buythebills.com

BradRiter

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the "players" sent me a link to this site which went live today.

buythebills.com

576823[/snapback]

Looks to me like it went live a year ago.....either that or they don't know what year it is.

Sadly...no.

Any sale of a team has to be approved by the league.  The league would not approve such a sale because it might not be in the best (read financial) interest of the league to have a team in buffalo vice Los Angeles or Vegas or wherever. 

The NFL has allowed Green bay to be a publicly owned team, but it is HIGHLY unlikely that this will be allowed for us.

576852[/snapback]

True. A more realistic option would be to have some sort of WNY triumvirate ownership with a 51% majority owner (Tom Golisano?) and two 24.5% minority owners (Jeremy Jacobs and Danny Wegman?).

I'm sure Tagliabue would approve of something like this. The Bills are still very profitable in Buffalo, there will always be other opportunities on the horizon to reach the LA market, and also I don't think the old AFL owners and small market owners would let Tagliabue get away with moving the Bills out of Buffalo if it can be avoided. The success of the small NFL markets in the North are what has made and continues to make the NFL the #1 pro sport league in America; league leadership (most of 'em) knows that.

Regarding a new downtown stadium, BAD IDEA. Renovating RWS every decade or so for three or four more decades would be a much cheaper and a much more viable option to Erie County. And a dome?! Unreal. Late-season football and playoff football is played in the elements. Our team needs to suck it up and learn how to play in Buffalo weather. That includes those guys from "THE U."

i'm guessing the 1 billion dollar goal is a bit much.  To purchase the team, chances are they'd need about three to four hundred million which is tough, but attainable.  I disapprove with the idea of building a new stadium as RWS was a great stadium.  I've been to Giants stadium and RWS as well as the toilent bowl (olympic stadium) in montreal. 

Personally, i got to see the expos leave Montreal to go to some BS city that will most likely fail in the long run, and I don't wanna see another of my favorite teams move, especially not for LA.  If it were to happen, I'd have to declare myself a neutral fan.

576879[/snapback]

My plan got blown out of the water earlier this year when I didn't win the Powerball lottery, but the good news is i have just been informed that I have won a lottery I didn't even enter in Great Britain, between that and some Iraqui woman that chose me (of all people) to help her claim her inheritance, I will be approaching Ralph and the family with an offer soon.

What's wrong with Orchard Park ? I like our stadium. 

576910[/snapback]

It should have been built in Batavia. But then, I grew up in Pembroke and Akron...

Seriously, Batavia would have been great for Rochester and Syracuse...

The other place that might be better is Niagara Falls. Last time I was going through there, there was plenty of real estate... It would also be more Superbowl capable than Buffalo, OP, or Batavia...

They had the idea for awhile........

Domain Name: BUYTHEBILLS.COM

Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.

Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com

Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com

Name Server: NS63.WORLDNIC.COM

Name Server: NS64.WORLDNIC.COM

Updated Date: 26-dec-2005

Creation Date: 23-nov-2003

Expiration Date: 23-nov-2006

Sadly...no.

Any sale of a team has to be approved by the league.  The league would not approve such a sale because it might not be in the best (read financial) interest of the league to have a team in buffalo vice Los Angeles or Vegas or wherever. 

The NFL has allowed Green bay to be a publicly owned team, but it is HIGHLY unlikely that this will be allowed for us.

576852[/snapback]

I understand the Green Bay deal is a grandfather type issue and the NFL no longer permits publicly owned teams. It's a very exclusive Boys Club and that's how they end up with many of the inbred idiots that own the teams. :blink:

if this isnt a joke, then these three are in a complete fantasy land. Completely absurd.

what exactly qualifies them? because they are just like daniel snyder?(if we ignore the fact that snyder is worth over $700 mil, but I guess this is just a minor detail)

I like the concept but you need to bring more to the table than just creating a website.

This has to be a joke.

True. A more realistic option would be to have some sort of WNY triumvirate ownership with a 51% majority owner (Tom Golisano?) and two 24.5% minority owners (Jeremy Jacobs and Danny Wegman?).

I'm sure Tagliabue would approve of something like this. The Bills are still very profitable in Buffalo, there will always be other opportunities on the horizon to reach the LA market, and also I don't think the old AFL owners and small market owners would let Tagliabue get away with moving the Bills out of Buffalo if it can be avoided. The success of the small NFL markets in the North are what has made and continues to make the NFL the #1 pro sport league in America; league leadership (most of 'em) knows that.

Regarding a new downtown stadium, BAD IDEA. Renovating RWS every decade or so for three or four more decades would be a much cheaper and a much more viable option to Erie County. And a dome?! Unreal. Late-season football and playoff football is played in the elements. Our team needs to suck it up and learn how to play in Buffalo weather. That includes those guys from "THE U."

577066[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more with your take. There are some billionaires in the area. Take advantage of it. I would guess Jacobs wouldn't cry too much about selling the Broonz away to some local New England magnate if he could land a Buffalo team. NOT that I think Jacobs would be the kind of owner I would like to see, but he is pretty loyal to Buffalo. He gave Bettman an earful and a half with the Sabres problems a few years back.... ie don't move the team or else.

I also like the idea of making Richie Rich Stadium stand the test of time. :blink: Renovate the Eff out of that Effer. The new Rockpile. We don't need one of these new stadiums. So many of them look the same. Keep our classic old, oval-shaped, football-only stadium going.

:lol:

Maybe somebody could help me out with this: I read the Web site very quickly and noticed that one of the components of the plan called for "the players," namely a wet-behind-the-ears insurance agent and two other unidentified parties, to control 15% of the stock of the proposed corporation. Given that the proposed IPO calls for 10 million shares to be issued at a price of $100 per share, that indicates that either (1) these guys have, collectively, a cool $150 million stashed in the freezer; or (2) the above-quoted numbers are a bit askew and they somehow expect to control 15% of a billion dollar corporation in exchange for proposing this idea.

The idea of a community-owned team, or at least a team controlled by a corporation funded largely by non-voting stockholders is interesting. This idea, however, is a pipe dream (and that's putting it politely).

One more tip for the players: Unless you're worried about potential criminal liability, EC District Attorney Frank Clark probably has no interest in this scheme.

More proof its atlanta

http://www.citiscapes-art.com/cities2/atlanta.htm

For arguments sake..here is philadelphia

http://www.citiscapes-art.com/cities2/philadelphia.htm

and here is what they SHOULD have used

http://www.citiscapes-art.com/cities2/buffalo.htm

577352[/snapback]

Good sights.

When I was a kid I was so impressed with the Buffalo skyline - and I think that's before Marine Midland Tower went up. What a joke of a skyline. There are all of about 6 skyscarpers and they're mostly empty or have ridiculously low lease fees!!!

All the businesses are now spread out throughout Amherst and other suburbs.

Columbus, by no means a huge metropolis, puts the Buffalo skyline to shame.

And yeah, that picture from buythebills looks like Atlanta from about 10-15 years ago.

For something like this to work, you would need a group of investors to provide over 50%-70% of the capital. Golisano, someone in the Wilson family, and probably 1-2 others. You could realistically offer up the remaining, but no way the fans could come up with the 80% of the billion need to buy Buffalo.