Then...I dunno....maybe  you have to pass? Especially when your team sucks?

Man, oh, man. People and their stats.

583701[/snapback]

Unreal isn't it?? So I guess Martz was the "real" genius of that Rams' offense...but it was Fairchild who convinced him to pass the ball 40 times a game.

People are going mad.

Unreal isn't it??  So I guess Martz was the "real" genius of that Rams' offense...but it was Fairchild who convinced him to pass the ball 40 times a game. 

People are going mad.

583705[/snapback]

Right. So let me get this right. He's a Martz yes-man who only did what Martz wanted him to do, but is responsible for everything that Martz did wrong?

Yeah. I'm hip to that. Makes perfect sense.

If Jamie Martin and Ryan Fotzpatrick are your QBs, you need to run Faulk and Jackson.  Rely on the strength, not the weakness.  Thats been our problem...oh the last 5 friggin years on offense and I'm really sick of watching it.

583716[/snapback]

Again...not if you're losing the freaking game and playing from behind, which is exactly what you do when your 3rd string quarterback throws five freakin' picks.

Is everyone so intent on making new news BAD news that they just stop THINKING?

If Jamie Martin and Ryan Fotzpatrick are your QBs, you need to run Faulk and Jackson.  Rely on the strength, not the weakness.  Thats been our problem...oh the last 5 friggin years on offense and I'm really sick of watching it.

583716[/snapback]

I've never heard this attributed to Fairchild before. Always Martz. So calm your ass down.

Right. So let me get this right. He's a Martz yes-man who only did what Martz wanted him to do, but is responsible for everything that Martz did wrong?

Yeah. I'm hip to that. Makes perfect sense.

583710[/snapback]

Obviously he was hired to be DJ and Marv's fall-guy. :doh:

583716[/snapback]

It's the chicken and the egg theory. Does running the ball mean you'll win, or do you run when you're winning? Conversely, do you throw the ball to lose, or are you forced to throw when you're losing?

I strongly advise you all to read Mike's post here:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=40682

When Martz let Fairchild do his own thing, he had the Rams averaging 21 points a game, 245 yards passing and 101 yards rushing a game.  And he did it with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jamie Martin as his QBs.

So I'd say he's definitely got some skills...nice offensive balance there.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled TBD B word-a-thon.

583703[/snapback]

I read that post as well and it definitely gave me a better feeling about Fairchild.

WELL...since we're all creaming ourselves over stats here...here is Fairchild's offensive rankings with the Rams since he became their O-Coordinator.

2003:  3rd in the NFL in Points, 7th in Yards

2004:  19th in the NFL in Points, 6th in Yards

2005:  11th in the NFL in Points, 6th in Yards

583668[/snapback]

Not only that, but he did it under a dome at least half the time.

Maybe he'll wear an aluminum hat during the season to keep that energy going.