Bills have no credibility

jahnyc

Who knows how this will turn out, but I note the following:

1. Many Packer fans seem to still like and respect Sherman. On this board, many such posts to this effect were made. I noted almost no support for Jauron from any fans of the Bears or Bills fans living in Chicago.

2. Sherman head to head against Jauron was 7-1.

3. I think most fans are bitterly disappointed. After a very crappy time under TD and the bizarre resignation of MM, we needed more than the hiring of Jauron.

4. Stop with the comparisons to Belichick. I know that with Cleveland his record was well under .500. This does not mean that Jauron will have success because BB did with his second opportunity to be head coach.

5. How is Jauron going to attract quality assistant coaches and free agents? I don't see it.

Which is EXACTLY why this choice sucks. This isn't abut who is taking an 8-8 or 9-7 team to the next level - it is about piecing back together a broken organization and a furious fanbase. That is why this hire sucks.

Which is EXACTLY why this choice sucks.  This isn't abut who is taking an 8-8 or 9-7 team to the next level - it is about piecing back together a broken organization and a furious fanbase. That is why this hire sucks.

578526[/snapback]

Great point! I can not believe This is who Marv is going to hire. This shows that both Marv and Ralph are totally out of touch with the fan base. Should that matter? Yes.. fans are the customers.

Bills Suck= pissed off fans

I gave TD the benefit of the doubt for the first couple of years. But now with Marv (with no GM experience) and RW as our decision makers, the last thing we needed as fans was a move that would create new doubt in our collective minds. The current structure, RW's age, MM resigning (and not getting paid out on his contract), Modrak in Florida, RW in Detroit and Marv in Chigcago has created an unstable and weird situation.

From the perspective of the franchise, we really needed TD to be successful. He was not, and now there are significant consequences.

From the perspective of the franchise, we really needed TD to be successful.  He was not, and now there are significant consequences.

578959[/snapback]

That is the sad truth ..............Td sucks and really screwed us and himself, maybe the franchise only time will tell.....

Which is EXACTLY why this choice sucks.  This isn't abut who is taking an 8-8 or 9-7 team to the next level - it is about piecing back together a broken organization and a furious fanbase. That is why this hire sucks.

578526[/snapback]

I also do not think Jauron is a likely to ho down in history as one of the great HCs or possibly even a very good one unless the Bills pull out some Ws because they operate as a TEAM (rather than Jauron personally delivering Ws as BB and Parcells seem to do).

However, once Ralph made a decision to take the "Golden Boy" route being more involved himself and hiring his trusted buddy Marv, the biggest likely threat I see to the Bill putting up W's is that there may be too many cooks for them to produce a good broth.

I for one am quite happy they went with Jauron over Sherman because adding a former GM to the mix may well supplement Marv's great failing as a novice GM, but if Sherman were here add yet another chef to the mix and the kitchen is getting awfully crowded.

Add Modrak to the mix as our I live in FLA Asst GM and adding Sherman to the mix has all the likely potential of making the "Bickering Bills" of the past look like slumber party fun.

Sure, this problem would be solved if Sherman came in and ran the shop with his vision, but I just see no way this could happen in real life.

Marv's limitation of GM inexperience is still there. However, it looks like our best chance of winning is that Modrak really does get to instill a vision for this team from his remote perch through Marv. marv would need to emphasize doing what he did well in the early 90s of somehow orchestrated a very different bunch of personalities and views ranging from on field arguments between the players to his own clashes with Marchibroda into a winner.

Polian clearly provided a winning vision to base it on and that is missing in Marv, but if Modrak can supply that through Marv this may work.

Jauron's mission will not to be a savior (which he is not) but "merely" to be an implementer and an HC which he does have an episode of success in doing when he was NFL HC of the Year in 2001.

Jauron is not a great hire, but if all things work as they potentially could his being an adequate HC will be good enough.

I am particularly willing to invest some hope in this one because:

1. We have no choice since we have no say really.

2. The real world alternatives of hiring Sherman, loser Capers, or the unproven as even adequate HCs Lofton and Caldwell likley would have been worse.

3. Marv actually stated some good (they appear to me to be winning) features they were emphasizing in an HC:

A. A good teacher

B. Someone with a history of working well with is staff and his superiors.

C. A straight-shooter.

Jauron apparently has shown some ability in all three of these areas:

A. He actually has a rep as someone players love with Urlacher having good things to say about him as a former player who knows the game and can download that to players.

