MM ...I'm not disappointed in his departure

MRM33064

Unless MM got some kind of completely sudden, drastic family or health news between last week and this week, he's embarrassed Ralph, Marv, and the entire organization with this bizarre conduct.

I'm pleased that he's no longer our coach, but what an awful thing to do. To be part of a huge news conference, agree to things, and one week later throw everyone under the bus ... and make them hold an embarrssing news conference like this. Terrible.

Don't think that other NFL owners aren't watching.

Unless there's something we don't know here that's really bad and sudden, MM screwed up and showed some real lack of character ... which is really surprising. I thought he was a lousy gameday coach, but he sure seemed like a stand-up guy.

Unless there's something we don't know here that's really bad and sudden, MM screwed up and showed some real lack of character ... which is really surprising.  I thought he was a lousy gameday coach, but he sure seemed like a stand-up guy.

565212[/snapback]

don't forget that this is the same guy who declared "I like tough guys" when he was introduced as head coach of the Bills. Now, when faced with adversity and criticism, he showed his toughness by quitting and running.

I won't miss him.

don't forget that this is the same guy who declared "I like tough guys" when he was introduced as head coach of the Bills.  Now, when faced with adversity and criticism, he showed his toughness by quitting and running.

I won't miss him.

565254[/snapback]

explains why his team was mentally soft

Unreal. The whole thing makes me ill.

What a horrible display. Again, unless something sudden and new happened between last week and this week, this kind of thing is completely inexcusable.

Ralph and Marv have been around the league a long time, and have made a lot of friends. By the way, that's Marv "HALL OF FAME" Levy.

I can't believe that a lot of NFL insiders are happy to see MM behave like a little punk and try to make Ralph and Marv look like bumbling idiots.

Awful.

Unless MM got some kind of completely sudden, drastic family or health news between last week and this week, he's embarrassed Ralph, Marv, and the entire organization with this bizarre conduct.

I'm pleased that he's no longer our coach, but what an awful thing to do.  To be part of a huge news conference, agree to things, and one week later throw everyone under the bus ... and make them hold an embarrssing news conference like this.  Terrible.

Unless there's something we don't know here that's really bad and sudden, MM screwed up and showed some real lack of character ... which is really surprising.  I thought he was a lousy gameday coach, but he sure seemed like a stand-up guy.

565212[/snapback]

Well-said. My sentiments exactly. If Marv puts this team on the right track, MM will look pretty silly for this. It seems like he doesn't want to be associated with an organization that is the talk of the league. He is disassociating himself with the Bills because he thinks it is the popular thing to do, and will win him credits with the rest of the league. If this is the case, it is a profound miscalculation on MM's part. On the other hand, maybe there are other issue here.

I cannot express how much I AGREE with this.....

MM could have done this last week and nobody would have thought anything of it.....it was just a change in regime....

But no....he had to wait....recieve a vote of confidence from Ralph...and then embarris him AND THE BILLS by quitting this week....

I just hope that he was not paid.....and I hope they dont allow him back in the Ralph to even get his red stapler off of his desk.

All of a sudden the problems with Sam Adams and Eric Moulds become a lot more clear.......MM is a fricken punk and the players knew it.

Well-said.  My sentiments exactly.  If Marv puts this team on the right track, MM will look pretty silly for this.  It seems like he doesn't want to be associated with an organization that is the talk of the league.  He is disassociating himself with the Bills because he thinks it is the popular thing to do, and will win him credits with the rest of the league.  If this is the case, it is a profound miscalculation on MM's part.  On the other hand, maybe there are other issue here.

565306[/snapback]

Marv must have asked him, "Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?", to which Mularkey replied, "Duh, I don't know... but not in Buffalo!"

Good riddance! I'm glad the franchise doesn't have to deal with the Mularkey joke anymore. <_<

"If it's too tough for him, it's just right for US!!!"

I wouldn't be surprised if he was retained last week because Marv thought he could salvage MM. But after having spent some serious time looking at film and talking to players, etc., Marv decided that it would be best to go in a different direction.

Then he and Ralph "asked" MM to resign.

I cannot express how much I AGREE with this.....

MM could have done this last week and nobody would have thought anything of it.....it was just a change in regime....

But no....he had to wait....recieve a vote of confidence from Ralph...and then embarris him AND THE BILLS by quitting this week....

