JP needs a line

mattypro89

for next year the real key is gonna be the lines. both on offense and defense. weve got losman, good arm and a real good young talent. weve also got willis. when he said he was one of the best backs in the league he may have been right. but with this crap of an o-line to block for him we couldnt get anything done. we saw his explosivness late in the season when henry got hurt last year or before that can't remember. plus weve got lee evans, rosco parish, and josh reed. all three are stong players that can make plays for JP. the key to next years success is picking up a couple free agent linemen and LETTING JP PLAY! holcom just doesnt have the arm to be a starter. this was really apparent when he threw 5 interceptions against the jets. he is a true back up. playing him as a starter to "try to win now" was a mistake that set the team back another year. doh.gif

Hey Johnny Two Posts, I have a bulletin for ya:

Nobody knows if JP is going to be the next Jake Plummer or the next Ryan Leaf. You don't know what he needs. If anyone knows what he needs, it's Sam Wyche, and apparently Sam doesn't know if he'll be the next Jake Plummer or the next Ryan Leaf. As an armchair GM, you have some work to do.

FWIW, I think Jake Plummer's level is JP's ceiling. If I had to bet, I'd say that's the best he can be. Which is good enough to win, mind you. But the younger crowd among us who are so geeked about JP and think he's the next Elway with the proper support system...please.

Let's see him complete HALF of his attempts before we ascribe to the kid anything resembling honors.

Terrell Davis said it best tonight on the NFL Network....he said the Championship level QB's can make plays when breakdowns happen....because breakdowns ALWAYS happen in the NFL even on the best of clubs. As for JP, he has such a long way to go it's scary. Other than some set rollouts, he has not shown me that he can make any plays when the line breaks down.

Terrell Davis said it best tonight on the NFL Network....he said the Championship level QB's can make plays when breakdowns happen....because breakdowns ALWAYS happen in the NFL even on the best of clubs.    As for JP, he has such a long way to go it's scary.  Other than some set rollouts, he has not shown me that he can make any plays when the line breaks down.

570243[/snapback]

well, that is a tad off the mark. If anything, it is the complete opposite. JP has struggled while in the pocket, but has made plays on the run with his arm and his feet nearly every game.

for next year the real key is gonna be the lines. both on offense and defense. weve got losman, good arm and a real good young talent. weve also got willis. when he said he was one of the best backs in the league he may have been right. but with this crap of an o-line to block for him we couldnt get anything done. we saw his explosivness late in the season when henry got hurt last year or before that can't remember. plus weve got lee evans, rosco parish, and josh reed. all three are stong players that can make plays for JP. the key to next years success is picking up a couple free agent linemen and LETTING JP PLAY! holcom just doesnt have the arm to be a starter. this was really apparent when he threw 5 interceptions against the jets. he is a true back up. playing him as a starter to "try to win now" was a mistake that set the team back another year. doh.gif

570145[/snapback]

Welcome to the forum, matty!

It looks like a good draft for OL's this April - hopefully they will pick up some decent talent to bring into camp.

i see your sceptics point. he hasnt yet shown many glimpses of greatness by a long shot. But look at what happened to manning in the first quarter against the steelers. no line and he completed barely more than half his passes. so dont throw him out just yet. give him a descent line this year, let him play the entire time, and see what happens. its not like weve got anything to lose!

Terrell Davis said it best tonight on the NFL Network....he said the Championship level QB's can make plays when breakdowns happen....because breakdowns ALWAYS happen in the NFL even on the best of clubs.    As for JP, he has such a long way to go it's scary.  Other than some set rollouts, he has not shown me that he can make any plays when the line breaks down.

570243[/snapback]

TD pass Josh Reed dropped versus San Diego ring a bell?

Keep on pretending you know...

:D