DON'T fired MM and TD thread

Dr. K

This is not a result of yesterday's game (though I was pleased to see it). And it's not that I've thought TD has made great decisions all along (I was on record as thinking that breaking up Wade's defense was a mistake, and I never liked Gregg Williams, and when we got Bledsoe after suffering through the excessive number of sacks Rob Johnson took, I wondered why everyone thought this was not going to be a problem, etc.) or that I don't agree that MM has made some strange calls...

BUT, even given all this, I have not been convinced that firing TD and MM is the best thing to improve the Bills' future, and I still am not convinced. I think mosat of the decisions TD has made have been completely rational and designed to address specific problems, and to improve the team. They have not all worked out. Likewise I do not see MM's coaching as without merit, and I think there is potential for him to be a fine coach.

The sentiment on the board seems to be overwhelmingly in favor of dumping both of them asap. I just wonder if there are any other posters here who feel the way I do, but who have been unwilling to face the abuse likely to ensue if you expressed this opinion.

So, anyone else want to see MM and TD back next year? Any conditions that would apply?

Oh, and by the way, Merry Christmas to all, and Peace to Men (and women) of Good Will.

So, anyone else want to see MM and TD back next year?  Any conditions that would apply?

Oh, and by the way, Merry Christmas to all, and Peace to Men (and women) of Good Will.

542318[/snapback]

Ummmm...No...Under no condition...Just me maybe, but I think another GM and HC can do better...That's all...

Merry Christmas to you also... ;)

Ummmm...No...Under no condition...Just me maybe, but I think another GM and HC can do better...That's all...

542320[/snapback]

People who are content to have TD (and to a somewhat lesser extent, MM) back are the same people who'll sit and try for 20 minutes to get a 3/4" bolt off with a 12mm wrench.

It's amazing how blinding one silly road win can be. Hey TD, buh-bye.

542542[/snapback]

He prefaced the whole thing by saying he had the same opinion before yesterday.

I agree with Doc (note this is not the politics board).

Why? There are two reasons.

1. To hire a new GM will mean dismantling everything again. This will mean keeping some talented players but mostly starting from scratch. It would be 100% certain that the next couple of years would be difficult. I can wait longer than that even though I don't want to do it. Ralph can't wait that long.

2. If Donahoe has not gotten religion about what is wrong with this team from watching them this year, he never will. Next year will be pivotal. Everyone in the organization will know it. Desperation at least has the potential to produce great things. A new management team buys everyone else time and excuses.

I'm not really a big fan of Donahoe or Mularkey, but they may be our best alternative.

I'm not really a big fan of Donahoe or Mularkey, but they may be our best alternative.

542546[/snapback]

I'm not much of a gambler...never have been...But I will admit there is a risk involved in blowing up this Organization and turning it over to a new regime...

That being said it's just impossible for me to believe TD and MM are the Bills best alternative because I know in my gut there is a better combination out there...Not very scientific huh?...Therein lies the risk...Can the Bills find the better combination...Is Ralph willing to take the risk? Does he see the risk of staying put and failing greater than that of starting over? It's a lot of what if's...

I think what this all comes down to is what RW's gut is telling him...I think like a lot of Fans around here he realizes there are better alternatives, but is he convinced he can find them this time around? Keeping TD and MM is a risk in itself...though it is definitely the presumed safer route...By some it's even the presumed smarter route...

I think more than anything the moves RW takes this Off Season will reflect what his gut is telling him is necessary...Looks to me like it's become a gamble either way... :angry:

The goal is to win the Super Bowl... and I think Ralph has to ask himself if these two really are the answer, and how long will it take? I think TD eventually can... however , after 5 years & not too much to show for it, it appears he's out of time. OTOH, I think it's crystal clear that MM can not & will not get the job done. It won't be the end of the world if either stays, but I think (particularly with MM) we'll just be spinning our wheels another year till they're eventually gone.

Guest BackInDaDay
The goal is to win the Super Bowl

542556[/snapback]

I don't know Rico. I for one no longer believe Ralph's goals and our goals are one and the same. As a matter of fact, I'm now of the opinion that they never were, which explains a lot.

I don't see Ralph firing Donahoe or Mularkey, and I don't think it would matter if he did. Any new GM and Head Coach would be operating under the same set of directives as their predecessors. All 46 years' worth.

Wilson's motto : Winning isn't enough, but winning enough is enough.

I don't know Rico.  I for one no longer believe Ralph's goals and our goals are one and the same.  As a matter of fact, I'm now of the opinion that they never were, which explains a lot.

I don't see Ralph firing Donahoe or Mularkey, and I don't think it would matter if he did.  Any new GM and Head Coach would be operating under the same set of directives as their predecessors.  All 46 years' worth.

Wilson's motto : Winning isn't enough, but winning enough is enough.

542560[/snapback]

I hope you're wrong about Ralph's goals... but if you're right, keeping MM & firing TD (as some predict) makes no sense at all... they both may be failing re: the product on the field, but at least TD is bringing $$$ to the organization & to Ralph.

Guest BackInDaDay
I hope you're wrong about Ralph's goals... but if you're right, keeping MM & firing TD (as some predict) makes no sense at all... they both may be failing re: the product on the field, but at least TD is bringing $$$ to the organization & to Ralph.

542565[/snapback]

That's why I don't see either of them leaving.

If Ralph feels another sacrifice is necessary to keep the faithful Billieving, someone may get canned. But at this stage of his life, why go through all of that aggravation. Donahoe is capable of keeping the Bills on life-support until the franchise is sold.

Guest BackInDaDay
hey speaking of mularkey...did you guys vote the poll asking if he should be fired...vote today!!

542579[/snapback]

If it's Ralph's poll, I'll vote. :angry:

Guest BackInDaDay
surely ralph will check it before he makes his decision...vote, your voice will not be heard without getting to the poll thread.

542582[/snapback]

Johnny, Johnny, Johnny... Please son, come in off the ledge and get some sleep. :angry:

The goal is to win the Super Bowl... and I think Ralph has to ask himself if these two really are the answer, and how long will it take? I think TD eventually can... however , after 5 years & not too much to show for it, it appears he's out of time. OTOH, I think it's crystal clear that MM can not & will not get the job done. It won't be the end of the world if either stays, but I think (particularly with MM) we'll just be spinning our wheels another year till they're eventually gone.

542556[/snapback]

Totally 100% agree Bro...

And I think I've said it a million times now, but those who wish to keep MM, and TD for that matter, are underestimating the risk involved in keeping them and then having another losing Season...You think it's negative within the Bills Fan Base now? Have another losing Season with these two and you'll see what negative truly is... :angry:

Ralph will fire TD at the very least. Wake up, stop dreaming.

A lot of you out of town fans have zero pulse on the marketing end of this team. 47,000 + season tickets were sold this season. About 10,000 of those fans will not renew if some form of a shakeup fails to happen... Then the ticket office has to work that much harder to fill the stadium.

Mularkey may have saved his job yesterday with an inspired and highly unexpected road win vs. Cinci. Ralph will probably promote Modrak to GM with an order to beef up the OL,DL or else.

Ralph will fire TD at the very least.  Wake up, stop dreaming.

A lot of you out of town fans have zero pulse on the marketing end of this team. 47,000 + season tickets were sold this season. About 10,000 of those fans will not renew if some form of a shakeup fails to happen... Then the ticket office has to work that much harder to fill the stadium.

Mularkey may have saved his job yesterday with an inspired and highly unexpected road win vs. Cinci. Ralph will probably promote Modrak to GM with an order to beef up the OL,DL or else.

542629[/snapback]

Mark, 47,000 represented how much of an increase over the prior season?