ESPN, others overreacting.

They should've canned Mularkey last week along with the rest of Donahoe's crew.

I think Ralph did well by waiting, he saved 3 million bucks by having MM resign.

Time to move forward, we've got plenty of talent, a great guy in Marv, and solid position in the draft. Cap room, too.

Hear hear.

I bet the Texans are pissed they ended up with Gary Kubiak now that Mularkey is on the open market...

566374[/snapback]

Bob Kraft is probably trying to figure out how he can get him to be HC of the Pats. :pirate:

I think Ralph did well by waiting, he saved 3 million bucks by having MM resign.

Time to move forward, we've got plenty of talent, a great guy in Marv, and solid position in the draft.  Cap room, too.

Hear hear.

566371[/snapback]

The speculation comes from the lack of consistency. For example, Ralph's "absolutely not", followed by Marv's "maybe." Ralph's "Mike is staying", followed by Mike's "I'm leaving." If all of this had happened in a matter-of-fact way, there would be no second guessing.

Bob Kraft is probably trying to figure out how he can get him to be HC of the Pats. :doh:

566379[/snapback]

I bet we could've traded him straight up for Belichick. Dammit, too late now...

:pirate:

The question I'm asking is will MM ever get another shot anywhere?

566431[/snapback]

Yes. Theres a sucker born every minute. Why I dont know. But I'm thinking Arena League Football would be a great place for him and his trick plays.

566371[/snapback]

Your first sentence is why people are "overreacting." Nobody disagrees with getting rid of Mularkey. It's the way it was done.

Who cares if Ralph saved money? He cost the team credibility and class. He should've just fired him straight out and honored the stupid contract rather than waffling on the decision, stripping him of his decisions and manipulating him into resigning.

Your first sentence is why people are "overreacting."  Nobody disagrees with getting rid of Mularkey.  It's the way it was done.

Who cares if Ralph saved money? He cost the team credibility and class. He should've just fired him straight out and honored the stupid contract rather than waffling on the decision, stripping him of his decisions and manipulating him into resigning.

566440[/snapback]

Poppycock. In pro sports people have short memories and "credibility and class" are all about winning. When was the last time you heard someone refer to the 'class' of perennially bad team?