What would it take to get Jets #4 pick

1billsfan

I know this is pure fantasy, but I'd really like to have both Williams/DE and NGata/DT on our team in 2006. Possibly putting McGahee, Clements and/or the 2006/2007's draft picks on the block, what would the Jets take for their #4 pick? They don't have a lot of cap money so there may be a chance they're willing to deal it away.

If they'd take it I'd seriously consider giving them McGahee, our 2nd round pick and one of our 3rds. I'd even consider throwing in a pick or two next year.

After this I'd try to get Priest Holmes from KC for Nate Clements (sign and trade).

BTW, I know this won't happen. I just remember what that Cornellious Bennett trade did to this team, I'm looking for something like that this offseason.

I know this is pure fantasy, but I'd really like to have both Williams/DE and NGata/DT on our team in 2006. Possibly putting McGahee, Clements and/or the 2006/2007's draft picks on the block, what would the Jets take for their #4 pick? They don't have a lot of cap money so there may be a chance they're willing to deal it away.

If they'd take it I'd seriously consider giving them McGahee, our 2nd round pick and one of our 3rds. I'd even consider throwing in a pick or two next year.

After this I'd try to get Priest Holmes from KC for Nate Clements (sign and trade).

BTW, I know this won't happen. I just remember what that Cornellious Bennett trade did to this team, I'm looking for something like that this offseason.

575457[/snapback]

The 4th pick overall? It would take a whole helluva lot. McGahee, Clements, a 2nd, a 3rd, and a 1st next year might be enough. But it's just not worth it.

While McGahee and Clements are quality players, you have to realize that not only would you have to convince them that the trade is worth it; but to pick up their contracts as well.

And Priest? He's one injury away from a wheelchair. He should simply retire.

575457[/snapback]

Well, like you say, it's fantasy and if you can't have fun speculating about sports stuff, it isn't worth watching.

Myself, I'd like to see the Jets pony up LB Vilma somehow... :devil:

Well, like you say, it's fantasy and if you can't have fun speculating about sports stuff, it isn't worth watching.

Myself, I'd like to see the Jets pony up LB Vilma somehow... :devil:

575538[/snapback]

Imo (and I'm probably gonna get flamed for this) think that Vilma isn't a top flight linebacker. I've watched every Bills vs. Jets game and I just don't get why all the hype. He never does anything great against us, is it all the other games he plays? I think Cowart was better than him. I just don't get it. Maybe it's cause he's from the U?

Imo (and I'm probably gonna get flamed for this) think that Vilma isn't a top flight linebacker.  I've watched every Bills vs. Jets game and I just don't get why all the hype.  He never does anything great against us, is it all the other games he plays?  I think Cowart was better than him.  I just don't get it.  Maybe it's cause he's from the U?

575544[/snapback]

McGahee absolutely chits on Vilma. Willis' best games in his short career have come against the Jets.

575457[/snapback]

You're crazy, But...

If your goal is to get Mario and Ngata, what I would do is target the 5th pick, because the Jests will take Da Brick. They've invested to many 1sts in DE's recently. That'll make it easier to trade since it will be out of division. But GB may be complicated if we hire Sherman, becuase there might be bad blood - we don't know. I think if we could trade Clements for a first, and package it with a second and third, we may be able to get it. Then, if possible, drop a few picks before selecting Ngata and grab back a third. Mario and Ngata would be sweet.

Imo (and I'm probably gonna get flamed for this) think that Vilma isn't a top flight linebacker.  I've watched every Bills vs. Jets game and I just don't get why all the hype.  He never does anything great against us, is it all the other games he plays?  I think Cowart was better than him.  I just don't get it.  Maybe it's cause he's from the U?

575544[/snapback]

He doesn't get sacks, but he led the NFL in solo tackles last year. 124 solo tackles (169 with assists) means he's directly involved in stopping the dude with the ball in roughly ten plays a game. I'd say that's pretty good, without even factoring in all the unmeasurable stuff.

Then again, the Jets were almost dead last against the run last year. Hell, I don't know.

i'm not sure we would do all that well with the fourth pick, unless perhaps we were able to get Ferguson. I don't see anything we could offer the Jets that would make them totally give up their first round pick without even a trade down to 8. McGahee isn't all that attractive at the moment (no offense meant and maybe WM will be great next year, but he wasn't pro-bowl material this year) Nate is coming off a mediocre year. I think we would do better staying where we are or trading down for an extra second rounder if the opportunity arises. I think a trade down, perhaps with Dallas so they can get Jay Cutler, might be the more likely scenario.

You might be right. It's pretty easy to evaluate a Miami graduate. Just order up a delivery pizza and a UM grad shows up at your door. ;)

575627[/snapback]

Surely you jest, a Miami graduate? Is there such a thing for a player in their football program?

BTW I'm a Cain fan, but A Miami graduate..... :devil::lol::doh::lol:

575544[/snapback]

I agree, a lot of his hype came from the fact he's another lb from the U, and was compared a lot of times to Ray Lewis. Vilma was/is a good fit for a herm edwards cover 2 defense. Not overly big, but plenty fast, can cover a lot of ground quickly. Good in space, so he'll make plenty of tackles, and fast enough to drop back into coverage. He's a good lb, but a tad bit overhyped. DJ Williams imo who came out the same year is a guy who I'd much rather build a defense around. I also think Dan Morgan from the carolina panthers another U Allum is a better lb then Vilma, if only morgan could manage to stay healthy.

1st one of the two teams would have to move to a different division.  NE only made the Bledsoe trade because they knew they were screwing over TD.

575772[/snapback]

TD didn't get screwed on that pick. The first rounder he gave up was for the following seasons' draft. Our qb at that time was Alex Van Pelt. Drew came in and the Bills won 5 more games in their first season.

C'mon Harv. :devil:

575457[/snapback]

The scariest comment you made was trading for Holmes. His career is just about done.