Offensive Coordinator Greg Olson

According to the Buffalo News, Dick will probably name Greg Olson as Offensive Coordinator.

Despite the fact that this guy comes from a losing situation with the Lions, his pedegree looks okay to me.  He's helped some kids develop.

Lions page

579438[/snapback]

no where does it say "probably". They said "could". As in Marv COULD have hired a coach with some semblence of success, but he didn't...

According to the Buffalo News, Dick will probably name Greg Olson as Offensive Coordinator.

Despite the fact that this guy comes from a losing situation with the Lions, his pedegree looks okay to me.  He's helped some kids develop.

Lions page

579438[/snapback]

How this guy could possibly be the best OC canidate out there is wayyyyy beyong me. If this happens, it won't be a surprise to me, as Ralph has made it clear that he lied to ll of us when he said money wasn't an issue, and thay he would bring the best to Buffalo.

Yeah he really helped develop the Harrington kid out in d-town.

579483[/snapback]

From PFW whispers... somebody like this guy.

Word is Greg Olson, the QB coach in Detroit under Steve Mariucci, is a very strong candidate to become the Rams' new offensive coordinator.

From PFW whispers... somebody like this guy.

Word is Greg Olson, the QB coach in Detroit under Steve Mariucci, is a very strong candidate to become the Rams' new offensive coordinator.

580521[/snapback]

One could only hope...oops, I forgot, I swore to never hope again.

not to reply to my own post, but the Lions page claims he's in his 9th NFL season, which is quite an achievement since his first year in the NFL was 2001.

579442[/snapback]

One year in Detroit is like 5 or 6 anywhere else.

Lions page

579438[/snapback]

- He failed to develop Joey Harrington into anything resembling a NFL QB

- He failed to develop Rex Grossman as he and Jauron hid the kid on the bench and he got very few practice reps

- He wasn't really in charge of "developing" Jeff Garcia as Garcia was already an accomplished NFL QB by the time Olson got to SF.

- The Success of Drew Brees at Purdue is based on Joe Tiller's Plug-n-Play BYU style offense that has seen lots of QBs have success.

- I might give him some credit for making Jon Kitna into something.

He is a below average QB coach who ran a pathetic offense in Detroit this year with a ton of weapons.

I know this is probably a really dumb question but...have any of you bothered to actually read the article??  Nowhere does it say "probably" as the author of this thread would have you believe.  It says "COULD".

580667[/snapback]

you're absolutely right. i misquoted the article, and that is my fault.