Draft Scenario 1

Astrobot

1. HOUSTON TEXANS -- The best choice for the Texans would be D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Carr just needs time, and Domanick Davis is no slouch at RB. It's hard making D-Brick the #1 pick in the draft, and the Texans may even trade down to someone just above the Bills' slot and pick him there.

2. SAN FRANCICSO 49'ERS (trade) take Bush, Alex Smith's former teammate in high school and a quick fix back there.

3. NY JETS (trade)--take Leinart. Their injury prone QB is a hanging Chad come June 1.

4. N.O. SAINTS --take Vince Young.

5. PACKERS - The most pivotal pick affecting the Buffalo Bills, IMHO. The Packers need an impact player. On offense, Favre may not have his replacement in Rodgers, but they'll pick up Rivers or Ramsey, not the draft again. They'll need a successor to free agent Ahman Green, but they'll offer him a contract. They consider Haloti Ngata, AJ Hawk, and Super Mario Williams. The biggest need is probably linebacker, and AJ Hawk is a player. They take Hawk.

6. TITANS - Take DE Super Mario to go opposite Peppers. A nice pick.

7. BUFFALO BILLS - IMHO they have three choices here in this scenario, and they are DT HALOTI NGATA, TE VERNON DAVIS, and DE MATHIAS KIWANUKA. They won't give up on their healing TE's, so Davis won't be the pick. Ngata could be bigger, faster, and stronger than either Pat Williams and Sam Adams, and Kiwanuka has the size, speed and attitude the Bills covet. I think they take Ngata here, as there is nobody on the roster that could fill a place better than Ngata.

it would be a BALLSY Move to pass on Reggie Bush, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Maybe they can trade the pick to New Orleans

1. HOUSTON TEXANS -- The best choice for the Texans would be D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Carr just needs time, and Domanick Davis is no slouch at RB. It's hard making D-Brick the #1 pick in the draft, and the Texans may even trade down to someone just above the Bills' slot and pick him there.

2. SAN FRANCICSO 49'ERS (trade) take Bush, Alex Smith's former teammate in high school and a quick fix back there.

3.  NY JETS (trade)--take Leinart. Their injury prone QB is a hanging Chad come June 1.

4. N.O. SAINTS --take Vince Young.

5. PACKERS - The most pivotal pick affecting the Buffalo Bills, IMHO. The Packers need an impact player. On offense, Favre may not have his replacement in Rodgers, but they'll pick up Rivers or Ramsey, not the draft again. They'll need a successor to free agent Ahman Green, but they'll offer him a contract. They consider Haloti Ngata, AJ Hawk, and Super Mario Williams. The biggest need is probably linebacker, and AJ Hawk is a player. They take Hawk.

6. TITANS - Take DE Super Mario to go opposite Peppers. A nice pick.

7. BUFFALO BILLS - IMHO they have three choices here in this scenario, and they are DT HALOTI NGATA, TE VERNON DAVIS, and DE MATHIAS KIWANUKA. They won't give up on their healing TE's, so Davis won't be the pick. Ngata could be bigger, faster, and stronger than either Pat Williams and Sam Adams, and Kiwanuka has the size, speed and attitude the Bills covet. I think they take Ngata here, as there is nobody on the roster that could fill a place better than Ngata.

545163[/snapback]

When did the Titans get Peppers?

That said based on the scenario and question asked, I take Kiwanuka. I'm not a big Ngata fan and question if he's worth a top 10 pick at this point and feel Kiwaunka's too valuable to pass up at that point. Especially since Kelsay hasn't shown to be a starter in this league and there's a chance we could lose Denney giving us some question marks at DE aside from Schobel. Though truly think a better plan if possible is to trade down to around pick 12-15 and hope to get OT Winston, OT Scott or DT Wright.

Whoops my bad on Peppers. While no Peppers, I think VanDenBosch has been a pleasant surprise at DE for the Titans, but they don't have anyone on the other side (Travis LaBoy). They'd love to see Super Mario fall this far.

The tradedown scenario was going to be my Draft Scenario 2, Jokeman. If I had a mind to read, you would have read it.

How do we get the #7 pick? Right now, without looking at strength of schedule, we're tied with 5 other teams for #8. Do you think we lose to the Jets?

545241[/snapback]

I think we'll come out and win the game aginst the Jets, which will give us somewhere around the 10th to the 14th pick. This will make for an interesting offseason either way.

Vernon Davis is our man. It would be RIDICULOUS to pass on someone like him - he is NOT a luxury pick, he is a need pick. We have not had a playmaker tight end in - well, ever. In today's NFL, a stud tight end like Davis can transform an entire offense (see: Antonio Gates), revive a QB's career (see: Drew Brees), and create opportunities for the rest of the offense because the defense will have to account for him on every play (see: Tiki Barber, b/c of Shockey).

Let me put it another way: Vernon Davis is the best TE in the draft pool in years - probably since Tony Gonzales. By contrast, Ngata is not the best DT to arrive - he's just the best of a weak draft class. Same with Ferguson/Winston. Take the real blue-chipper who is a once-in-a-lifetime pick, and rely on your scouts and pro personnel people to fill your needs through free agency and the later rounds.

VERNON DAVIS.

Indeed. Maybe they'll try star OL with talent this year.  :D 

I'm sure unproven OL,DL rookies would make an instant impact. They always do.  :lol:

545525[/snapback]

I am with you Mark, this time I want us to go after NAME Free Agents to fix the lines not journeymen. I agree with you not many rookie DTs make a big name as they might at LB. We have many needs like safties, possible corner, run stuffing DT, OL and a good yound LB prospect.