Shame on you if your missing your Sabres!!

Catching these Sabres games is great fun.  It's just too bad they are getting very little publicity, even in the Hockey News.  But if they keep this up, everyone will have to pay attention; they won't, hopefully, have a choice.

570443[/snapback]

That WILL soon change.

Still 4 points behind the Sens though...and a long road-game streak will test how good this team really is.

Dont get me wrong, I'm a huge Sabres fan and love what they've done...but there is still a LOT of season left to be played. If they can come back from the Olympic break and still play hot like this...they are going to storm the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Catching these Sabres games is great fun.  It's just too bad they are getting very little publicity, even in the Hockey News.  But if they keep this up, everyone will have to pay attention; they won't, hopefully, have a choice.

570443[/snapback]

Who cares? Everyone in Buffalo loves this team, and is getting behind them. Do I care if John Buccigross and Barry Melrose are talking about them? Do I care what hockey fans in Chicago and Calgary think of the Sabres? HELL NO! We all know they have a good team...And trust me, every coach and every player in the NHL knows they have a good team. I like where they are, and wouldn't mind seeing them enter the playoffs as the #4 or 5 seed. The top seeds have the hype, but they also have all the pressure. With the way Buffalo plays on the road, they won't be scared of not having home-ice against any team in the playoffs.

By the way, entering tonight's games, Carolina was the best team in the NHL. I haven't heard chit about them either, so don't worry about the Sabres. Watching this Sabres team night in and night out, they really grow on you and you appreciate how truly underrated they are. But for a casual, out-of-town hockey fan, in this Sportscenter highlight era, there truthfully is not much that would catch your eye if you only watch them once or twice. Just a bunch of better-than-average-but-not-incredible players outworking the other team, and winning with timely goal scoring and excellent goaltending. (BTW, the 'not incredible' comment does NOT include Miller- he is unbelievable.)

.  Watching this Sabres team night in and night out, they really grow on you and you appreciate how truly underrated they are.  But for a casual, out-of-town hockey fan, in this Sportscenter highlight era, there truthfully is not much that would catch your eye if you only watch them once or twice.  Just a bunch of better-than-average-but-not-incredible players outworking the other team, and winning with timely goal scoring and excellent goaltending.  (BTW, the 'not incredible' comment does NOT include Miller- he is unbelievable.)

570454[/snapback]

The guys on FOX Sports, tonight, called the Sabres the best "team" in hockey right now, and compared them to the New Englans Patriots...went on to praise Lindy Ruff and Darcy Regier...

The guys on FOX Sports, tonight, called the Sabres the best "team" in hockey right now, and compared them to the New Englans Patriots...went on to praise Lindy Ruff and Darcy Regier...

570469[/snapback]

They're good but cmon. Did they drink a bit too much Kool Aid?

I know thinks with the Bills is dramatic right now

BUT THE SABRES ARE REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

COULD BE THE BEST TEAM IN HOCKEY

When this team is healthy, they could be better which is SCARY!

nhl ticket is now only 100 bucks!

570433[/snapback]

I didn't miss them, and I got 3 hours of sleep because of it. I'm not complaining, but if they lost I woulnd't only be dead tired at work today. I would be pissed. Good thing I'm not. Let's not get ahead of ourselves with the whole "best team in hockey" label. Right now they aren't even the best team in their division, and until they can stay within 5 goals of Ottawa they won't be in my book.

COULD BE THE BEST TEAM IN HOCKEY

570433[/snapback]

Holy hyperboles, Batman! First the 2005 Bills are the worst team in franchise history, and now the 2006 Sabres are the best team in hockey?! NavyBF, settle down :D .

Right now, the Sabres are only the 4th best team in the Eastern Conference. If they keep this up, and if they finally trade Biron and/or Noronen for some help, then we can start talking 2nd round of the playoffs. Anything above and beyond that will probably require figuring out how to stop the Senators.

570443[/snapback]

Timmy was on the cover of the December 20th issue, Briere scoring on Turco was the inside cover photo of the December 27th issue and that issue has a small bit on Doug Bodger and President Clinton attending the Sabres game on 12/14, and McKee taking a shot is the inside cover photo of the January 17 issue. The January 3 issue has a cover article on Marty Biron and also has Darcy Regier listed as 1 of the top 100 most influential people in hockey.

How much more Sabres focus does THN need to have before they are giving the Sabres publicity?