To live in Boston... and be @ a sports bar

BILLS02138

Just imagine if Norwood hit that field goal, Bill would have won by 2.  I guess when you win by two, it doesn't really count.  :(

567799[/snapback]

No it doesn't... I would have taken it though...

Humility is a virtue and often builds character. In all honesty, I wonder which is really gains better notoriety... Being the BEST team never to win multiple SB's (Buff) or the WORST team to win multiple SB's (NE).

That one kick wouldn't have changed anything, except a ring, given the scope of the other three loses.

Not if the refs gift-wrap it for you.

567800[/snapback]

Exactly.

It is nice to be NE... I understand why they feel disrespected pulling things out by the foot of AV and the refs.

Such a double edge sword? All these years we endured blow-out bowls...Wishing that there would be close games... The blow-outs do have one positive... They leave no doubt who the dominant team is and what they accomplished. After close games, the vanquished must feel like they lost split-decisions.

You've got to be kidding me, right? That somehow the Pats are overrated because they won their Super Bowls by field goals and because "the refs gave it to them?" You people are the epitome of denial.

I live in Boston, and hate Pats fans. They're as obnoxious and stupid as Red Sox fans. However, I know greatness when I see it, respect the hell out of the Pats as a team, and love watching them play. Belicheck is an amazing coach, Brady is already a Hall of Fame quarterback, they are the most resiliant team I've ever seen when you consider the laundry list of injuries they seem to have every damn season, and the Pats run the last four seasons is nothing short of historic. You don't win three Super Bowls in four years because you're lucky or because the refs help you out. The Pats make their own breaks. Everything that comes their way is the result of exceptional preparation and (generally) flawless execution. It pains me to say it, but our beloved Bills are a commmunity college program by comparison.

You may not like the fact they own the Bills, or that their QB is a Sexiest Man Alive candidate, or that their coach plays more mind games than... well... someone who plays a lot of mind games, but they are the premier franchise in the NFL. Everyone, including our beloved Bills, is doing all they can to emulate what they're doing down in Foxboro.

Just imagine if Norwood hit that field goal, Bill would have won by 2.  I guess when you win by two, it doesn't really count.  :(

567799[/snapback]

Yeah, I had the same thought. A win is a win. It's not technically "more win" if the score is higher! I'd have taken any one of the four by a point and been just as happy as a win by two TD's. Who cares how much they won by? They WON!

Should I wear my Orange Crush t-shirt to work this week, or would that be a bit too much?  :(

567865[/snapback]

Go for it, GW!

Man, I am so looking forward to living amongst these idiots today. As in years past, they already awarded themselves a Super Bowl appearance and win.

They're a good team, but let's not go overboard. Nobody in the AFC East challenged them this year, and they were far from unbeatable. They were seeded lower than Denver, playing at Denver and underdogs yesterday, yet the spin this morning (even by that national media - not just the local Boston press) is that this was a stunning upset. Give me a *&%! break! Denver was supposed to win and they did. Can the world stop the collective butt kissing of the Pats now?

WHAAAA!!!! The Refs Screwed the Patsies!!!!

You'll also enjoy the post by NCPatsFan:

We also get the Bills twice, the Jets twice, Houston, Det, GB, Tenn.....

Thats 8 wins just for showing up...

567825[/snapback]

Never mind that he's right. We're their doormat. And we will be for a decade as far as I can see.

Never mind that he's right. We're their doormat. And we will be for a decade as far as I can see.

567872[/snapback]

Joe, can't you sense that the planets have realigned? The reality of it hit me when Viniateri (sp?) missed a gimme field goal, and when the refs made no move to help Marcia and Company get back in the game.

I'm not saying we'll beat the Patsies twice, but I think we WILL beat them at home next season. The Jets can easily beat them at least once, too. And "given" wins against the Packers and Titans... just for "showing up???" Especially after their coaches get cherry-picked by other teams? The former World Champs will struggle to be 8-8, trust me.

The Patriettes' run of dominance is over. Only the hubris remains.