I just hope that he was not paid.....and I hope they dont allow him back in the Ralph to even get his red stapler off of his desk.

All of a sudden the problems with Sam Adams and Eric Moulds become a lot more clear.......MM is a fricken punk and the players knew it.

565362[/snapback]

This is so funny guys.

The man who hires him gets fired.

His owner is 87.

His new GM is a 80 year old coaching legend.

He is 14-18.

He was just told he HAD to fire several assistants to keep his job. Probably a few friends.

He has just spent a week hearing laughter when he calls potential offensive and defensive coordinator prospects. Seriously. Who will take a job that could be a 1 year only job. Mularkey was on thin ice. 1 more bad year and you are gone. Ask yourself this. Would you uproot your family for a 1 year and then maybe job? No. Neither will any assistant with a family.

You are the second or third lowest paid coach and a coach that makes less money than some coordinators.

Your family is now tired of all of the negative talk about his job performance.

So guys why is this hard to believe? Why is this even the least bit surprising?

Surprising that he quit or was fired? Absolutely not.

Surprising that he quit after he participated in a vote-of-confidence press conference with Ralph and Hall-Of-Famer Marv Levy? AFTER he agreed to fire all of his friends? AFTER he got on the podium? Yes. Surprising.

The timing is not only horrible for Ralph, Marv and the team, but it looks bad for MM. MM could've saved some face and took the Wade ("I won't fire my friends") route. But no. He agreed to coach. He agreed to make the moves.

Now, it's "oops, nevermind guys, I changed my mind." Come on.

Unless he had some sudden, tragic family or personal news, there's no excuse for this timing. Unprofessional at best, spineless at worst.

Buffalo isn't exactly a hardball town. If he can't take a dig from Jerry Sullivan or Leo Roth, good luck trying to work in NY, California, or down here in Miami.

Surprising that he quit or was fired? Absolutely not.

Surprising that he quit after he participated in a vote-of-confidence press conference with Ralph and Hall-Of-Famer Marv Levy? AFTER he agreed to fire all of his friends?  AFTER he got on the podium? Yes.  Surprising.

The timing is not only horrible for Ralph, Marv and the team, but it looks bad for MM.  MM could've saved some face and took the Wade ("I won't fire my friends") route.  But no.  He agreed to coach.  He agreed to make the moves.

Now, it's "oops, nevermind guys, I changed my mind."  Come on.

Unless he had some sudden, tragic family or personal news, there's no excuse for this timing.    Unprofessional at best, spineless at worst.

Buffalo isn't exactly a hardball town.  If he can't take a dig from Jerry Sullivan or Leo Roth, good luck trying to work in NY, California, or down here in Miami.

565399[/snapback]

The guy thought he could convince assistants to come to Buffalo. He tried for a week. Everyone says no way jose and then what? If you cant get anyone good to be your coordinators you are doomed as people like to say. Better to walk away than to go 1-15 as a third year coach and NEVER get another chance.

565212[/snapback]

Ralph waffling on his "vote of confidence" wasn't embarassing at all. Neither was forcing him to fire his assistants and make it clear that he would have little say in the future hiring of assistants. It also wasn't embarassing that Mularkey's friend, confidant and the man who hired him, Donahoe, was canned.

Yeah, this is Mularkey's fault. <_<

Ralph waffling on his "vote of confidence" wasn't embarassing at all. Neither was forcing him to fire his assistants and make it clear that he would have little say in the future hiring of assistants. It also wasn't embarassing that Mularkey's friend, confidant and the man who hired him, Donahoe, was canned.

Yeah, this is Mularkey's fault.  <_<

565419[/snapback]

then why not quit last week?

I don't know, you could also view it as someone who has a lot of guts to walk away from all that money because he didn't like the direction the team was going in. Not sure his walking away would hurt him with other owners as much as his limited sucess here would.

I'm pleased that he's no longer our coach, but what an awful thing to do.  To be part of a huge news conference, agree to things, and one week later throw everyone under the bus ... and make them hold an embarrssing news conference like this.  Terrible.

565212[/snapback]

I don't know, you could also view it as someone who has a lot of guts to walk away from all that money because he didn't like the direction the team was going in.  Not sure his walking away would hurt him with other owners as much as his limited sucess here would.

565463[/snapback]

I'll bet he gets a lot of interviews for head coaching positions this offseason. :w00t: