Herm Edwards, new KC HC!

Reaaallly?

Because I heard the NFL Countdown crew just last week talking about how the Jets were clearly going to fire Edwards and he would more than likely make his way to KC. I think about halfway through this season it was pretty apparent he was gone. I think the Jets just tried to downplay everything in order to snooker a draft pick out of KC. It worked.

But I dont think there was a chance in hell that the Jets were seriously considering keeping Edwards if they couldnt work out a trade with KC. That would have been like if we kept Williams for a 4th season, the fans would have turned into the proverbial angry mob. Jets fans definitely were hating on Edwards big time this season.

Um ESPN also said that Marv was not going to be a GM but a consultant.

They have almost zero credibility with me now. According to the NY papers....Herm was going to stay on. All the Jets fans I know wanted Herm back. They blamed it on running with a 3rd string QB and no Curtis Martin. I tend to agree with them.

Can someone explain to me why the Chiefs just didnt...you know...wait until Edwards got fired from the Jets this offseason? 

Good move by the Jets, got an extra 4th rounder for someone they were going to fire anyways.

557095[/snapback]

8 head coach vacancies! They would have had competition.

Can someone explain to me why the Chiefs just didnt...you know...wait until Edwards got fired from the Jets this offseason? 

Good move by the Jets, got an extra 4th rounder for someone they were going to fire anyways.

557095[/snapback]

I don't really understand that either. Competition wouldn't have been a huge factor because Herm is friends w/ Peterson and wanted to go to KC as long as the $ was there; and it's probably the most attractive job on the market anyways. And the thought of giving up draft picks for Herman Edwards is hard to comprehend.

I don't see it as necessarily a good move for the Jets though. No coveted coach like Ferentz is going to want to inherit their salary cap mess, so they're stuck with Hemreindinger or Haslett - not an upgrade IMO. To me this works out badly for both teams, which is fine by me.