Mularkey out. Haslett in?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be in the minority, but I'd be okay with Haslett as the new HC.  He has been saddled with an idiot for an owner(Benson) and was put in an unwinnable situation by having to play 16 road games this year.  I say give him a chance.

563954[/snapback]

I agree. Anyone who can even get close to the playoffs with Aaron Brooks as thier QB is not a bad coach.

Coaches in their 2nd stint as HC usually have greater success.

563962[/snapback]

Every year the Saints are noted as being one of the most talented teams in the NFL and Haslett has consistently gone nowhere.... This is not good news if he signs on.... B-)

Every year the Saints are noted as being one of the most talented teams in the NFL and Haslett has consistently gone nowhere.... This is not good news if he signs on.... B-)

563977[/snapback]

While I don't really want Haslett and think he did a bad job in NO, I've never heard that. Where is all this talent outside Deuce McAllister and a 34 year old Joe Horn?

I may be in the minority, but I'd be okay with Haslett as the new HC.  He has been saddled with an idiot for an owner(Benson) and was put in an unwinnable situation by having to play 16 road games this year.  I say give him a chance.

563954[/snapback]

I'm also OK with Has, though I'd rather have Tressel...

I think Haslett will be re-energized in Buffalo...I think, like him or not, he's a Bills Fan...So that makes him OK in My Book...

Of coarse I imagine OJ is still a Bills Fan too... B-)

If we bring Haslett in, that would go a long way toward removing the pit that's been in my stomach for the last however many weeks. I just feel Haslett would toughen up some of these pussies and get us back to focusing on what a cold weather, blue collar team should be.

563954[/snapback]

I'll jump on the Haslett bandwagon too... not my first choice, but much, much better than MM.

While I don't really want Haslett and think he did a bad job in NO, I've never heard that. Where is all this talent outside Deuce McAllister and a 34 year old Joe Horn?

563980[/snapback]

Look at their D-line: Darren Howard, Charles Grant, Will Smith and Jonathan Sullivan. Looking on the O they also have Donte' Stallworth (a WR taken 13th overall just like a WR we have by the name of Evans).

Look at their D-line: Darren Howard, Charles Grant, Will Smith and Jonathan Sullivan. Looking on the O they also have Donte' Stallworth (a WR taken 13th overall just like a WR we have by the name of Evans).

Sullivan has been a bust. Howard and Grant are good. Smith is up and down. Outside of them, they don't have a lot except for McAllister, Horn, and Bentley. And this year they had 16 road games.

563954[/snapback]

I know Haz wanted the job before MM was hired, but Benson wouldn't let him out of his contract. RW likes to reach back to guys from his past, so it looks like a pretty good possibility...

Jim will have to show me something to make me excited, however. I've been underwhelmed by his HC career to date.

Sullivan has been a bust.  Howard and Grant are good.  Smith is up and down.  Outside of them, they don't have a lot except for McAllister, Horn, and Bentley.  And this year they had 16 road games.

564014[/snapback]

I'll give him a small reprive for this year but what's their excuse for finishing around .500 the previous years?

"Most talented teams in the NFL?"  Hardly!

563982[/snapback]

There seems to be a lot of people who point to NO as being talented, but no one seems to be able to single out that talent. Fact is tha they had 5 pro bowlers in 2000 and that has dropped each year to 1 resereve this year. No is clearly in decline and not due to coaching.