Night games

Does anyone else think it is a mistake to avoid night games?? Notwithstanding the badly behaved fans, and the general level of drunkenness reported, Primetime games are what helps draw quality free agents to the organisation. If you can play in front of the nation, why would you choose to go to a place that prefers not to host night games?

We need all the help we can get right now- I wouldn't want a few too many beers on a Saturday get in the way of the Bills signing good free agents.

The fans need to control themselves... if the fans think night games are important then they should act like it. A night game isn't a license to drink all day long and then act like a total a-hole at night during the game, and this is what many fans do. I went to a night game against the Jets a few years ago and I brought a friend of mine to his first NFL game ever... needless to say I was embarrased as to how the Bills fans acted. All the Jets fans acted like morons too, but there was more hitting going on in the stands than on the field. I don't blame the managment or the city/town about not wanting night games, they are a disaster and have been for a long time.

I went to a Monday night game back in '91 against the Bengals and it was great. Watching a game at night is one of the coolest things, I enjoyed it... I enjoyed both night games I went to, but the fans (of both teams) need to act like fans and not like drunk idiots.

The fans need to control themselves... if the fans think night games are important then they should act like it.

538063[/snapback]

night games arent a big deal when your team is 4-9 and you know they are going to get their ass kicked. i did my drinking just to enjoy the game, because i wasn't enjoying TD's "Product" on the field. Thank god the game was a blurr.

That is sad. I went to the MNF game between the Vikings and the Packers and it was one of the greatest atmospheres I have been to. Yes, it was a Monday but that was a civic holiday and all the sports bars were packed all day. The crowds were behaved the whole time and considering there was an invasion of Vikes fans there, that should have been a recipe for disaster. But all the fans were polite to each other that I saw. My friend was decked out in Vikings gear and a dozen fans congratulated him on the walk out of the stadium.

With the excessive consumption of alcohol the fans are just exercising their inalienable rights in the pursuit of happiness ............. and their "acting like asses" is just an expression of their 1st ammendment right of free speech :blush:

My friend was decked out in Vikings gear and a dozen fans congratulated him on the walk out of the stadium.

538073[/snapback]

i congratulated all the Broncos' fans i saw heading INTO the stadium, i was telling them "Congrats in advance, youre gonna kick our ass"

I went to a Monday night game back in '91 against the Bengals and it was great.  Watching a game at night is one of the coolest things, I enjoyed it... I enjoyed both night games I went to, but the fans (of both teams) need to act like fans and not like drunk idiots.

That was my first Bills game and it was AWESOME! I was still in highschool and my parents told me I could go but that I couldn't miss school the next day... We didn't get back from the game until around 3am (tailgating after the great come-from-behind victory), and I somehow staggered to school the next day, not that I remember a thing about the day :blush:

CW

This is one of the reasons they like to put winning teams on Primetime. Lets be honest here, yes night games bring out the rowdies, but when the team is in the hunt fans actually look forward to the game and, I think this is a fair assumption, drink less before the game, and if it is a good game the fans spend more time watching the game as opposed to standing in line for more beer.

Bottom line winning gets you better acting (read better acting fans)!

The fans need to control themselves... if the fans think night games are important then they should act like it.  A night game isn't a license to drink all day long and then act like a total a-hole at night during the game, and this is what many fans do.  I went to a night game against the Jets a few years ago and I brought a friend of mine to his first NFL game ever... needless to say I was embarrased as to how the Bills fans acted.  All the Jets fans acted like morons too, but there was more hitting going on in the stands than on the field.  I don't blame the managment or the city/town about not wanting night games, they are a disaster and have been for a long time. 

I went to a Monday night game back in '91 against the Bengals and it was great.  Watching a game at night is one of the coolest things, I enjoyed it... I enjoyed both night games I went to, but the fans (of both teams) need to act like fans and not like drunk idiots.

538063[/snapback]

I went to the Patriots game last week- and the actions of 3 drunk fans absolutely ruined it (as far as just enjoying a game- regardless of how we played). They were randomly hurling obscenities in every direction all game- INCLUDING DURING THE ANTHEM!

Starting fights with fans of other teams...not recognizinf there were kids around.

