Christ almighty, STOP IT!

CentralVaBills

and most of you sound like John Kerry or ICE with all of your flip-flopping.

Let's see here, we had Todd Collins, and he truly sucked. We actually tried to hide him on offense. Then we had ole RJ and Flutie. RJ is self-explanatory, and Flutie was a good QB who I feel masked what the real problems of our team has. And the reason they drafted Brees and Rivers, is because he's 41 for christ's sakes. But enough about Flutie, if you didn't enjoy watching the guy play, you're an idiot. You don't have to like him, but it was exciting to see him play.

Then Drew came. Drew looked like the 2nd coming of Dan Marino in his first 7 games. So, tell me, how did he just NOT become a good QB in one weeks time? Something was wrong. He didn't just fall off the face of the Earth in the five days of practice between games 8 and where we are today.

It's the supporting cast. Travis Henry is not a superstar running back like most of you think. He's a dependable, solid runner. He's in the 14-20 range in the NFL. Doesn't say his heart isn't huge. But he's not a stud RB. A guy who averages 4.4 even behind a bad line, like say a Corey Dillon did in Cincy all those years.

IMO, and this won't be popular, but Eric Moulds is one of the most over-rated players in the NFL. He routinely takes plays off. Don't believe me, go to a game and watch him. He rarely goes up and fights for the ball. He says he wants the ball thrown at him like that, but he doesn't have the fight and gall that T-Owens, or Moss does. His routes are no where near Marvin Harrison or say Jerry Rice. Moulds is just like Henry, he's good but not a superstar. Our other wideouts suck. Period. They'd be good 4th guys in a spread formation. Plain and simple. And we don't know what Evans will become, so quit over-hyping guys by telling me how much tape you watched of him at Wisconsin. You tape watchers need to get a life. When NFL teams, college teams, or even HS teams tape games or practice, they aren't watching game produced TV tapes and their TV angles. And honestly, you have no idea what was called in the huddle, so how sure are you on what their responsibility might have been on that play itself. Sure, you can see if Mike Williams whiffed or not, but so can anyone else during the replays in the game.

The line. Well, the line is the line. It kinda stinks. No one debates this.

And, IMO, we have the WORST TE's in the league. Absolutely WORST. They have no speed, no agility, and aren't all that sure handed. They add pretty much ZERO to our offense. No threat whatsoever. And if you think about it, Drew's biggest target for year's was Ben Coates. We don't have anyone who even comes close to resembling Coates or anything similar to a playmake at TE.

Drew has drawbacks no doubt. But this offense is in dire need of a SUPERSTAR, which we don't have. We need one playmaker, IMO, and we just don't have one right now. Now, imagine how good EM or TH would really be if we had just one superstar on this team.

If you morons think Matthews or Losman would turn this team around, you are mistaken.

You tape watchers need to get a life.  When NFL teams, college teams, or even HS teams tape games or practice, they aren't watching game produced TV tapes and their TV angles.  And honestly, you have no idea what was called in the huddle, so how sure are you on what their responsibility might have been on that play itself.  Sure, you can see if Mike Williams whiffed or not, but so can anyone else during the replays in the game.

41668[/snapback]

:blink:

ahh, and there ya have it. Trying to get people to agree with you by calling them morons.

you should run for office

41672[/snapback]

Oh well, get over it, no one has any problems abshing our Bills or Bills Beat Writers or the guy at Stadium Sportswear.

And I could care less if any of you agree with me or not. But christ, it's not all one guys fault.

Drew has drawbacks no doubt.  But this offense is in dire need of a SUPERSTAR, which we don't have.  We need one playmaker, IMO, and we just don't have one right now.  Now, imagine how good EM or TH would really be if we had just one superstar on this team.

If you morons think Matthews or Losman would turn this team around, you are mistaken.

41668[/snapback]

I agree with a lot of what you said, but not this. The Patriots success flies in the face of this logic. I'm still not really sure they have any superstars (maybe A. Vinatieri?)....but they certainly didn't have any in 2001. We have a lot of talent on this team. Moulds may not be Harrison, Moss, or Owens, but he's the best we have and he's still one of the best in the league. He's dedicated to his training in the offseason, and he's a hard worker during the season. I've never once heard about him taking a play off, other than when he's been fighting through an injury.

As for Losman, you call us morons for thinking he could turn around the team, yet you site the need for a superstar.......exactly how do you know Losman will not be just that? But regardless, some of us, myself included, think there needs to be some measure of change on this team sooner rather than later.

Oh well, get over it, no one has any problems our Bills or Bills Beat Writers or the guy at Stadium Sportswear. 

And I could care less if any of you agree with me or not.  But christ, it's not all one guys fault.

41691[/snapback]

i knew what you meant. i gave ya the wink smiley!! come on!

Guest Ahr & Ahr & Associates
Who's Dylan McFarland?

41689[/snapback]

Dear Beerball,

You are engaging in line infringement. We must ask that you cease and desist from this activity immediately. Further violations could result in legal action. Thank you.

Lee Evans may be the answer or Willis McGahee........but I don't know since we don't use them.

41674[/snapback]

Understandable, but what do you think honestly.

Damn, use your head. It took Eric Moulds, what, 3 years to become a solid player. So, how much of an impact do you think Lee Evans is realistically going to have? I mean, be honest. Peerless wasn't all that great in his rookie year either, was he? So, let's take an educated guess and say Lee Evans isn't gonna be as good as the aberattion of Anquan Boldin was for the Cards last year. It rarely happens.

As for Magahee, insert his name in above, and change all WR's to RB's!

I agree with a lot of what you said, but not this. The Patriots success flies in the face of this logic. I'm still not really sure they have any superstars (maybe A. Vinatieri?)....but they certainly didn't have any in 2001.  We have a lot of talent on this team. Moulds may not be Harrison, Moss, or Owens, but he's the best we have and he's still one of the best in the league. He's dedicated to his training in the offseason, and he's a hard worker during the season. I've never once heard about him taking a play off, other than when he's been fighting through an injury.

As for Losman, you call us morons for thinking he could turn around the team, yet you site the need for a superstar.......exactly how do you know Losman will not be just that? But regardless, some of us, myself included, think there needs to be some measure of change on this team sooner rather than later.

41696[/snapback]

Pats list of Superstars.

Tom Brady

Richard Seymour

Ty Law

Willie McG.

Rodney Harrison

Vrabel

They have a lot of talent!

Understandable, but what do you think honestly.

Damn, use your head.  It took Eric Moulds, what, 3 years to become a solid player.  So, how much of an impact do you think Lee Evans is realistically going to have?  I mean, be honest.  Peerless wasn't all that great in his rookie year either, was he?  So, let's take an educated guess and say Lee Evans isn't gonna be as good as the aberattion of Anquan Boldin was for the Cards last year.  It rarely happens.

As for Magahee, insert his name in above, and change all WR's to RB's!

41701[/snapback]

Not true in the slightest. Running backs can be stars in their first year in the league. Eddie George, Jamal Lewis, Corey Dillon, Barry Sanders, Thurman Thomas..........I can keep going if you would like.

WR's are a little different. I tend to agree with you more there, but first off I want to state that I STILL don't think Peerless is very good. He's a number 2 WR. Eric Moulds is a good but not great WR like most believe here. Lee Evans could be a GREAT WR. Did you see him burn the prevent defense by 10 yards Sunday on that long pass??? They didn't even fall down, he's just that quick. If he makes on catch like that a game (60 yards or so) this team gets at least 3 more points a game. So where is he I ask???

He's sitting not even getting a chance to learn the NFL game. At least Moulds got a chance to learn on the job. That helped him out a lot in the long run.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but not this. The Patriots success flies in the face of this logic. I'm still not really sure they have any superstars (maybe A. Vinatieri?)....but they certainly didn't have any in 2001.  We have a lot of talent on this team. Moulds may not be Harrison, Moss, or Owens, but he's the best we have and he's still one of the best in the league. He's dedicated to his training in the offseason, and he's a hard worker during the season. I've never once heard about him taking a play off, other than when he's been fighting through an injury.

