V. Young...

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was, too. 

But I thought the USC defensive front 7 and overall scheme were pretty lame for all the rep that Carroll has as a d-coordinator.  And Young was never confused becuse he had the upmost confidence that he could pull the ball down on any passing play and get a guaranteed 7-10 yard gain with his legs.

555154[/snapback]

you can't blame carroll or the usc defense. they were going up against a once-in-a-lifetime inhuman force of nature last night. good god.

To be honest, this one fact impressed me with VY the most. 

When he scored with :19 left to go, no wild celebrations.  No chest thumpings.  He just unbuckled his chin strap, and calmly lined up to get the 2 point conversion.  Only when the clock was at :00, is when he let it all out.  To me, that shows that he is nothing else but a pros-pro.

554713[/snapback]

Absolutely balls-on accurate. Don't recall the last time I saw someone THAT obviously focused. It was a terrific thing to watch...especially since I had Texas +7. :lol:

Young jumped ahead of Leinart on my board based on character alone. As mentioned, Young scored the winning TD and remained calm and collected, without drawing attention to himself in any disrespectful way - guys way older than him have trouble acting half as classy.

Then after the game, Leinart pulls the "we're the better team, they just made more plays today" routine. WEAK.

As for Young's onfield display... :lol: .

Young jumped ahead of Leinart on my board based on character alone.  As mentioned, Young scored the winning TD and remained calm and collected, without drawing attention to himself in any disrespectful way - guys way older than him have trouble acting half as classy.

Then after the game, Leinart pulls the "we're the better team, they just made more plays today" routine.  WEAK.

555367[/snapback]

The Bills passed on McKinnie and drafted Mike Williams out of Texas because of his character. :lol:

let's not forget 1985 when Ralph was hell bent on taking Flutie 1st overall, thankfully Polian wasn't a yes man at GM and took Bruce Smith instead.

554760[/snapback]

Good god, man, how does Flutie even belong in the same world as Vince Young? :lol:

Young was impressive last night. Clearly a brilliant performance and a great college player.

However, do you all really think he is going to be able to do that in the NFL? The guy cannot throw and NFL defenders will be faster than him unlike the UCLA defense last night. So where do you put him? WR? RB? If you plan on him being your QB you are looking at at least 3 years of development time. He is not as good in the open field as Vick was in college and Vick had a much better arm (which is scary since Vick to this day is terribly inaccurate).

Young, Leinert and Bush all are going to be busts in the NFL. I said it, and stand by it. They will have some success, but won't live up to their hype.

Leinert doesn't have the velocity to make all the throws needed, and how could anyone justify using a number one overall pick on a guy who has never been an every down player (like Bush). In my opion, White was the most impressive running back on the field last night for the Trojans.

Don't misunderstand me, all three of these guys are physical specimines and tremendous college athletes with poise and leadership abilities. The performance by Young last night will be long remembered. However, none of them (Young included) have the total package to be superstars at their positions in the NFL.

(I'm not trying to be argumentitive, just wondering if other people see what I see or if I'm just crazy)

555180[/snapback]

I believe you and sort-of think the same way. I surely wouldnt want to waste a top 5 pick on any of those guys, they are not worth the money. I'm very glad the Bills don't have a top 5 pick, so now we don't have to worry about it.

So to all you morons who are pissed because we beat Cinci and can't get any of those three guys, deal with it. #8 is a way better draft position that #3, especially with the contracts that rookies demand now. Young, Bush, and Lienart are all a frickin waste of a high draft pick and big money.

Young jumped ahead of Leinart on my board based on character alone.  As mentioned, Young scored the winning TD and remained calm and collected, without drawing attention to himself in any disrespectful way - guys way older than him have trouble acting half as classy.

Then after the game, Leinart pulls the "we're the better team, they just made more plays today" routine.  WEAK.

555367[/snapback]

you must not watch tv ..........Matt and Reggie went to the texas locker room to congratz him and the team..........

watch epsn or something before you say something ignorant

you  must not watch tv ..........Matt and Reggie went to the texas locker room to congratz him and the team..........

555404[/snapback]

They knew that's where the hot babes would be. :lol:

He won't be able to do what he did last night when he gets to the NFL!! It will never never happen, NFL he will be a bust!!!

555215[/snapback]

this could not be more true.........

they tackle better in the NFL......they cover better in the NFL.......USC has a very wack D, they are only made to cause turnovers.....not actually play D....

Just a Jr VICK without the actually running skills......

only thing I like about YOUNG is........he didnt brag when he scored each time

What a game!

Young was outstanding. I'm not sure he'll be a top NFL QB (in the traditional sense)...but, he could be a top NFL something if he was paired with a creative enough coach/system that would utilize his talents.

Houston HAS to take him if he comes out as they have little to lose...IMO, of course.

I didn't like his post-game antics...but, he's a kid that just won the National Championship...so, I'll cut him a little slack.

Young was definitely the man last night and he deserved it. BUT>....... Try doing that in the NFL on a consistent basis against these awesome linebackers and you are gonna get buried! The only guy I see doing it is M Vick. Even McNabb doesn't scramble like that since SYR. Its a whole different league Vince!

And to Linehart and Bush. Good game, don't worry about it because you guys already won everything in college anyway and you have $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ coming to you very soon. So who gives a **** about last night! You're rich, thats why :lol:

I believe you and sort-of think the same way. I surely wouldnt want to waste a top 5 pick on any of those guys, they are not worth the money. I'm very glad the Bills don't have a top 5 pick, so now we don't have to worry about it.

So to all you morons who are pissed because we beat Cinci and can't get any of those three guys, deal with it. #8 is a way better draft position that #3, especially with the contracts that rookies demand now. Young, Bush, and Lienart are all a frickin waste of a high draft pick and big money.

555403[/snapback]

I agree that Young, Bush, etc. are not worthy of top 5 picks. But a loss to Cincy still would have helped. Lose the game, get the #3 overall pick, then TRADE DOWN.

you  must not watch tv ..........Matt and Reggie went to the texas locker room to congratz him and the team..........

So?

The display of disrespect by Leinart that I saw came just after the game, in the ABC postgame. I don't care if he and Reggie Bush later went to the Texas locker room and gave all the players BJs - Leinart's initial postgame comment shows a serious lack of respect for his opponent, and could possibly point to deeper character issues.

Have some semblance of an idea of what you're talking about before you post again, how about that?

So?

The display of disrespect by Leinart that I saw came just after the game, in the ABC postgame.  I don't care if he and Reggie Bush later went to the Texas locker room and gave all the players BJs - Leinart's initial postgame comment shows a serious lack of respect for his opponent, and could possibly point to deeper character issues.

555452[/snapback]

IIRC, all Leinart said was that his was the better team despite the loss. I don't see having confidence in yourself or your team as a character flaw.

IIRC, all Leinart said was that his was the better team despite the loss.

Better teams lose to worse teams all the time. But bringing it up seconds after a loss seems rather small and petty to me.

I don't see having confidence in yourself or your team as a character flaw.

Leinart's statement wasn't about having confidence in his team, it was about devaluing Texas's accomplishment. It's poor character.