TD on Eric Moulds....

Buftex

Thought this was interesting, from the front, the CBS Sportsline "notes & quotes" article:

-General manager Tom Donahoe told readers of the team's web site that the team has told veteran WR Eric Moulds it wants him back next season. "We are hopeful things can be worked out at the conclusion of the season," said Donahoe, who would have to re-work Moulds' contract yet again to lower his near $11 million cap figure. But he said the team still rates Moulds an elite receiver.

Is TD saying this because he knows fan support is in Moulds favor (in general), or is he saying it because he knows he (TD) will be back, and MM will be gone? Or is he saying it because he is knows that he (TD) will be gone after the season, so he can say whatever he thinks people want to hear? I just can't fathom Moulds, Mularkey and Donohoe all being employed by the Bills next season...these are the days of our lives!

Maybe he's saying it because he wants Eric back.

Thought this was interesting, from the front, the CBS Sportsline "notes & quotes" article:

-General manager Tom Donahoe told readers of the team's web site that the team has told veteran WR Eric Moulds it wants him back next season. "We are hopeful things can be worked out at the conclusion of the season," said Donahoe, who would have to re-work Moulds' contract yet again to lower his near $11 million cap figure. But he said the team still rates Moulds an elite receiver.

Is TD saying this because he knows fan support is in Moulds favor (in general), or is he saying it because he knows he (TD) will be back, and MM will be gone?  Or is he saying it because he is knows that he (TD) will be gone after the season, so he can say whatever he thinks people want to hear?  I just can't fathom Moulds, Mularkey and Donohoe all being employed by the Bills next season...these are the days of our lives!

540280[/snapback]

Is TD saying this because he knows fan support is in Moulds favor (in general), or is he saying it because he knows he (TD) will be back, and MM will be gone?  Or is he saying it because he is knows that he (TD) will be gone after the season, so he can say whatever he thinks people want to hear?  I just can't fathom Moulds, Mularkey and Donohoe all being employed by the Bills next season...these are the days of our lives!

540280[/snapback]

That was TD's response to the question I sent him for "Ask Tom Donahoe". I didn't think he'd answer it to be honest though. Glad he said what he said. Hope it's true.

540280[/snapback]

he said the same thing about pat williams last year.......i expect the same result for moulds......

Why would anyone think that Moulds has a problem with TD? After all, TD IS the guy who chose to keep Moulds (over Wiley) and gave him one of the richest WR contracts in NFL history. Moulds' problems have more to do with the coaching staff and outside of having hired them, TD can't do much more than fire them, which is what will likely happen (or they all might get dumped) and that might keep Moulds around.

Why would anyone think that Moulds has a problem with TD?  After all, TD IS the guy who chose to keep Moulds (over Wiley) and gave him one of the richest WR contracts in NFL history.  Moulds' problems have more to do with the coaching staff and outside of having hired them, TD can't do much more than fire them, which is what will likely happen (or they all might get dumped) and that might keep Moulds around.

540364[/snapback]

That is all true, but remember, the general rule of the TD era (and a lot of other NFL teams I might add), when dealing with re-signing vets is to cut them before the final "big" year of their restructured deal, to minimize the salary cap hit...

That is all true, but remember, the general rule of the TD era (and a lot of other NFL teams I might add), when dealing with re-signing vets is to cut them before the final "big" year of their restructured deal, to minimize the salary cap hit...

Sure, but that's true with every GM. Make no mistake, Moulds will need to take a paycut. Will he is the question.

540280[/snapback]

He said it because it was "Q & A with TD" on the Bills website and every answer he gives on that joke of a feature is 100% vanilla.

He said it because it was "Q & A with TD" on the Bills website and every answer he gives on that joke of a feature is 100% vanilla.

540447[/snapback]

i don't even know why people bother asking on that Q&A session, it's all bs anyway