So how'd everyone do?

KD in CA

Did you guys win any of your leagues?

In one of my leagues, I was defending champ but started 2-4 this year. So I swung two big trades within 2 weeks with the same guy (a total of ten players exchanged) and only lost one more game the rest of the year, crushing everyone in the playoffs for another championship. :angry:

Did you guys win any of your leagues?

In one of my leagues, I was defending champ but started 2-4 this year.  So I swung two big trades within 2 weeks with the same guy (a total of ten players exchanged) and only lost one more game the rest of the year, crushing everyone in the playoffs for another championship.  :angry:

542646[/snapback]

I am the defending champ in my leauge too (I won it 11 years ago, and then had a 9 year drout, came in second a few times, somewhere in there). Unfortunately, we have our championship the last week of the season, next week. Right now, I am up by 41 points on the guy who finished with the best record (13-1, I finished 9-5) going into Monday night. My oppenant has Tom Brady still to play, I am done for the week. Unless Brady has a monster night, I should at least be in the "Super Bowl"! In our leauge (12 teams) the point leader gets $100 (the cost of being in the leauge), Super Bowl runner up gets $250, and the Super Bowl winner gets $850, plus any other money the leage earns for waiver moves. That total is up to about $250. In our leauge, everyone gets three free roster moves, and each one costs $5 after that...it adds up! So, at the very least, I think I win $250, at best, about $1100!

I'm in the midst of my superbowl right now, and I need a whale of a game out of Tom Brady tonight.  The guy I am up against is done, and I am down with just Brady to go.  I need about 300 yards and 3 tds with no ints to pull it off.

542888[/snapback]

And I lost! I wish MM was coaching NE. He loves to pass from the 3 yard line. Stupid Patriots and their dumb rushing TD's, gosh!!! Idiots!!!!

Well, I did pretty well considering I lost Deuce McCallister, Javon Walker, Darrell Jackson and Micheal Clayton dropped dead.

No playoffs in my league, just 17 weeks. I am sitting pretty at 8-8 right now, might win next week as my opponent has Peyton Manning and David Gerard on his roster.

Did you play buftex? lol

542994[/snapback]

Yeah, I played!

Sorry, I get a little caught up in it sometimes, hence the "fantasy" aspect...I am in the championship game next week! :D All of my hard work, and obsessive compulsiveness is paying off somewhere!

Went to the superbowl last year in one league and finished 2nd to last in it this year (injuries killed me)

My other league I finished first 11-3 and lost in the first round of the playoffs by 1 point (my QB got hurt in the game). Still in the "toilet bowl" championship this week so I got that going for me....

having your superbowl in week 17 isn't right....change your bylaws...

Injuries destroyed me this year, losing mccallister and walker. Toss is the fact that jamal lewis was a bust, i was playing without my top 3 picks. But i managed to sneak into the playoffs (we have 7 of 12 teams making it) and i lost in the first round. At least it was to the eventual league champ.

I got 3rd place in a buch of my leagues. It sucked. That week 15 just killed me, got knocked out of the playoffs everywhere.

I only won 1 league...  B-)

550222[/snapback]

Don't feel bad. I was beginning to think I wouldn't win any this year. I choked in one Yahoo! league in Week 16 (our championship game). Thanks, Tiki Barber. He has monster games in 2 of 3 weeks, and does little in the week I need him.

So, did you win?  I have 3 Yahoo! leagues I'm in w/ people from the Wall and one on NFL.com's site.  I won one of the Yahoo! leagues.

550196[/snapback]

Yep, I did. :doh: It was actually a TSW league, one you were playing in I think - TBD2. :-)

Won 2 of my leagues this year and finished 2nd in my other. woot!

For the first time in 12 years of fantasy football, I was crushed in multiple league - I didn't come anywhere near the playoffs.

Most of it was bad luck and injuries - I've never been hit so hard. On one team my QB was McNabb, my #1RB was McAllister and my best WR was Darrell Jackson - ouch!

Lessons learned:

-No matter how good a RB looks in Denver, never take a Broncos RB. You'll go insane watching him have 100+ yards and 2 TDs one week and lose the starting job to another guy the following week.

-No matter how good or how much of a lock a TE or Team D is, don't spend anything to get one (you figure in a value based drafting strategy you'll take someone that will be significantly better than others at the same position so it will work out, but taht doesn't seem to hold true with TE and defenses).

-Never draft a RB who everyone says will be the #1 guy unless the #2 and #3 guys are in wheelchairs. I got some good values on Deshaun Foster and Deuce Staley late, and went crazy watching them eat up spots on my roster while riding the pine for their teams.

-Remember that the Bills o-line sucks and Willis won't live up to his fantasy potential until it improves.

-If you play in multiple leagues, don't draft the same players. When McAllister went down early in the season I was toast in 2 leagues.

-Understand that when you look at everyone's team after the draft, the people who you think drafted good squads will probably suck and the people who look weak will probably be battling for the money at the end. If you like your team after the draft be concerned.

-If you put up the second most points in the league in any given week you almost certainly played the only team who could have beat you (and in fact did).

-Life sucks when the Bills go 5-11 and your fantasy teams are terrible. You wonder why you like football in the first place.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.