Clayton says MM is Safe

Solitary

I just made reference to this in another post. I will have to say that MM really did show me somthing in last week's game. I'm not one that buys that the win was not a good one, considering that the Benglas CERTAINLY had something to play for.

Here's what I would say...

1. Considering what was at stake for the Bengals, MM clearly out-coached Marvin Lewis, a guy who is on some lists as a Coach of the Year candidate.

2. MM had the team ready to play, when they could easily have been running for the bus.

3. For a change, the staff made some decent adjustments during the game.

4. They showed some heart in coming back practically everytime the Bengals looked to be taking the momentum.

The on-sides call may have been the deciding bit for him. I know that it didn't matter because Holcomb ultimately threw that lame INT. However, the call was a good one -- and the execution was great. More important, maybe for the first time all year I didn't see that deer-in-the-headlights look when he and April pled their case to the refs. He was forceful enough to the point where the refs didn't even require the use of a challenge flag to correct the call.

Maybe, just maybe this was a deciding moment for MM as a head coach in much the same way that players have a breakout game. Maybe we'll see againt next week against the Jets in another "meaningless" game.

I just wish that we had seen more of this from him earlier in the year.

545992[/snapback]

We can only hope this was the crystallyzing moment for MM and the Bills.

I hope the Jets whup us to bring some reality back to the situation we are really in....shiiitsville as a team and organization, 6 wins, no O or D line, no playoffs forever (only us and houston are left - what pathetic company), a pisspoor record under TD's tenure, no visible progress this season, unhappy vets, frustrated fans, trick plays that dont work....

546053[/snapback]

I agree with all but the frustrated fan part, From every home game I've seen so far and I've seen all of them I have not seen as much as one negative sign in the stands knocking our GM or HC.

Stated this on Sportscenter tonite. Cayton can be way off sometimes but I think he is probably right on this one.

545983[/snapback]

Sure forget about the Miami game San Diego, Pats twice, Raiders one embarrassment after the other but hey they beat the Bengals so his job is safe. I'm convinced that geek knows nothing. He seems to be wrong a lot more than right.