B. The chatter I here from Chicago is that Jauron has a rep of getting a long well with the front office (this will be a major issue unfortunately since Ralph is promising to meddle more)

C. Having an HC who will actually say something in post game press conferences will be a welcome change for this fan from the repetive bleating of MM we need to execute more, GW walking the plank for TD, and Wade being an idiot.

I agree that Jauron is not impressive, but I really breathed a sigh of relief when he got picked over Sherman.

Jauron´s hire is probably keeps in line with what Ralph has done in the last few years. Let´s say that Sherman was just too expensive for a HC...

Of course, fans be screwed - they don´t matter anyway...

I´ll probably not follow the Bills next season - why bother with these losers?

Too bad Ralphie didn't know Sherman personally before TD got s#it-canned, because hiring MS would have filled two glaring needs - HC and GM. I would much rather have seen MS fill those two roles himself instead of what we wake up to this morning - Jauron and Levy.

It's still pretty early in the overall process of rebuilding this franchise's respectability, but I'm thinking that Ralph's leaning on the Marv crutch right away only put Marv in the position of being "in the way" of what's best for this franchise.

Hey, I wish Jauron, Levy and The Bills well, but it's up to them to create a winner. If that doesn't happen relatively soon we will see caos like the old days and that will suck beyond belief.

578526[/snapback]

Too true. Seasone ticket sales will drop dramatically -- you can count on it. The backlash will last all off season. The media will sense this, know their readership wants blood, and really turn up the heat at the press conference.

This is the first Bills move I can remember that has caused me to (however briefly) question my loyalty to the team. OK, so I've come back to earth and realized I can never stop rooting for this team, but I am really, really upset the ownership has so blatantly taken the cheap way out while hooking up Marv's pal. Mabye that last part is what pisses me off the most. IMHO, the Bills passed on a highly-qualified coach for Marv's buddy from Chicago who also just coached in Ralph's hometown.

I have been a loyal Bills fan like most here for over 30 years. I moved to PA 15 years ago and still remained loyal even through some of the most poor decisions I believe have been made at One Bills Drive. Now we hire someone because the powers that be feel guilty for not hiring Jauron when MM was hired a few years ago. I am not sure I can or even want to suffer through any more disappointment. Like what has already been said: Who can they hire to replace all the coaches that are now gone. Poor move and I may soon be wearing the colors of black and gold. A tough decision since I have hated them for so long, but they consistently win and have done so for years. We'll see how things go! :rolleyes:

I hated the MM hire much more....I wanted Sherman....Jauron is a joke...I really can't believe this organization right now...It may be time for a new owner....not a GM or HC.

579231[/snapback]

I agree, I'm afraid the only way things will turn around for this team is with a new owner. I respect Ralph for hanging in there this long, but his decisions have been questionable the last few years.

Also, does this spell the end for the JP experiment....If Sherman was the

HC i could see him wanting to develop his QB of the future....Dick Juron

coming here with a losing record is going to be under tremendous pressure

to win on day 1.....and who is he going to have his QB....a young QB > My

bet is Kerry Collins will be visiting OBD pretty soon and will be the starting

QB on opening day...

Jauron´s hire is probably keeps in line with what Ralph has done in the last few years. Let´s say that Sherman was just too expensive for a HC...

Of course, fans be screwed - they don´t matter anyway...

I´ll probably not follow the Bills next season - why bother with these losers?

579202[/snapback]

I don't think Money was the issue.....Ralph knows that giving a 2m for

Juron rather than a 3M for Sherman is going to cost him probably a 1M anyways

in season ticket renewal etc....My bet is ML really wanted Juron to be the

guy as he is more comfortable with someone whom he has seen for 3 years

rather than a sherman whom he doesn't know much in person.

Too true. Seasone ticket sales will drop dramatically -- you can count on it. The backlash will last all off season. The media will sense this, know their readership wants blood, and really turn up the heat at the press conference.

579223[/snapback]

That is exactly the reason why I don't think this was a "money" based hire....

Guest BackInDaDay
Also, does this spell the end for the JP experiment....If Sherman was the

HC i could see him wanting to develop his QB of the future....Dick Juron

coming here with a losing record is going to be under tremendous pressure

to win on day 1.....and who is he going to have his QB....a young QB > My

bet is Kerry Collins will be visiting OBD pretty soon and will be the starting

QB on opening day...

579457[/snapback]

Be afraid... be very afraid... :D