I would expect some player cuts to come.

PIZ

Consider this passage from his book about when, during a visit to his office shortly after his retirement, he began looking at the photos on the hallway walls: "Those faces that stared back at me ... were a testament to the commitment that (former Bills GMs) Bill Polian, John (Butler), and I had made when we resolved to bring only men with solid character onto our team. There wasn't a 'look-at-me' showboat among them. There were no choreographed end-zone dancers who thought they were cute but really weren't. In fact, I don't recall seeing even one backward-baseball-cap-wearer up there. I never saw or heard any of our players indulge in degrading displays of blatant self-aggrandizement. All I saw were men who, if they wanted to brag, would have been justified in boasting, 'I came to play.' "

NFL.com

Nate Clements, Fletcher, McGahee, etc.....

Wasnt it Nate Odoms who walked around on the field with the big joker hat on? It was one of our DB's.

Endzone dancing and showboating is the norm now, even the classy guys do it, Hines Ward and so on. Its part of the changing game.

This team doesnt actually show boat much. Willis does his dance sometimes, but most of the time he runs and jumps in the crowd, which I like. Our WR's dont dance. Schobel doesnt dance.

The only one that has any type of choreographed dance is Spikes, and he is our leader, soooooooo......

Times have changed, the game has changed...

560208[/snapback]

I would disagree with this statement. The game has not changed. Times have, and as a result people think things are different. But the way you win in teh NFL is the same way you've always won - you get players of character that care more about winning as a team than they do personal gains.

Look no further than the Patriots and you'll see they're built on the dame foundations as all the great teams, including the early 90 Bills; and that's why they're consistent winners. And that, I think, is what Marv is talking about. And that, I think, is exactly what this team needs more than anything. Once we have that attitude in place then we worry about talent.

NFL.com

Nate Clements, Fletcher, McGahee, etc.....

560204[/snapback]

London Fletcher is completely team-oriented. His emotions get the better of him at times, but there's no question he wants to win, period. And he has heart. This is the kind of guy you build a high-character defense around.

Clements can go. I've done a 180 on him. Compare and contrast Terrence McGee.

McGahee, I think, is misunderstood, and the victim of a poor offensive gameplan and OL. The only time he showboats is after he scores, and it really looks to me like he's just trying to have fun. I think he wants to win and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt -- at least until his jackass agent starts things up.