mort's makin' some excuses for td over at espn.com

Jerk (Buffalo): The biggest problem in Buffalo is that the management can't manage. This team should have been developing a QB this year instead of trying to make the playoffs. Everyone in management was trying to save their behind by propping this team up to sell tickets. And now we have nothing, not even a QB to build on next year. ARe they gonna dangle playoffs in our face again or deal with reality?

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: (11:54 AM ET ) Unfortunately, the fans wouldn't let the Bills develop a young QB. They appropriately considered themselves playoff caliber but when the defense unexpectedly fell apart, the whole thing crumbled. But fans always want it both ways...and so do owners. That's the beast.

WHAT! :pirate:

552539[/snapback]

that has to be the lamest thing chris mortonson has ever said. i mean ever. how weak and nonsensical ...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So your exempt by saying that TD wasnt even a part of the problem. That TD was a perfect GM. Thats what Mort is saying.

552522[/snapback]

What I'm saying, is you never no right after its over- you need to be removed from the situation for awhile.

To be honest, I'd have made a lot of the same personnel moves he did....maybe different coaching moves, just because I don't know as many people as he does, but somegood moves didnt have good results. Either way, whats done is done....and its time to move on

An analogy:

I have a septic system problem. I call someone who does work in this field. He says it needs to be replaced. They dig the trench really well. They have all the tools and materials assembled at the site. I go to work and come back to find the soil all back in place and the yard beautifully landscaped.

But I go inside and the sh-- is backing up into the sink, toilet and shower b/c the pipes weren't connected.

552554[/snapback]

Wow, that was gooooood.

Chris Mortensen: (11:32 AM ET ) I didn't think Donohoe was any of the problem and I think Mularkey should only be removed if there is a strong philosophcal difference. If I were a Bills fan, I'd be alarmed by the developments. I really would.

____

552486[/snapback]

What in the world does that mean? Philosophical difference with what, with whom?

Alarmed with what developments?

TD walked into a terrible cap situation, and he did an admirable job in cleaning it up. He had a QB situation when he came in and tried to address it. He also made a lot of great moves to help the team.

But don't tell me that he should be absolved of the mess, because bounces went the other way this year. If Mort says that Bledsoe was a stop gap, why give up a 1st rounder, pay him $15mil, and then dump him for a raw rookie? Parcells is perfectly fine in asking the same Q about Bledsoe, but his carrying cost of Bledsoe is much lower.

At the end of the day, TD's inability to find a QB and the price that he's paid to find that QB is what's cost him his job.

As a Bills fan, I'm alarmed at the suggestion that we should be alarmed, without giving an explanation of what the alarm is.

If Mort is saying that all the moves were blessed by Wilson, then Mort should just come out and say that Wilson undermined Donahoe.

Chris Mortenson can join Tom Donahoe in hell

What an unbiased freak !!!

I hope I am not the only Bills fan who doesn't forget Mortensons words and will take him to task for it at every available opportunity!!!!

552563[/snapback]

Repeat after me....Om, Om, Om

What in the world does that mean?  Philosophical difference with what, with whom?

Alarmed with what developments? 

TD walked into a terrible cap situation, and he did an admirable job in cleaning it up.  He had a QB situation when he came in and tried to address it.  He also made a lot of great moves to help the team. 

But don't tell me that he should be absolved of the mess, because bounces went the other way this year.  If Mort says that Bledsoe was a stop gap, why give up a 1st rounder, pay him $15mil, and then dump him for a raw rookie?  Parcells is perfectly fine in asking the same Q about Bledsoe, but his carrying cost of Bledsoe is much lower.

At the end of the day, TD's inability to find a QB and the price that he's paid to find that QB is what's cost him his job.

As a Bills fan, I'm alarmed at the suggestion that we should be alarmed, without giving an explanation of what the alarm is. 

If Mort is saying that all the moves were blessed by Wilson, then Mort should just come out and say that Wilson undermined Donahoe.

552572[/snapback]

Great points. I would add to that the clusterfck we made of QB situation this year.

Chris Mortenson can join Tom Donahoe in hell

What an unbiased freak !!!

I hope I am not the only Bills fan who doesn't forget Mortensons words and will take him to task for it at every available opportunity!!!!

552563[/snapback]

well, i want all my journalists to be unbiased :pirate:

Hmmm.. I don't think our situation on the defensive line had anything to do with injuries.  I think it had to do with letting Pat Williams go.  Period. I think Mort is right that we let go a quarterback who could give us a 9-7 season-for a quarterback (2 actually) who gave us a 4-12 season. He cleaned up the salary mess by taking a playoff team and turning it into a 4-12 team over 5 years.  That is not great work.  He appointed two rather disastrous head coaches.  He gave us Mike Williams and some pretty anemic drafts.

552525[/snapback]

What do you call Edwards? And lets see the great Pat Williams played in are last game against Pittsburg and they ran right thru us>The defense stack there stats against the sub par teams. This should have been a wakeup call and loosing Lebeau killed this team...........Gray must go

Maybe I shouln't have stopped at Starbucks on the way to work this morning.....

but....Donahoe has been a miserable failure!!!

552612[/snapback]

No- you are wrong.Maybe some things haven't worked out, but that statement is too extreme, and is disqualified

How do you spin the GM who assembled the only AFC team to not make the playoffs in 5 years? That is the bottom line. At the time I agreed with many of TD's decisions. What I didn't like was the way he originally came in with GW---firing well liked players, firing Dwight Adams, etc.... I think Modrak will be gone after this year as well--he's on for one year of continuity.

No- you are wrong.Maybe some things haven't worked out, but that statement is too extreme, and is disqualified

552621[/snapback]

Here are some facts for you numbnuts...

Donahoe failed to build a playoff team in five years at the helm. Buffalo has a 31-49 record -- tied with Cleveland for the third-fewest victories -- during that span. Except for Houston, which joined the NFL in 2002, the Bills are the only AFC team to not make the playoffs since 2001.

The Bills haven't qualified for the postseason since 1999, the six-year drought matching the team's longest since the NFL merger.

What are you a Dolphin fan????????