41696[/snapback]

Hey, great post. I agree with you. So, I'll go on the premise that Belicheck is worth alot more than our coaching staff. The Pats are unreal in terms of playing as a team. However, you could also recognize that now they have Corey Dillon who is averaging over 5.5 yards per pop, and maybe Brady is a Superstar. However, I agree with your Pats analysis.

And yes Moulds does take some plays off. And he's NOT one of the best in the league. The best in the league are Moss, Harrison, Owens, etc......Moulds is a very good player in the NFL. The thing I hate about Moulds is that when a ball isn't perfectly thrown alot of times, he won't fight the DB for it. He kinda just seems to give up on it. That doens't mean he hasn't made great catches, every WR in the NFL has, but he doesn't fight like the BEST in the league fight. The best in the league are a handful of guys, not 20 guys in their positions. Moulds isn't in the handful of guys.

And on Losman. I enjoyed watching him. But, you have to be realistic, he's a rookie. He needs some time. If we continue to struggle this year, when he comes back, I have no quarrels about letting him play the last 4 or 5 games.

I agree with about everything you said, but all of the one player bashing on a team that is void of some talent is old.

Not true in the slightest.  Running backs can be stars in their first year in the league.  Eddie George, Jamal Lewis, Corey Dillon, Barry Sanders, Thurman Thomas..........I can keep going if you would like.

WR's are a little different.  I tend to agree with you more there, but first off I want to state that I STILL don't think Peerless is very good.  He's a number 2 WR.  Eric Moulds is a good but not great WR like most believe here.  Lee Evans could be a GREAT WR.  Did you see him burn the prevent defense by 10 yards Sunday on that long pass???  They didn't even fall down, he's just that quick.  If he makes on catch like that a game (60 yards or so) this team gets at least 3 more points a game.  So where is he I ask???

He's sitting not even getting a chance to learn the NFL game.  At least Moulds got a chance to learn on the job.  That helped him out a lot in the long run.

41714[/snapback]

Exactly, RB's are a dime a dozen. IMO, it's the easiest position in the NFL to fill. However, Magahee looks slow. He scored some TD's in pre-season. Big deal. Hell, they gave him the ball at the goal line, and he scored. Ive never met a coach yet who hasn't put a superstar in the game as soon as he was ready. And that's in HS, college or pros. So, I tend to think our coaches are competent enough here to make that call at the moment. Hell, other teams players even said it. Hell, WM looked good in the last drive agaisn't the Jags. But my ligic tends to say we were going to get a drive going at some point sooner or later.

We have no idea how good Evans is. Period. He hasn't made an impact. Period. That's what we do know. Again, I've never met a coach, under pressure, who didn't play an absolute sure thing. I'm sure he's not ready.

Not true in the slightest.  Running backs can be stars in their first year in the league.  Eddie George, Jamal Lewis, Corey Dillon, Barry Sanders, Thurman Thomas..........I can keep going if you would like.

WR's are a little different.  I tend to agree with you more there, but first off I want to state that I STILL don't think Peerless is very good.  He's a number 2 WR.  Eric Moulds is a good but not great WR like most believe here.  Lee Evans could be a GREAT WR.  Did you see him burn the prevent defense by 10 yards Sunday on that long pass???  They didn't even fall down, he's just that quick.  If he makes on catch like that a game (60 yards or so) this team gets at least 3 more points a game.  So where is he I ask???

He's sitting not even getting a chance to learn the NFL game.  At least Moulds got a chance to learn on the job.  That helped him out a lot in the long run.

41714[/snapback]

And one other thing......it's only game #2. If our coaching staff thinks the team out there is going to contend, a rookie isn't going to get annointed first team status until the season looks shot for sure. Evans may get a shot later rather than sooner.

41714[/snapback]

And again, sorry BF, I keep reading more of your post. As far as RB's go. I think TT only had what, 800 yards his rookie year? Eddie George is about as over-rated as Eric Lindros is in hockey. Those other guys.....I'm not sure how they did their rookie year. But if you are looking for WM to start and gain 800 yards like Thurman, what the hell is that gonna do for us? Nothing.