So Mangini,Peyton,Kubiak,Mooch,Childress,McCarthy

....to fight over Sherman, Haslett, Fassell, Jauron, Grimm, Capers and Saunders.

I'm still committed to Sherman over Haslett but I really think only Sherman would have the ability to pull in the quality assistants we need to right the ship quickly.

God I hope RW isn't going to try to do this hire on the cheap.

....to fight over Sherman, Haslett, Fassell, Jauron, Grimm, Capers and Saunders.

I'm still committed to Sherman over Haslett but I really think only Sherman would have the ability to pull in the quality assistants we need to right the ship quickly.

God I hope RW isn't going to try to do this hire on the cheap.

570493[/snapback]

Saunders out of that group. Definitly saunders.

1. Saunders

2. Haslett

3. Fasell

4. Grimm

5. Jauron

6. Sherman

7. Capers

Thats my order of prefrence. Saunders knows more about offense then any of them. I wouldn't underestimate his ability to bring in quality assistants either. I'm sure Saunders is well connected around the league via Dick Vermeil. I'd also trust saunders more then anyone about improving this oline. He knows that system needs good linemen.

Has Saunders ever won a SB as an assistant?  I really think there's something to hiring guys who have won SB's as coordinators.  That would make Kubiak the best choice, but he's going to Houston.

570560[/snapback]

Yes. He was the Rams WR coach when they won the Super Bowl.

Mariucci does not want to coach right now.  Payton is supposed to being close to being offered the NO job...CD

570580[/snapback]

The Bills reportedly have an interview with Payton scheduled. I would sure as hell think he'd rather come to Buffalo over the super instablitly in New Orleans.

The Bills reportedly have an interview with Payton scheduled. I would sure as hell think he'd rather come to Buffalo over the super instablitly in New Orleans.

570584[/snapback]

Yes, because the situation in Buffalo is stability, defined. :D

Yes, because the situation in Buffalo is stability, defined.  :D

570593[/snapback]

Point taken. But there is no other team in the league (except maybe the Lions) that is in a more unsure state. No one knows where the team will play or even practice next season. No one knows to which city they will belong. Etc, etc, etc.

Point taken. But there is no other team in the league (except maybe the Lions) that is in a more unsure state. No one knows where the team will play or even practice next season. No one knows to which city they will belong. Etc, etc, etc.

570606[/snapback]

I know, man. Just bustin' your chops.

Saunders out of that group. Definitly saunders.

1. Saunders

2. Haslett

3. Fasell

4. Grimm

5. Jauron

6. Sherman

7. Capers

Thats my order of prefrence.   Saunders knows more about offense then any of them.  I wouldn't underestimate his ability to bring in quality assistants either.  I'm sure Saunders is well connected around the league via Dick Vermeil. I'd also trust saunders more then anyone about improving this oline. He knows that system needs good linemen.

570498[/snapback]

I dunno - it's tough to say how good Saunders was with Vermeil there in KC. I know he was the head guy in San Diego for a while and a friend I repsect very much out there says he's a decent X's & O's guy but pretty bad at everything else.

You'd also have to think there's a reason KC wanted no part of him even though Vermeil campaigned for him.

In any case I don't think I'll lose sleep over missing out on Childress & McCarthy. Why is Peyton off the board?

I didn't know where else to post this, but I just read on ESPN that Mangini wants to hire Mike Sheppard as his OC and the Raiders DC? Sounds good to me - the Jets already have 2 good assistants in Henderson & Hemreindinger and apparantly they're not getting retained

What no love for Mike Singletary?

570661[/snapback]

I for one wouldn't mind seeing Singletary come in here, I prefer him to many of the other names being bounced around.

I wouldn't mind seeing Saunders, I remember back in the 80's as HC of the Chargers, he took them on a very nice little run & seemed to handle the job pretty well... anyone know why he got canned there?