Need corroboration - Saunders Bills' Top Choice?

A friend claims John Clayton called Al Saunders the Bills' top choice today on ESPN News... I've seen nor heard nothing to substantiate... Can anyone else confirm or deny?

569119[/snapback]

i would LOVE to have saunders be hc. but that would make too much sense for this organization..

Saunders is the favorite for the Oakland job. Buffalo has not even contacted him. Stay tuned. SportsExtra is on WGRZ and Sunday SportsFinal is on WKBW at 11:30pm here. Will have a full update at 12am.

569202[/snapback]

There is no such thing as front runners, and locks in Oakland.

A little information about Al Saunders from the Chiefs website.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/coach/al_saunders/

He's been a longtime NFL assistant, a former NFL HC, won a Super Bowl in St.Louis as WR coach, and has run a very successful offense in KC for five years now. Seems like he'd be a great choice.

Of course, I'm sure the Bills have no interest in hiring him. As someone else said, it makes too much sense.

A friend claims John Clayton called Al Saunders the Bills' top choice today on ESPN News... I've seen nor heard nothing to substantiate... Can anyone else confirm or deny?

569119[/snapback]

Looking at his bio, he's pushing 60 years old. It wouldn't surprise me if Marv tries to hire a not-so-young coach to make a statement against ageism.

Looking at his bio, he's pushing 60 years old.  It wouldn't surprise me if Marv tries to hire a not-so-young coach to make a statement against ageism.

569244[/snapback]

Vermeil really was adamant about Saunders replacing him.

There is no such thing as front runners, and locks in Oakland.

569214[/snapback]

I would have to say that the one organization that a coach would choose Buffalo over with the current state of affairs is Oakland. They have been through several coaches, and Al Davis is a knucklehead. I wouldn't mind if Saunder's had to choose between Buffalo and Oakland.

I would have to say that the one organization that a coach would choose Buffalo over with the current state of affairs is Oakland.  They have been through several coaches, and Al Davis is a knucklehead.  I wouldn't mind if Saunder's had to choose between Buffalo and Oakland.

569264[/snapback]

Cool, he knows about both kind of "footballs" - he's from London, England. Some innovative offensive formations on tap, I think. Hire him.

Seriously, I like this guy. Seems like the second coming of Marv...only younger..

Charles

569119[/snapback]

i haven't heard one way or another.....but if Al Saunders needs a Tony Gonazalez quality TE to run his offense, he better reconsider.