Can Someone Give Us A Play By Play?

R. Rich

Ooh!  Ooh!  What did he say next?  Please post every word.

555650[/snapback]

There is a press conference today? Gee, you would think that someone would have posted something. Bunch of slackers around here.

I'm not listening to it online or watching it on ESPN News.

555639[/snapback]

Typical NFL press conference - wear your galoshes.

I am GM/VP of Player Personnel.

I will be involved in draft/personnel decisions.

I will not be worrying about the condition of the parking lot.

The Future is Now.

"I come to bury MM, not to praise him" :P

Marv has presence. Very aware of the league. Very sharp, hardly a feeble old man. Called himself an 80 year old rookie. Will help Mularky with communications, he will not handle cap problems or numerical side of contract negotiations.

Ralph Wilson - No timetable on how long Marv will be here. "As long as he wants" " "I hope he outlasts me" Marv said he used no agent and never had a length to his contracts with RW.

OC and DC will be picked by MM. Ralph, Modrak & ML will also contribute to decision, Ralph said he wanted to meet OC and DC before they are hired.

Free agents "as agressive as we can" Quoted George Allen "the future is now"

RW asked Marv's advice, RW said why not you Marv? ML called back next day and accepted

Ralph is "now comfortable" that MM will do a great job. RW said he detached his involvement over last 5 years leaving imput to one person for decisions. He will now be involved. Frankly RW looked and sounded pretty old.

Ralph is "now comfortable" that MM will do a great job. RW said he detached his involvement over last 5 years leaving imput to one person for decisions. He will now be involved.  Frankly RW looked and sounded pretty old.

555734[/snapback]

you really got the impression from both Marv and RW that TD ran a real dictatorial regime at OBD...now it's going to be more of an oligarchy.

Marv has presence. Very aware of the league. Very sharp, hardly a feeble old man.  Called himself an 80 year old rookie.  Will help Mularky with communications, he will not handle cap problems or numerical side of contract negotiations. 

Ralph Wilson - No timetable on how long Marv will be here. "As long as he wants" " "I hope he outlasts me"  Marv said he used no agent and never had a length to his contracts with RW.

OC and DC will be picked by MM. Ralph, Modrak & ML will also contribute to decision, Ralph said he wanted to meet OC and DC before they are hired.  

Free agents "as agressive as we can" Quoted George Allen "the future is now"

RW asked Marv's advice, RW said why not you Marv? ML called back next day and accepted

Ralph is "now comfortable" that MM will do a great job. RW said he detached his involvement over last 5 years leaving imput to one person for decisions. He will now be involved.  Frankly RW looked and sounded pretty old.

555734[/snapback]

I had read some things on this board about how Ralph had looked but saw it for the 1st time today.  OMG.  My Dad just turned 84 but he comes across as a relative pup next to Ralph.  Some are criticizing his decisions.  I wonder if he even knows what he's doing.  Marv looked sharp, though.

you really got the impression from both Marv and RW that TD ran a real dictatorial regime at OBD...now it's going to be more of an oligarchy.

555753[/snapback]

NG you have been around long enough! do you need to read the rules for posting on the wall? words like "oligarchy" are not allowed!

:P

Marv is new GM, but will handle strictly football issues, he is basically here to be an administrator, which is what he does, he will let everybody do their jobs, and there isnt one person who will make decisions, it will be a consensus. He is trusting everybody to do their own job and he is here to motivate them. Someone else will be managing the cap. He says free agency can improve a team immediatley and they will be aggressive.

In summary what will happen is he will send everybody off to do their own jobs, Mularkey coach and Modrak and his team to scout and look at players around the league, everyone will meet back with marv and they will decide in which direction to go. Marv wont be making any decisions by himself but he will keep the front office organized in their job descriptions.

NG you have been around long enough!  do you need to read the rules for posting on the wall?  words like "oligarchy" are not allowed!

:w00t:

555781[/snapback]

I've been waiting to use that word since the 7th grade...now I can die a happy man.... :P

Marv is new GM, but will handle strictly football issues, he is basically here to be an administrator, which is what he does, he will let everybody do their jobs, and there isnt one person who will make decisions, it will be a consensus. He is trusting everybody to do their own job and he is here to motivate them. Someone else will be managing the cap. He says free agency can improve a team immediatley and they will be aggressive.

In summary what will happen is he will send everybody off to do their own jobs, Mularkey coach and Modrak and his team to scout and look at players around the league, everyone will meet back with marv and they will decide in which direction to go. Marv wont be making any decisions by himself but he will keep the front office organized in their job descriptions.

555795[/snapback]

I could hire someone from Kelly Girls to do that.

:P