MOULDS TO EAGLES FOR OWENS

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The one thing I would interject into the personnel department that I would push very hard is picking players with high character," Levy added. "Don't confuse personality with character. Ability without character will lose. The Buffalo Bills are going to be a team of high character, that's something I will push for very hard."'

Here's what you completely ignore in your pithy little argument. The nanosecond T.O. has a good game for the Bills, and the cameras are in his face once a again, the a**hole in him will re-emerge. He will want a new contract, he will want to be traded out of Buffalo, he will start calling out his teamates...in oher words, he'll turn back into T.O.

And the Bills will be right where the Ravens and Eagles found themselves with that guy. A nightmare in the locker room and a public relations disaster. Guys like Terrell Ownes don't change....ever.

In related question: when you see people jumping off a bridge, do you get in line?

PTR

This is the most ridiculous idea i've seen around here...well, ever.

"Makes a great deal of sense " -- no, it makes NO sense

"Has a good chance of happening" -- Just like california breaking off and falling into the ocean? Sorry, but you're a dumbass if you think it will happen. Are you confident enough to put some $$$ on it ?

- eagles think Moulds will fit in well with their mid-passing range system, that emphasises yards-after-catch;

--> HAHA...did u talk to Andy Reid and he told u this krap?  Moulds had the lowest yds per catch in 2005, and the # of plays for him >20yds was only 5, which is another major dropoff from his waning numbers. 

- Owens and Moulds are the same age, both turning 33 this year;

--> Why would the Eagles want an old WR that is not anything close to the player that TO is?  They would want a younger player that could develop into something. 

- Eagles like Moulds reputation for working with young receivers like Lee Evans;

..> again, andy reid told u this? You could make exactly the same argument for Rod Smith of denver, Donald Driver, and a boatload of other WRs over 30 that are better than Moulds.  He's done a great job with Josh Reed, don't u think?

- Bills, with the 29th ranked offense, have everything to gain and nothing to lose signing Owens to an incentives-laden contract;

--> nothing to lose except the locker room and what little team chemistry might be left

562705[/snapback]

moulds gets mad one time and now he is a troublemaker

you people are pathetic LOL :P

562968[/snapback]

find Chris Brown's article(broncos week, I believe) on Moulds in Bills Digest.. this was not the first time Moulds pitched a fit during a game...

I don't think Marv had a say in Bruce Smith being a Bill. He was drafted in '85 and Marv came aboard as HC in '86.

563180[/snapback]

if marv gets in the way of the bills landing the league's most dominant WR then he should be fired immediately. irony is this is just the bold kind of move that donahue would have pulled off and when his style would have paid off he's now gone. gimme TO and his mouth any day over Josh Reed the "team player"

owens evans and parish would be a pretty good combo for the deep ball.

jp would toss 30+ with that cast, but obviously it could tear up the team.

i'd like to see moulds play like he did the second half of the year (including against carolina with jp passing to him).

That would be one way to get back at T.O. - Probably would quit football and start lifting weights in his yard full-time.......None of these players want to play in Buffalo......They want to be in Atlanta.

Makes a great deal of sense and has a good chance of happening. Here's some of the reasons why:

- not only do eagles not want to trade TO to a team within their division, that don't want to trade him within the NFC conference. this reduces the list to AFC teams-only;

- eagles think Moulds will fit in well with their mid-passing range system, that emphasises yards-after-catch;

- Eagles like Moulds reputation for working with young receivers like Lee Evans;

- Bills, with the 29th ranked offense, have everything to gain and nothing to lose signing Owens to an incentives-laden contract;

- Bills feel they need a bigger receiver to round out their receiving corps which is made up mostly of receivers under 6 feet;

- Bills are one of the few teams Owen's agent Drew Rosenhaus has a good relationship with, having made Willis McGahee (i.e. one of Rosenhaus's clients) a 1st-round pick when other teams had passed on him;

- Rosenhaus recently asked permission from the Eagles to seek a trade for Owens. Eagles granted permission, demonstrating they are looking to get something for Owens.

562705[/snapback]

moulds gets mad one time and now he is a troublemaker

you people are pathetic LOL :blink:

562968[/snapback]

i never said moulds was a trouble maker, just that the bills have soured on him, which is true. TO will make who ever replaces Mularkey very happy to have the league's most dominant WR on the team.

Makes a great deal of sense and has a good chance of happening. Here's some of the reasons why:

- not only do eagles not want to trade TO to a team within their division, that don't want to trade him within the NFC conference. this reduces the list to AFC teams-only;

- Bills feel they need a bigger receiver to round out their receiving corps which is made up mostly of receivers under 6 feet;

- Bills are one of the few teams Owen's agent Drew Rosenhaus has a good relationship with, having made Willis McGahee (i.e. one of Rosenhaus's clients) a 1st-round pick when other teams had passed on him;

- Rosenhaus recently asked permission from the Eagles to seek a trade for Owens. Eagles granted permission, demonstrating they are looking to get something for Owens.

562705[/snapback]

NO way I want that loon on this team!

That would be one way to get back at T.O. - Probably would quit football and start lifting weights in his yard full-time.......None of these players want to play in Buffalo......They want to be in Atlanta.

563341[/snapback]

He couldn't do that hear all year...snow and all

562705[/snapback]

If I were you I'd bet all my worldly possessions on this trade taking place. It's in the bag...really!

yes it does.  consider 2 more factors:

- Bills have soured on Moulds;

- Owens would be better off with a small-market team where the media is less intrusive and there are fewer distractions over all.

562713[/snapback]

You been smokin with Ricky? :(