Bills have no credibility

jahnyc

Here's an insight into Marv that you've probably already heard or read, but keep this in mind when you can't understand why he does what he does...IMO it's a fancified version of TD's "save the stamp" statement....

"Coaches really are dumb, you know. Why can't they realize that listening to sound advice is the only way to go if they want to turn their teams from one that is struggling into a Super Bowl contender? Here are just a few of the wisdom-laden insights that keen-minded critics, who can't understand our stupidity, have directed at me and so many of my coaching colleagues:

1. Change quarterbacks

2. Throw deep

3. Blitz on every down

4. Go for it on fourth down (punting is for sissies)

5. Don't be so doggone conservative

6. Fire your offensive coordinator and hire the one from my alma mater -- they won 67-12 last Saturday

7. Give a pep talk

8. Install a jazzy, "new and improved" playbook for the upcoming game

9. Make some halftime adjustments

10. Use the play that I emailed you recently

11. Trade next year's seventh-round draft pick for Daunte Culpepper and Randy Moss

Renowned 1920s journalist H.L. Mencken presented an astute response to all these quick-fix suggestions when he wrote, "There is a simple solution for every problem, and it's always wrong."

Allow me to add some of my own advice for my fellow coaches: If you start listening to the fans, you're going to wind up sitting next to them! " Marv Levy Nov. 14 2004 NFL.com

Guest BackInDaDay
That is exactly the reason why I don't think this was a "money" based hire....

579463[/snapback]

Ralph probably figures Marv can spin this into something wonderful.

Today's PC may find Ralph, Marv and Dick dressed in Barbershop quartet duds, singing "Sweet Adeline" while ripping off one-liners. Follow this with a cute skit where Marv is a ventriloquist, Dick is his dummy and Ralph is heckling from the front row. The press will love the show. You will love the show. You will buy more tickets. :D

I hated the MM hire much more....I wanted Sherman....Jauron is a joke...I really can't believe this organization right now...It may be time for a new owner....not a GM or HC.

579231[/snapback]

Exactly what ive been saying. It all starts at the top and the choice for gm was a red flag for me. Not that Marv is a bad guy he just isnt a long term, solid choice that I would have liked. Also, hiring a 80 plus rookie gm just doesnt right to me. Marv's hire was a desperate decision by a aging, incapable owner.