Guy who commited Suicide at the Falls

AKC

Stephen Ducket, a guy I met when he bought a bar in my hometown of Wellsville apparently gave a tourist some notes of paper and then took a dive into the Niagra just above the Falls, apparently in the past week.

Funny thing about this guy is that first of all Wellsville is a big-time Bill's town and he bought the only real young to middle-age crowd bar in town where you aren't taking your life in your hands eating off their silverware. It had been the center of Bill's football activity for many years. This guy buys the bar maybe 16 years ago and tears down every reference to Buffalo and of all things covers the walls with Cowboy gear.

Since then what were previously the biggest business days of the cold months turned into this guy sitting alone in his bar with the TVs all playing the Cowboys games.

Apparently it's enough to literally send you over the edge.

Stephen Ducket, a guy I met when he bought a bar in my hometown of Wellsville apparently gave a tourist some notes of paper and then took a dive into the Niagra just above the Falls, apparently in the past wek.

Funny thing about this guy is that first of all Wellsville is a big-time Bill's town and he bought the only real young to middle-age crowd bar in town where you aren't taking your life in your hands eating off their silverware. It had been the center of Bill's football activity for many years. This guy buys the bar maybe 16 years ago and tears down every reference to Buffalo and of all things covers the walls with Cowboy gear.

Since then what were previously the biggest business days of the cold months turned into this guy sitting alone in his bar with the TVs all playing the Cowboys games.

576009[/snapback]

Sacriliedge ? What was he thinking when he changed it into a Dallas Cowboys bar ?

576009[/snapback]

Bledsoe was the last straw. B-)

why would he buy a bar here and not in texas , must be his wife was a bills fan ????

576018[/snapback]

Don't know, but I live in Cowboys country, around the block from me is a place called Billy's, which shows the Packers every Sunday, on all screens, except for one that plays behind the bar, showing whatever the local affiliate shows.

Right down the road from that, about 2 miles, is another Packers only bar, and another 3 miles is another Cajun food resteraunt/bat taht shows only the Saints. All three of these places pack them in on Sundays...

There is still another bar that was owned by a couple, the guy is from Buffalo, the woman is from Dallas. It is called the "Hole In the Wall", and when you went in there, you would see old vintage Bills, Braves and Sabres stuff hanging on the walls, amongst the Cowboys crap....the year the two teams met in the Super Bowl, and the year that the Sabres played the Stars, they did all of these "local flavor" stories about this feuding couples....the damn woman had the last word every friggin' time......... B-)

why would he buy a bar here and not in texas , must be his wife was a bills fan ????

576018[/snapback]

His wife was a local who was indifferent to football. She also seemed to be the more financially aware of the two yet even when I explained to her why her football season business had been reduced to a small fraction of it's former glory she just said something like "do you really think so?"

Guest BackInDaDay
Stephen Ducket, a guy I met when he bought a bar in my hometown of Wellsville apparently gave a tourist some notes of paper and then took a dive into the Niagra just above the Falls, apparently in the past wek.

576009[/snapback]

It's tales such as these that make me miss Warren Zevon. B-)

576009[/snapback]

He became a Cowpokes fan and went insane .... How is this news?

What an idiot. I'm sorry he commited suicide, but he was not a smart business man. In Dallas, you have a lot of transplants that will fill the bars for the Packers and Bills. We have them here in San Francisco, the Northstar is like that. That is actually smart business. I doubt there are many Dallas transplants in Wellsville. RIP you moron.

I doubt there are many Dallas transplants in Wellsville. RIP you moron.

576337[/snapback]

There may not be any in that limited gene pool of 5000. Ducket was originally from Salamanca.

There may not be any in that limited gene pool of 5000. Ducket was  originally from Salamanca.

576546[/snapback]

If he moved from Salamanca to Allegheny Co. to improve himself the guy had more problems than the Buffalo Bills. <_<

If he moved from Salamanca to Allegheny Co. to improve himself the guy had more problems than the Buffalo Bills.  <_<

576636[/snapback]

Give 'em their due- it's the best deer hunting in New York State.

Give 'em their due- it's the best deer hunting in New York State.

576665[/snapback]

And Black Bear.... Actually I send all my relatives Cuba Cheese for birthdays, and attend the Balloon rally every year, and used to go to Friendship for holidays to see my uncle. Allegheny Co. is beautiful (but could still use a full time dentist <_< )

And Black Bear.... Actually I send all my relatives Cuba Cheese for birthdays, and attend  the Balloon rally every year, and used to go to Friendship for holidays to see my uncle.  Allegheny Co. is beautiful (but could still use a full time dentist  <_<  )

576745[/snapback]

I've got a 5 lb. brick of Cuba Extra Sharp in the fridge- and you can ask Bob Lamb about the goodies in the Cuba Cheese "Entertainer" gift box!

Relatives in Friendship, Bolivar and Richburg. I live now in "Wellsville, California", a mountain town of about 3000 north of LA by an hour. I actually just shoveled some snow (to get to the hot tub) and black bear raid the garbage cans with some frequency. Just like "home" ;-)

I was at the falls a few years back on the day some joker went over the Canadian side, on his back, hands behind his head, and he swam to shore and walked away. Apparently drank a lot of vodka that morning. I took pictures. Canada told him not to come back.

Go Bills!