Gregg Williams is the HOT candidate

zow2

Interesting that Houston and KC have already contacted the Redskins for permission to speak to Greggo as early as next week. The Vikes and maybe one other team also want to talk to him. Can you imagine if he goes on to be a very successful HC after cutting his baby teeth in Buffalo? That would just be like a needle in the eye. In watching Williams this year it seems like he's as arrogant as ever and much more boisterous than he was in Buffalo. The players in DC love him for that. I think he probably has the confidence to be a head coach now and handle those responsibilities unlike the sort of mumbly, insecure guy that he was in Buffalo.

Houston will most likely hire Martz, and get his input if he thinks that Carr has the tools. If so, they wil trade down and get more pics. Otherwise, they will take Leinhart.

GW will be a HC next season, and without the HOF coach in Gibbs with him, he will flounder.

GW will be a HC next season, and without the HOF coach in Gibbs with him, he will flounder.

549873[/snapback]

You're right. Look @ how badly Shanahan floundered away from Walsh and Seifert, not to mention how badly Belichick floundered away from Parcells.

Maybe we should wait and see before ASSuming we know he'll flounder, eh? We don't want to seem like disgruntled Cleveland (Belichick) or Oakland (Shanahan) fans, do we?

You're right.  Look @ how badly Shanahan floundered away from Walsh and Seifert, not to mention how badly Belichick floundered away from Parcells. 

Maybe we should wait and see before ASSuming we know he'll flounder, eh?  We don't want to seem like disgruntled Cleveland (Belichick) or Oakland (Shanahan) fans, do we?

549879[/snapback]

Along that same line, I think Wade deserves another shot as well.

The NFL is famous for giving second chances, and that is not exclusive to players.

549860[/snapback]

The guy is the hot Coordinator this season....His defense has showed up the

last 5 games and has been the difference in those ball games....Especially

that last quarter in Philadelphia....that defense dominated......a la Marvin

Lewis defense....It is only fair that GW gets his shot at HC job again...But I

doubt he will be a good one...Not all hot DC or OCs go on to become good

HCs....He somehow just did not have that skill to get his players to not make

mental mistakes....

You're right.  Look @ how badly Shanahan floundered away from Walsh and Seifert, not to mention how badly Belichick floundered away from Parcells. 

Maybe we should wait and see before ASSuming we know he'll flounder, eh?  We don't want to seem like disgruntled Cleveland (Belichick) or Oakland (Shanahan) fans, do we?

549879[/snapback]

What has GW shown in his 3 years in Buffalo that makes you or anyone believe he can be a HC? If I am not mistaken, both Belichek and Shannahan had success PRIOR to their current success. GW has no HC success....NONE

Houston will most likely hire Martz, and get his input if he thinks that Carr has the tools.  If so, they wil trade down and get more pics.  Otherwise, they will take Leinhart.

549873[/snapback]

Houston will trade down or take Leinhart? :unsure:

What has GW shown in his 3 years in Buffalo that makes you or anyone believe he can be a HC?  If I am not mistaken, both Belichek and Shannahan had success PRIOR to their current success.  GW has no HC success....NONE

549974[/snapback]

Steven, as a coordinator, Gregg had as much success as Belichick or Shanahan (remember, he coordinated the Titans' top ranked defense). If you have evidence to the contrary, I hope you'll share it w/ us.

Greg reminds me of a lot of people who "interview well" but are essentially useless in the actual job!

550018[/snapback]

I'm curious to know why there's no possibility that he, like Shanahan and Belichick before him, cannot come back and succeed the second time around. Lay it on us.

Whatever team hires Greggo can HAVE him! Wade Phillips has also had several chances as a head coach.

Some guys just don't have what it takes to be a head coach and are better in their coordinator positions. (I think this is the called the Peter Pan Principle...) Gregg is one of them, IMO.

Can you imagine if he goes on to be a very successful HC after cutting his baby teeth in Buffalo? 

549856[/snapback]

i said when they let him go here that would probably happen. that doesn't make it so, but williams is a very smart guy and is probably capable of learning from his own mistakes. we shall see. i think he will get a chance to prove himself somewhere soon.

I'm curious to know why there's no possibility that he, like Shanahan and Belichick before him, cannot come back and succeed the second time around.  Lay it on us.

550030[/snapback]

I hear what you are saying. He was the DC under Fisher, had one go-round as HC (and most likely knows what would need to be done now if he had the right GM), and just did 2 years under Gibbs.

I'm probably in the minority, but I think he'd make a decent HC with the right team.

Steven, as a coordinator, Gregg had as much success as Belichick or Shanahan (remember, he coordinated the Titans' top ranked defense).  If you have evidence to the contrary, I hope you'll share it w/ us.

549997[/snapback]

Correct as a DC he is good...but has done nothing to show he can be a head coach!