Alcohol Sales Banned From Jets-Pats Monday Game

Tux of Borg

From ABC News....

Alcohol Sales Banned From Jets-Pats Monday Game

Nine Fans Were Arrested at Jets-Saints Matchup in November

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (Dec. 20) - Alcohol won't be sold during Monday night's game between the Jets and Patriots at the Meadowlands in an attempt to quell rowdy fan behavior.

The ban comes after nine fans were arrested during the Jets-Saints game Nov. 27. One man was charged with stabbing two fans in a restroom, and a state trooper broke his leg while trying to eject a fan who reportedly threw a beer bottle.

Jets spokesman Ron Colangelo said Tuesday the ban was put in place to protect fans. The Jets and New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority made the joint decision.

"It's for precautionary reasons, to provide for the safety and comfort of our fans," Colangelo said.

Colangelo said alcohol will be available at the Jets' season finale Jan. 1 against Buffalo, with kickoff set for 1 p.m. EDT.

Earlier this year, NJSEA president George Zoffinger pledged to deal with the problem of drunk fans.

Alcohol won't be sold during Monday night's game between the Jets and Patriots at the Meadowlands in an attempt to quell rowdy fan behavior.

The ban comes after nine fans were arrested during the Jets-Saints game Nov. 27. One man was charged with stabbing two fans in a restroom...

538686[/snapback]

Only in New Jersey would a double stabbing be labelled "rowdy behavior". :lol:

People say many mean things at games too.  Perhaps they should ban talking.

538818[/snapback]

I didn't say they should. I said they will. It will be a fairly typical response because eventually the lawsuits will start costing them more money and hassle than they're worth. All because people refuse to control themselves.

I didn't say they should.  I said they will.  It will be a fairly typical response because eventually the lawsuits will start costing them more money and hassle than they're worth.  All because people refuse to control themselves.

538821[/snapback]

I know that you above all do not support things of this sort. It just strikes me that if we continue to ban things and seize people's land/homes, we will start to resemble China. :huh:

I know that you above all do not support things of this sort. It just strikes me that if we continue to ban things and seize people's land/homes, we will start to resemble China.  :huh:

538822[/snapback]

The Denver game was pretty bad.

I don't think sober families attending the games need to take a back seat to immature drunks who can't control themselves. Rights don't trump Responsibility and this game was out of hand.

People say many mean things at games too.  Perhaps they should ban talking.

538818[/snapback]

Before long they'll ban football in stadiums because it's violent. :huh:

Personally, I think they SHOULD ban alcohol at football games in RWS. It might keep the offensive line from blocking like a bunch of drunken idiots...

I know that you above all do not support things of this sort. It just strikes me that if we continue to ban things and seize people's land/homes, we will start to resemble China.  :w00t:

538822[/snapback]

Yeah! If the NFL owners come together or the NFL in general takes this step, we'll be no better then China! A private organization banning something at their event which you can choose to attend. Commies! :huh::lol: