WGR Reporting ML for Jauron and RW for Sherman

drhockey

Now listen here you young whippersnapper........too funny...

Loser also has to give up his cue for life....or his life for a cue--one of those two..

The one thing I don't get here is that if this is true it means Ralph actually wants to spend $3 M a year on a coach and Marv is telling him no....I got one thing to say...Shut the hell up Marv...

575993[/snapback]

That's the funny thing about all of this. RW got his way with MM leaving and eating $3 million of his contract. Then, Sherman gets canned in GB and still has two years left on his deal, which pays him about $3.2 mil per year. The deal is that the Bills can pay him anything under that and GB makes up the difference.

So, essentially the Bills could pay him $1.5-2.0 the first couple of years and Sherman will still get his $3.2 as GB ponies up the remainder.

It makes too much sense, which is the scary part. That is where they usually screw up.

That's the funny thing about all of this.  RW got his way with MM leaving and eating $3 million of his contract.  Then, Sherman gets canned in GB and still has two years left on his deal, which pays him about $3.2 mil per year.  The deal is that the Bills can pay him anything under that and GB makes up the difference. 

So, essentially the Bills could pay him $1.5-2.0 the first couple of years and Sherman will still get his $3.2 as GB ponies up the remainder.

It makes too much sense, which is the scary part.  That is where they usually screw up.

576010[/snapback]

Take it a step further--say its a five year deal...a new owner may be picking up the last years of the contract...Ralph gets Sherman at zero cost to Ralph...

The thing about WGR's recent reports is that they've all been coming from Jeff Morrison, former Bills beat guy at WNSA.  He probably still has the same contacts and sources.

576053[/snapback]

Good point. He never seemed to go off the deep end, at least when I saw his reports on Empire. Who knows what he's like now - Schopp used to supposedly be good while at WNSA before he turned into a total jagoff after joining WGR.

The thing about WGR's recent reports is that they've all been coming from Jeff Morrison, former Bills beat guy at WNSA.  He probably still has the same contacts and sources.

576053[/snapback]

Yeah, well Simon and Schopp sounded more intelligent on WNSA too. I beleive "the suits" control the content on WGR, and they want controversy. Morrison hasn't been hitting too many home runs lately B-)

PTR

Ralph, remember that you own the team. Hire Sherman. He is the clear cut choice among those reportedly interviewed.

This should be a no brainer.

576037[/snapback]

That's like chopping off Marv's testes before he wield his power at OBD. How this got out is very bad news.

PS, I'm for Sherman.

How is this such a horrible situation.

The owner of the team and GM are disagreeing (not gonna say the are fighting cause know one knows for sure) over the 2 top canadates the bills brought in to hire as a head coach.

Would everyone prefer that they both be disagreeing on hiring Lofton and Jim Kelly as the new head coach? or Martz and Capers?

One of the choices is a former coach of the year (while coaching the bears) and the other was a coach with a winning record who was canned cause his team was seriously injury depleted this year.

I would like to see either coach for atleast one year before I start making judgements on weither they are good or not. (or atleast see what they do in the offseason and preseason) Heck even if they were to hire an inexperienced co-ordinator, I will atleast trust their decission until I atleast see what the coach can do.

That's the funny thing about all of this.  RW got his way with MM leaving and eating $3 million of his contract.  Then, Sherman gets canned in GB and still has two years left on his deal, which pays him about $3.2 mil per year.  The deal is that the Bills can pay him anything under that and GB makes up the difference. 

It makes too much sense, which is the scary part.  That is where they usually screw up.

576010[/snapback]

There an unwritten rule in the NFL which basically states, don't screw me over, or I'll screw you over.

If he was being signed as an OC, it would be different.

If The Bills pick Sherman, they'll ante up the 3.25 million per year because otherwise, GB will be looking for a way to stick it to the Bills.

Funny thing is last time around it was reported that Ralph like Jauron, and TD like Mularkey. TD ended up talking Ralph into hiring Mularkey. Now this. GO WITH YOUR GUT RALPH!!!!! Connect the dots....Marv like Dick because they are buddies from Chicago, TD liked Mularkey cause they were buddies from Pittsburgh. CAN WE PLEASE GET AWAY FROM THE BUDDY NETWORK and just hire the best guy for the job.

EDIT: My bad. I did not realize that the catalyst for the rumor was WGR. With all that has happened to this organization over the past couple of weeks, they had better be darn sure that their source is 100% correct or this is just some seriously careless reporting.

Consider the source!  WGR couldn't get the time of day from anyone at OBD!  They make up 50% of what they report as news!

PTR

576034[/snapback]

That was while TD was there. He's not there any more. Just something to think about...

Isn't it hard to listen to the station in NE?

576162[/snapback]

I get back often enough to hear their crap.

That was while TD was there. He's not there any more. Just something to think about...

576247[/snapback]

Like I said earlier, WGR seems to me like they are more interested in embarressing the Bills than covering them. And I think that philosophy comes from above because controversey generates interest. Consider how many times WGR reports very controversial things (like Levy and Wilson being at odds over who the new HC will be) and yet no other media outlet reports the same thing? That ought to tell you something.

Remember that the Sabres used to get the same treatment before 'GR started carrying their games.

PTR