Why would anyone expect Jauron....

Dr. K

...to produce any better results than Mularkey did? It's a mystery to me. His big winning season with the Bears was a result of horseshoes falling out of their butts in half the games. The rest of his record offers nothing over what we've seen in the last five years.

The Bears had horrible personnel. They had no offensive weapons, their defense didn't have the players that they have now. Jauron did what he could with that talent. People once thought Bellichick sucked after his stint with Cleveland. If Marv thinks he'd be a good coach, I wouldn't mind seeing him come to Buffalo.

...to produce any better results than Mularkey did?  It's a mystery to me.  His big winning season with the Bears was a result of horseshoes falling out of their butts in half the games.  The rest of his record offers nothing over what we've seen in the last five years.

572309[/snapback]

Jauron is my first choice. Levy watched him for years when he was with the Bears so he knows what kind coach he is. Going 13-3 with the talent they gave him in Chicago is amazing. Shane Matthews, for crying out loud, was his starting QB for a while.

Jauron is my first choice. Levy watched him for years when he was with the Bears so he knows what kind coach he is. Going 13-3 with the talent they gave him in Chicago is amazing. Shane Matthews, for crying out loud, was his starting QB for a while.

572439[/snapback]

One good season (with a playoff CHOKE job) does not a good coach make.

Now its the "oh, he was lucky" talk to spin around the issue of whay Jouron has done. Amazing.

ALL this talk could have been applied to one Bill Belichick after his stint in Cleveland. All of it.

Maybe if Jouron wore a headband you folks would like him more.

Now its the "oh, he was lucky" talk to spin around the issue of whay Jouron has done. Amazing.

ALL this talk could have been applied to one Bill Belichick after his stint in Cleveland. All of it.

572443[/snapback]

Nobody said he was done. Only that one good season doesn't mean he's a lock more than anyone else to get the job done.

572443[/snapback]

Belichick is proof that sometimes our little failures help us grow into big successes.

Of course, sometimes our little failures preface us growing into even bigger failures as well. Who knows how Jauron would turn out.

I wasn't excited about either Sherman or Jauron until I asked Hub Arkush (Pro Football Weekly) about them and now I'm OK, good even, with either one of them.  If you have the time, listen to what he had to say.

http://eod.liquidviewer.com/wgr-od/wgr/20060117_Hub.wma

572504[/snapback]

Hey a couple of weeks ago.. Maybe it was last week. They had a lil skit called Levy almost killed by the Bulldog. Then they went back and changed the name to Bulldog almost hurts Marv Levy. What's that all about? Are they bored or just can't come up with decent, original material. That's lame. And I'm sure they lost some fans with pulling crap like this. If you have'nt heard it listen to this.....

Audio

Hey a couple of weeks ago..  Maybe it was last week.  They had a lil skit called Levy almost killed by the Bulldog.  Then they went back and changed the name to Bulldog almost hurts Marv Levy.  What's that all about?  Are they bored or just can't come up with decent, original material.  That's lame.  And I'm sure they lost some fans with pulling crap like this.  If you have'nt heard it listen to this.....

Audio

572581[/snapback]

wtf....you need to retire for the year

I guess we ought to reserve judgment until we know more.  At least I will back off on this.

573247[/snapback]

Good to hear. Especially if Jauron is hired, there's nothing worse than not believing in the new Head Coach.

I think Jauron is an interesting choice. Yes, the Bears got a ton of breaks in their 13-3 year - but every NFL team gets some breaks during the year. So maybe with some different bounces the Bears lose the Browns and 49ers games. That's still 11-5... with a roster that really should have been 4-12. On offense they had Jim Miller and Anthony Thomas - two guys who very quickly became NFL backups, and their only WR was Marty Booker, with a bunch of nobodies lining up on the other side of the field. Their TE's were probably the biggest collection of no-names since the Bills lined up Lonnie Johnson, Rob Coons, and Tony Cline. Yes, the defense carried this team, but their defensive roster doesn't exactly evince evidence of being loaded with great players. Looking closer at the Bears personnel during the Jauron era, the Bears look like they had some really weak drafts during that time. In his first year, they drafted Cade McNown in the 1st Round - one of the worst 1st Round QB's ever, and their second rounder, Russell Davis, was off the team after just one season. The 2000 draft was a winner with Urlacher and Mike Brown, but by 2001 they were drafting the likes of David Terrell and Marc Colombo, both first round busts. So, while Jauron definitely has fewer playoff seasons and wins than Mike Sherman, Jauron seems to have been operating with significantly less talent at his disposal - the difference between Brett Favre and Ahman Green vs. Jim Miller and Anthony Thomas.

And 13-3 is still 13-3.... that's the best record Marv Levy ever achieved with the Bills. Its also worth noting that before the 2001 season, the Bears' GM resigned. The new GM, Angelo, wanted to get rid of Jauron, but couldn't after the 13-3 season, but took the opportunity to do so after subsequebt 4-12 and 7-9 seasons. While some people talk about Jauron being upset in the playoffs by a solid Philadelphia Eagles team, the truth of the matter is that coaches with tons of playoff wins generally aren't available.

JDG