Donahoe to be fire today?????

billsboys

At #8 or #4 Big Mike shouldn't have been a bust - like he is.  TD and company could have been better talent evaluators but I think at the endo of the day TDs biggest problem has been the media.  He used the media as a tool to pump up expectations and when those expectations are not met in a big way then there is nothing left but disappointment.

We need guys on this team that care, that are willing to go the extra mile or two - that welcome the snow not hide in their house...we need and want a tough blue collar team that resembles the fans that support it.  That is not what we have...no guts no glory.

550386[/snapback]

One of Ralph's comments after Sunday's game was "Too much hype," so I think you may be on to something here... :D

I find this attitude sad, and it reflects terribly on the people of Buffalo. If Tom Donahoe is fired. I thank him. He did not intend for some of his choices to not work out. He did everything he thought was right to give Buffalo a winning team. Although there is nothing wrong in acknowledging that it may not have worked out, taking pleasure in somebody losing their job makes a statement about you.

If he is to go, thank him, say good bye and wish him luck. Being vindictive accomplishes less than nothing, which is what vindictive people are very used to in their lives anyways

550282[/snapback]

i agree with you...the vitriol that surrounds coaching/management changes in this town is just a little ridiculous. tom donohoe is not a bad guy. nor was gregg williams, wade phillips, john butler or marv levy. yet when EVERY ONE of them left the team, there were fans lining up here and/or on the radio to take potshots at them. even marv- i remember it vividly because i found it so surprising at the time. now i know better. the culture of big-time sports is a lot of fun most of the time, but TDs firing will prove yet again that it can also bring out the worst in some people.

OK, I'll be the Devil's Advocate here- say every move he made was wrong....ok, we fire him, thank him, and move on. Thats it. Thats all I'm saying. Getting enjoyment out of somebody getting fired it the wrong way to look at things

550338[/snapback]

I think what you're missing is that people (at least most of them) aren't taking enjoyment from TD's losing his job. If/when TD is fired I'm not going to sit here thinking happily about TD packing his bags, saying his goodbyes and sitting at home in a funk wishing he had done things differently. I'm going to be happy because it means the Bills are attempting to make a move to improve the team, simple as that. There is a difference whether you wish to acknowledge it or not.

I think what you're missing is that people (at least most of them) aren't taking enjoyment from TD's losing his job.  If/when TD is fired I'm not going to sit here thinking happily about TD packing his bags, saying his goodbyes and sitting at home in a funk wishing he had done things differently.  I'm going to be happy because it means the Bills are attempting making a move to improve the team, simple as that.  There is a difference whether you wish to acknowledge it or not.

550444[/snapback]

That I have no problem with, and I'm not trying to make it oput like this is just in Buffalo. People are just being brought up wrong, and end up screwed up like that

I think what you're missing is that people (at least most of them) aren't taking enjoyment from TD's losing his job.  If/when TD is fired I'm not going to sit here thinking happily about TD packing his bags, saying his goodbyes and sitting at home in a funk wishing he had done things differently.  I'm going to be happy because it means the Bills are attempting making a move to improve the team, simple as that.  There is a difference whether you wish to acknowledge it or not.

550444[/snapback]

The problem is there is a very vocal contingent of fans who seem to relish the opportunity to tear down everyone who ever leaves the team. They're well-represented by Jerry Sullivan and "Coach" Dickerson, and it makes it a lot harder to stake out a moderate position.

Adam is right on here..........But If some people here seem to be ugly about TD it has more top do with the outcome of this season than it does about the tenure of TD. Whether we like it or not TD just might have saved this team. We were in salary cap hell and TD pretty quickly pulled us out, he was savy enough to aquire players vis free agency and the draft that inspire people to buy season tickets and to give us hope. He sold the Ralph out and built aguably the best summer training camp in the NFL. He also brought in two head coaches that IMO will someday be very good head coaches, sorry folks but Greg Williams is a brainiac who has worked for the likes of Jeff Fisher and now Joe Gibbs, He's had his taste at the HC position and now he will refine himself under HOF coach Joe Gibbs. Mularky has the coaching tools to become a good head coach, unfortunatly once again Buffalo was the test market for a rookie head coach who was not given the best tools on the field to win, specifically an OL to protect a young inexperienced QB and could not open even a seem for a very good running back.

Sorry Tom, we thank you for all the good you have done but Buffalo needs a winner now! Maybe just maybe next year might be the year, but we can't afford to be in the same position in January 2007 looking for change. No hard feelings, but it's time to part ways. Thank you and good luck!

