Team talks about future then starts Holcomb

seq004

Mularkey talks a good game about the future of this club but continues to make bad decisions. Why is he again letting the players decide who will play Sunday? He wants to keep his job and that's it. I like Kelly, he played well in the Bengal game but you might as well end the JP Losman thing right now and bring in someone else to compete next year with Kelly because I can't think of any one coach that could have screwed up a promising QB more than MM has done. BTW players hated Jim Kelly in 1986 and 87. It's time for the Sabre game. :doh:

I must say I truely disliked the hiring of MM. But then after apparently holding the team together in '04 and getting us back to respectablilty, I thought maybe I was wrong. Then after the benching of JP - the guy we were sold on as being so great. I begin second guessing him as a coach. Now, after the back and forth and waivering and then letting players like Moulds influence the decision, I have zero respect for him as a head coach. He'll have to really turn things around for a few years, before I change my mind and give him the benefit of the doubt again.

Personally, if I had an OL like the one I was dealt, I would hold out my young guy and put in the 10 year vet as well.

545380[/snapback]

Yes, an augument can be made there, but to me that's just quiting much like Willis has done. To me Magahee has not put forth the effort this year because of the O-line which all goes back to TD but these guys are paid a large amount of money to perform at their best every week so no excuses for them or the coach if you ask me.

Mularkey talks a good game about the future of this club but continues to make bad decisions. Why is he again letting the players decide who will play Sunday? He wants to keep his job and that's it. I like Kelly, he played well in the Bengal game but you might as well end the JP Losman thing right now and bring in someone else to compete next year with Kelly because I can't think of any one coach that could have screwed up a promising QB more than MM has done. BTW players hated Jim Kelly in 1986 and 87. It's time for the Sabre game. :lol:

545280[/snapback]

So according to TBD, if MM does something in the best interest of the team...he's wrong. If he does something in the best interest of himself...he's a self-serving jerk. If he does something in the best interest of the fans he's a total moron. The guy can't win here. What makes anyone think MM is starting Holcomb because Fletcher & Moulds wants him to? Because a media "expert" said so?!? That's ridiculous. Maybe JP is really injured which according to his agent, he is. And also, it's just possible that MM and TD know more about football than we do and JP is not nearly as ready to lead an NFL team as they had hoped.

Did ya ever think that just maybe the coaches aren't just listening to the players ..... that maybe ....... just MAYBE ...... they have seen something in JP that leads them to believe JP just sucks??????????? :lol:

545606[/snapback]

Nope.

He was still injured (from the NE game) and would have started both against CINCI and the JETS had he been healthy enough AND getting the reps in practice.

Nope.

He was still injured (from the NE game) and would have started both against CINCI and the JETS had he been healthy enough AND getting the reps in practice.

545608[/snapback]

JMO but everyone is hurt this time of the year. I don't believe for one moment that he can't play against the mighty Jets. Mike Williams is hurt also and can't play :lol:

Still have more points than the Laughs :D  ;)

545969[/snapback]

March will be fun for this battle :P

RJ4life, that's not that big of a lead :lol:

Williams not playing really confounds me though.

GO Sabres!! (2nd favorite hockey team)

Did ya ever think that just maybe the coaches aren't just listening to the players ..... that maybe ....... just MAYBE ...... they have seen something in JP that leads them to believe JP just sucks??????????? :w00t:

545606[/snapback]

That's certainly crossed my mind. I'm not ready to give up on him yet, but he has clearly shown that he is not yet ready for prime time. Is he a (strong) rag arm? Looks that way so far! (I hope I'm wrong.)

Mularkey talks a good game about the future of this club but continues to make bad decisions. Why is he again letting the players decide who will play Sunday? He wants to keep his job and that's it. I like Kelly, he played well in the Bengal game but you might as well end the JP Losman thing right now and bring in someone else to compete next year with Kelly because I can't think of any one coach that could have screwed up a promising QB more than MM has done. BTW players hated Jim Kelly in 1986 and 87. It's time for the Sabre game. :w00t:

545280[/snapback]

Wow.

I thought we would all realize by now how crappy we still play on offense with that damned line we're cursed with. The QB doesn't matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :doh:

The 3 starting QB's we had couldn't do crap. So the problems lie elsewhere. JP would need an All-Pro line to play well so we might as well use the guy who doesn't need that to win a game for us.

TD exposed himself as a fool for releasing DB AND not fixing the line.

Wow.

I thought we would all realize by now how crappy we still play on offense with that damned line we're cursed with.  The QB doesn't matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :w00t:

The 3 starting QB's we had couldn't do crap.  So the problems lie elsewhere.  JP would need an All-Pro line to play well so we might as well use the guy who doesn't need that to win a game for us.

TD exposed himself as a fool for releasing DB AND not fixing the line.

546021[/snapback]

Close. TD was a fool for SIGNING Bledsoe and then not building an offensive line to support the player that he is (an accurate passer who needs time and protection.) What good are the good receivers that he drafted, if the QB has no time to find them or allow them to get deep?

Did ya ever think that just maybe the coaches aren't just listening to the players ..... that maybe ....... just MAYBE ...... they have seen something in JP that leads them to believe JP just sucks??????????? :w00t:

545606[/snapback]

doubtful when they gave so much to get him

How is starting Holcomb in the best interest of the team?  Seriously, I've gotta' hear this.

546092[/snapback]

A) JP is somewhat injured

B) Holcomb is more experienced,,,,converts 3rd downs,,, and is generally better at this point.

Ummmm, because he is the better QB. Why is strating JP in the best interest of the team? Because he was a first round draft choice therefore he should be handed the job?

546145[/snapback]

No, because he has more potential than Holcomb and the only way to find out whether he is going to live up to that potential is to play him. Rookie quarterbacks are almost always worse than the veteran alternative at first (and Losman isn't that far off being a rookie in terms of playing time) but sometimes you have to sacrifice the short term for the long term. It's not as if the Bills were going to come anywhere near the playoffs this year even with Holcomb starting, so the logical thing to do would be to play Losman and actually see whether he was the right option at quarterback.