(OT) Grammar

ajzepp

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that does crack me up though is when people spell offense and defense like this...... offence, defence..... I guess they get confused when they see the little picket fences in the crowd...  :lol:  :)  :doh:

39583[/snapback]

Those are the Canadians.

Good spelling tends to get more respect here than poor spelling. So, to say that we don't care about spelling isn't the full truth.

I know my spelling has improved a TON since I started visiting these pages.

For example I now know "psyched" is not spelled siked...

:)  :doh:  :lol:  :lol:  :D

You're an idiot!!!!!!!! I couldn't resist!!

I have to admit that sometimes I just want to reply to a post and make the grammatical corrections. I'm not a teacher or anything relatively close but the proper use of the English language is something I've always been fond of.  :lol:

39422[/snapback]

Tisk tist tisk. Never end a sentence with a preposition. :lol:

I've wondered why some spell "none" as "noone". Perhaps it is a result of phonics. I saw a bumper sticker that read,

R U HUKED ON FONIX?

I hate it when "-wise" is attached to a word, as in  "That is incorrect, grammar-wise". :)

39623[/snapback]

Ah, yes, add that to the verbifying of nouns (yes, I get the irony in that) that broadcasters love to do.

Ah, yes, add that to the verbifying of nouns (yes, I get the irony in that) that broadcasters love to do.

39695[/snapback]

You mean like, "Drew stevestojaned in his pants when he saw the Oakland pass rush bearing down on him like a pack of crazed dogs"?

i really hate when posters dont use caps or paragraphs or god help us punctuation not to mention run on sentences when they have so much they need to say that their fingers can hardly keep up with their brains to type so they just go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on oh yeah did i mention on and on and on and on and on and on makes me feel like i need to take a breath just reading it.

i really hate when posters dont use caps or paragraphs or god help us punctuation not to mention run on sentences when they have so much they need to say that their fingers can hardly keep up with their brains to type so they just go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on oh yeah did i mention on and on and on and on and on and on makes me feel like i need to take a breath just reading it.

39753[/snapback]

THEN THERE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO SHOUT ALL THE TIME. And then there are the people who Capitalize random Words in their sentences as if this were German and you had to capitalize all Nouns.

39753[/snapback]

IT'S CALLED "CONSTIPATION OF THE MIND, DIARRHEA OF THE FINGERS" AND THE NO-CAPS FOLKS HAVE NOTHING ON THE ALL-CAPS BOLD POSTERS WHO HAVE TO SCREAM THERE ;) POINT!

I've wondered why some spell "none" as "noone". Perhaps it is a result of phonics. I saw a bumper sticker that read,

R U HUKED ON FONIX?

I hate it when "-wise" is attached to a word, as in  "That is incorrect, grammar-wise". :P

39623[/snapback]

Isn't that NOONER that you are thinking of. ;);) never end a sentence or sentAnce in of :doh::D What am I thinking OF :D:lol:

Isn't that NOONER that you are thinking of. ;)  ;) never end a sentence or sentAnce in of :doh:  :D What am I thinking OF :D  :lol:

39788[/snapback]

I don't know. I assumed that "noone" was a misspelling of "none", but I just today saw it used in a post as meaning "no one".

I don't know what "nooner" means...generation gap at work (on my part)? :P

I hate it when "-wise" is attached to a word, as in "That is incorrect, grammar-wise".

-----------------------------

you mean like this?

"It's not what you believe outside (the team), it's what we believe inside," Mularkey said. "We spend the countless hours coaching-wise and playing-wise.