Adam is right on here..........But If some people here seem to be ugly about TD it has more top do with the outcome of this season than it does about the tenure of TD.  Whether we like it or not TD just might have saved this team.  We were in salary cap hell and TD pretty quickly pulled us out, he was savy enough to aquire players vis free agency and the draft that inspire people to buy season tickets and to give us hope.  He sold the Ralph out and built aguably the best summer training camp in the NFL.  He also brought in two head coaches that IMO will someday be very good head coaches, sorry folks but Greg Williams is a brainiac who has worked for the likes of Jeff Fisher and now Joe Gibbs, He's had his taste at the HC position and now he will refine himself under HOF coach Joe Gibbs.  Mularky has the coaching tools to become a good head coach, unfortunatly once again Buffalo was the test market for a rookie head coach who was not given the best tools on the field to win, specifically an OL to protect a young inexperienced QB and could not open even a seem for a very good running back. 

Sorry Tom, we thank you for all the good you have done but Buffalo needs a winner now!  Maybe just maybe next year might be the year, but we can't afford to be in the same position in January 2007 looking for change.  No hard feelings, but it's time to part ways.  Thank you and good luck!

550457[/snapback]

I wonder what's talking so long? :D

The problem is there is a very vocal contingent of fans who seem to relish the opportunity to tear down everyone who ever leaves the team.  They're well-represented by Jerry Sullivan and "Coach" Dickerson, and it makes it a lot harder to stake out a moderate position.

550452[/snapback]

Wow, and I thought I was alone in this thought, and some of the other thoughts revealed in this thread. Good to know there are some diehard fans that still have a brain stem. :D

I find this attitude sad, and it reflects terribly on the people of Buffalo. If Tom Donahoe is fired. I thank him. He did not intend for some of his choices to not work out. He did everything he thought was right to give Buffalo a winning team. Although there is nothing wrong in acknowledging that it may not have worked out, taking pleasure in somebody losing their job makes a statement about you.

If he is to go, thank him, say good bye and wish him luck. Being vindictive accomplishes less than nothing, which is what vindictive people are very used to in their lives anyways

550282[/snapback]

Sorry Adam, but this is pro sports- not the real world at all. It's big buck entertainment and all the players in this high stakes game realize it. They're paid big bucks to WIN not to try and win. Everyone is trying to win, so that gets you nothing. GM's and players know it, and fans have every right to be enthused when changes are made if their team doesn't win. Teams are selling hope- hope for a chance at championship glory. TD was well compensated and will do just fine,thank you. It's not as if he'll be on some street corner licking the inside of chicken gumbo soup cans. I mean, I don't think it's quite the same as,say feeling great about about some auto worker losing his gig or taking a huge pay cut. But there are folks on this board that like that kind of stuff- they call themselves "conservatives". Those are the ones you need to watch out for. B-)

In professional sports, the saying goes, "you're hired to be fired!" or some type of derivation thereof.... so the axiom is true and the basic FACT is that this is a highly charged environment that leaves these people in control of franchises that ALL want to win and fight each other to gain an upper hand! The simple fact is that these positions are high profile and once you are in the Ivory Tower, people will throw stones at you if they perceive you are NOT getting the objective accomplished and once that is the prevelent opinion, you are as good as gone! I chose to root for the Buffalo Bills, if Tom Donahoe doesn't succeed, then I'm inclined to be happy only in the sense that "it" might get better! That's it.... Nothing against Mr. Donahoe, who I thought was the best hire at the time, but he did not get the objective complete! The Bills IMO, can win a Super Bowl, it just won't be with TD at the helm.

550282[/snapback]

Right on. However, the fans always eat thier young. Goes back to the Romans and the emperor with his "thumbs up, thumbs down thing".

I think picking NFL talent is a lot like picking stocks. Everybody wants a "professional", a genius. And when the GM picks good he's the man, when the stock picker picks bad, he's just ripping you off. Both guys know the one thing that we already know, but are too weak to believe. That it's a crapshoot and you might as well be throwing darts on a dart board.

So go ahead and kick TD if it makes you feel better, that I guess is his final entertainment value.

And bring back the old days of sports.

If Tom Donahoe is fired. I thank him. He did not intend for some of his choices to not work out. He did everything he thought was right to give Buffalo a winning team.

550282[/snapback]

Exactly. If there is to be a parting of the ways why beat the guy up on the way out the door?

Exactly.  If there is to be a parting of the ways why beat the guy up on the way out the door?

550655[/snapback]

I say it's okay to be happy abut the firing. I also say it's okay to treat Donahoe's dismissal the same way we treated Rob Johnson's dismissal.

I mean, why not? The "business side" of NFL football is as much of a game as what's on the field.