more fueling of the marv rumor

just some more speculation to have fun with,....but if Marv is brought in as President or VP (with Ralph retaining the title of Pres.), Marv might try and convince Ralph to bring Polian back depending on his contract or interest. Or at least Polian's son.

just some more speculation to have fun with,....but if Marv is brought in as President or VP (with Ralph retaining the title of Pres.), Marv might try and convince Ralph to bring Polian back depending on his contract or interest.  Or at least Polian's son.

550285[/snapback]

Holy SHIZNIT! If we got Levy (in some capacity) AND Polian back, I would be, dare I say "overwhelmed with joy..."

The strange thing is... I get the feeling that everyone who has worked here and moved on to have success other places would still welcome the opportunity to come back to Buffalo (ie Dwight Adams). I highly doubt Polian would leave Indy, but I'd dance a jig if it happened.

Holy SHIZNIT! If we got Levy (in some capacity) AND Polian back, I would be, dare I say "overwhelmed with joy..."

The strange thing is... I get the feeling that everyone who has worked here and moved on to have success other places would still welcome the opportunity to come back to Buffalo (ie Dwight Adams). I highly doubt Polian would leave Indy, but I'd dance a jig if it happened.

550337[/snapback]

I think Polian was forced out due to personal differences with Ralph. That one ain't happening.

550337[/snapback]

It all depends who Polian considers the bigger pain in the as* to work for, Irsay or Ralph. That would be a really tough choice! :D

I would like to see Jim Kelly as QB coach. And while it is morbid, with Hunter's passing, I believe he now has the time to do it. I think it would do wonders for JP to learn from Kelly. JP has the same swagger... which is something we've been starving for as fans...

As far as Marv becoming something in the Front Office, I don't doubt that at all. He wants to be involved in football, I think that time has probably healed some of the minor wounds between him and Ralph. I could totally see him being President/advisor - with someone else as GM. I would love to see the return of Dwight Adams who has stated his interest in returning to the team in a scout/talent front office position...

As far as Marv becoming something in the Front Office, I don't doubt that at all.  He wants to be involved in football, I think that time has probably healed some of the minor wounds between him and Ralph.

550357[/snapback]

What "minor wounds" are you referring to? I was always under the impression that Levy and Wilson were very good friends...

I think Polian was forced out due to personal differences with Ralph. That one ain't happening.

550354[/snapback]

was it Ralph he had a difference with or someone else within the organization?

something comes to mind that it was someone in a chief finance posistion that gave Polian the map to the door. i am sure Ralph gave his approval on the change but i think it was someone else (can't remember who) that had the problems with spending.

something comes to mind that it was someone in a chief finance posistion that gave Polian the map to the door.  i am sure Ralph gave his approval on the change but i think it was someone else (can't remember who) that had the problems with spending.

550393[/snapback]

Scott Littman?

something comes to mind that it was someone in a chief finance posistion that gave Polian the map to the door.  i am sure Ralph gave his approval on the change but i think it was someone else (can't remember who) that had the problems with spending.

550393[/snapback]

Polian had a falling out with Ralph's daughter. I do not know what it was over. However, that is why he was shown the door.

Or at least Polian's son.

550285[/snapback]

If Dennis Polian is hired I DEMAND to be considered as well. I went to high school with Dennis and brilliant is not one of the first 100 words that come to mind when I think of him.

BTW, Dennis had to stop playing football because he broke his skull falling out of a golf cart at training camp one summer...BRILLIANT! (ok I lied it's in the top100 but in the Victorian Guiness guy kind of way)

What "minor wounds" are you referring to?  I was always under the impression that Levy and Wilson were very good friends...

550387[/snapback]

Marv didn't exactly "retire"... he was shown the door. I think if it were up to him he'd have stayed HC.

What makes most sense is Marv coming is as team president, which basically enables him to function as a senior advisor on any and all matters.  I wouldn't be adverse to making Modrak GM, but, by all means, get rid of Mularkey.

550862[/snapback]

I concur...senior advisor/face of the franchise....