Hey AKC...You Were Balls-On Accurate About Brady

IDBillzFan

Yes. I would love to continue this today, however I have to leave because I'm taking my family to see the new Disney/Pixar movie: The Gullibles.

Christ, it's like shooting fish in a barrel sometimes.

568084[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

Smile at the hidden camera everyone !

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, I think Peyton gets more credit for reading defenses because of the auidible thing, but from what I've seen Brady can read D's just as well if not better.  I'll never claim to be an Xs and Os football scientist, but based on the games I've watched, Brady's been just as adept at finding holes in defenses as Manning is.

568624[/snapback]

That's because with Peyton you know HE is calling the play based on the D he sees. Brady is getting the play from the bench (or upstairs) and his COACH is reading the D. Of course, what he does after that is on him...and he does it quite nicely, i agree.

Seriously. Everything you've accused Brady of came incredibly true last night.

I know a lot of people like to suck Brady off and say how they'd give their right arm to have Brady as our QB, but you have held true to your convictions and in the end, no one was more right about Brady and his "legendary playmakeability" as you have been this year.

Good call.

567898[/snapback]

the guy has 3 superbowls, REPEAT 3. I hate brady as much as any bills fan but don't gimme that BS.

While he has been the QB for the Pats, they have not made the playoffs one year out of how many?

Once again the stupidity of this comment is laughable and displays how little people know about football.

Arm strength, Manning wins hands down.

Accuracy, it's a toss-up in short-to-medium range passes.  Long passes it's Manning hands down

Clutch/Intangiles Manning...although this is and pocket poise are where Brady comes closest.

Poise in the Pocket, pretty close

Reading defenses, not close by a long shot.  Manning may be the best ever.  He calls the plays at the line, for Christ's sake.  He's always reading the D.

568352[/snapback]

You claim Manning has the edgein clutch/intangibles?!? Sorry, when was the last time Peyton won a big game?

the guy has 3 superbowls, REPEAT 3.  I hate brady as much as any bills fan but don't gimme that BS. 

While he has been the QB for the Pats, they have not made the playoffs one year out of how many? 

Once again the stupidity of this comment is laughable and displays how little people know about football.

568865[/snapback]

OMFG......... :lol:

Bruschi is 10-1. Seymour is 10-1. Bellyache is 10-1. So I can say THE PATRIOTS are 10-1 in the playoffs. Brady just happens to play for them. They could win those games without Brady.

567930[/snapback]

really, well isn't the QB the MOST IMPORTANT POSITION according to most people who follow football?

on another note, well i guess troy aikman, steve young and other great qb's were not really that good because of the players surrounding them.

but hey what do i know?

really, well isn't the QB the MOST IMPORTANT POSITION according to most people who follow football?

on another note, well i guess troy aikman, steve young and other great qb's were not really that good because of the players surrounding them.

but hey what do i know?

568871[/snapback]

Dude....it's a joke quit making yourself look even more gullable.

Great players don't play great in every single game they play. This is the NFL. Brady played just "ok" last night and was partially at fault for the loss. It took me a long time to acknowledge the guy but he stands in there til the last moment and makes plays as well as any QB's out there today.

That's because with Peyton you know HE is calling the play based on the D he sees.  Brady is getting the play from the bench (or upstairs) and his COACH is reading the D.  Of course, what he does after that is on him...and he does it quite nicely, i agree.

568851[/snapback]

I might be way off on this, I have no idea, but isn't Tom Brady calling the plays for New England's offense?

It's either him or Belichick, because they have no official offensive coordinator according to the team website: http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=coaches

It's all semantics. Who cares. Bottom line: Brady comes up big when it matters. He engineers game winning drives when they are most needed. He has shown over and over again that he is clutch in some of the most important games.

Manning has yet to show that. He's lucky that wasn't an INT in the final drive against Pitt. Perhaps Manning will show that... but until then, Brady has the slight edge.

I might be way off on this, I have no idea, but isn't Tom Brady calling the plays for New England's offense?

It's either him or Belichick, because they have no official offensive coordinator according to the team website: http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=coaches

569053[/snapback]

The rowers keep on rowing and they show no signs of slowing...............  :w00t:  :angry:

568919[/snapback]

This thread is a perfect example of why people need to Read More, Post Less (RMPL). Well after LA stated that this thread was a joke, you still have people whining. :angry:

Classic.

:D

I thought Brady played a pretty good game. His WR's seem to drop some key passes at key times during the game.

Brady is 10-1 in the playoffs,what else can you say?

567927[/snapback]

Not really...Brady actually had an awful game....He overthrew and underthrew

his receivers...Credit should go to the Denver Broncos front 7 for putting

the pressure and confusing the hell out of brady...

Brady had an off game....5 turnovers in the game will bite you in the

end...especially like the kickoff return muff giving the ball at your onw

25 in a playoff game will cost you a game....

I know the premise of this thread started out as a joke, however it can't be ignored that Brady played a very pedestrian game. But that should have come as no surprise because the Pats went 4-7 against teams with winning records this year.

The final score of that game doesn't tell the whole story. The only TD that Brady threw for Saturday came when there was 8:00 left and they were down 24 to 6. Realistically, those points came in garbage time. When it really had to get done...when they actually had a chance to put some meaningfull points on the board...he threw a pick in the end zone. But he was 20 for 36 with 341 yards you say. It's a meaningless stat.

When faced with playing a team with a winning record on the road in the playoffs Mr. Spectacular couldn't get it done. Yes, his RBs fumbled the ball. Yes, Troy Brown fumbled the ball. But his INT in the endzone and the 99 yard return off that INT in the endzone was the single biggest play of the game.

Manning may have the better arm, but Brady is the better overall package.

Everything in your post was fine up until the quote above.

It's stuff like that that provokes the AKCs of the world.  That's just flat-out nonsense, IMO.

568323[/snapback]

So you prefer Manning's package over Brady?