People like this shouldnt be at the game, they should be locked up somewhere far away

It used to be much worse at RWS in the mid to late 90's. There were at least 20-30 or more fights & arrests and 100's of ejections on a weekly basis compared to a handful of fights, arrests and dozens of ejections these days. One guy got arrested for nailing his girlfriend in the upper deck at a Colts game about 6 or 7 years ago. You used to be able to bring in a thermos full of anything that you wanted, beer was sold all game long and there was more than one occasion that the sweet smell of pot was wafting through the stands. I saw one guy light a doobie up right above a guy that was there with his young kids and I was sitting on the 50 yard line in the upper deck. Sneaking in beer cans or even a bottle of booze was easy back then and if any security saw you, they did nothing but make you throw the empties in a garbage can. Smoking was allowed in the stands as well. I saw more than one fight start when some drunken idiot burned another drunken idiot with a heater.

I am surprised that it wasn't worse over the last 3 home games than it was this season.

One guy got arrested for nailing his girlfriend in the upper deck at a Colts game about 6 or 7 years ago.

538137[/snapback]

I've met that guy! He's a piece of work- a real mullet model. One of my good friends worked with him, and we saw him out downtown one night, so my buddy introduced him as "the guy who got arrested doing his girlfriend at the Bills game." His name was Tom something, but my buddy always called him Tommy Salami.

I am surprised that it wasn't worse over the last 3 home games than it was this season.

538137[/snapback]

I agree. I didn't think it was too bad at all. I would assume this is right on par with other "cold weather, rowdy" stadiums like NYJ/NYG, N.E., Philly, Pittsbugh, Cleveland, etc. As a spectator at MANY home and away games, the crowd was better behaved than I thought. I was expecting worse.

night games arent a big deal when your team is 4-9 and you know they are going to get their ass kicked. i did my drinking just to enjoy the game, because i wasn't enjoying TD's "Product" on the field. Thank god the game was a blurr.

538072[/snapback]

Yeah, but you also weren't acting like jacka**es and spoiling the game for the people around you. Well, you weren't doing any of that when I met up w/ you.

so true. i think we actaully made the game more enjoyable. lol - takeo like it!

538207[/snapback]

You were our MVPs, that's for sure. The race was pretty boring until the end of the game; that's when you all picked up the efforts. Thanks, as the 'spectacle' on the field needed all the comedic help it could get.

Here's how it ended up:

2nd runnerup: some guy in my section had a sign saying "Circle The Wagons" on one side and "I Still Billieve" on the other.......except around the "I Still Billieve" there was "Fire Tom" and "Fire Donahoe" written around it

1st runnerup: the guy who ran on the field; not only did he make me laugh, but the booth made it even funnier by playing that Vonage theme song while he was doing that

Winner: The Bags! As my brother and I were leaving, we spot a couple of guys wearing bags over their heads just standing there: one said "Thanks Tom" while the other said "Thanks Donahoe"

I have pictures of all 3. I will post them as soon as possible.

1st runnerup:  the guy who ran on the field; not only did he make me laugh, but the booth made it even funnier by playing that Vonage theme song while he was doing that

I think they always play that. lol - i remember during the fins game there was a guy running on the field and they played the same tune. too funny.

Winner:  The Bags!  As my brother and I were leaving, we spot a couple of guys wearing bags over their heads just standing there:  one said "Thanks Tom" while the other said "Thanks Donahoe"

I have pictures of all 3.  I will post them as soon as possible.

538221[/snapback]

yea, i think i told you that Takeo's suite was in our section in the corner endzone, as me and my buddy were leaving i leaned over and pounded on the glass to get Takeo's attention, the security guard gave me a shove and screamed "TAKEO DOES NOT WANT TO SEE THAT" , just then Takeo looked over, started laughing and gave me and my boy a big THUMBS UP!!! - it was awesome! lol

I didn't think the fans were too bad this Saturday. My friends and I were at the Ralph by 3:30 tailgating and partying but none of us were starting fights, screaming obscenities, acting like jackasses, etc. I really expected it to be much worse, but our section was relatively tame. Sure, you get some curse words here and there but that was about the worst I saw all night. In our section there was some kid who just kept screaming "Shannaaaaaaaahan" for about 10 minutes that was a little annoying but I thought it was pretty funny. Actually, I think if the game had meant something, there would have been more "incidents" because there would have been more emotions involvded. Emotions + alcohol = trouble. Hard to get too worked up over a 4-9 team that you knew was going to loose, so might as well enjoy it and make the whole gameday experience worth the ticket $.

Dude - you spelled "behavior" wrong. ;)

Darn Brits - ruining our American language. :lol:

Does anyone else think it is a mistake to avoid night games?? Notwithstanding the badly behaved fans, and the general level of drunkenness reported, Primetime games are what helps draw quality free agents to the organisation.  If you can play in front of the nation, why would you choose to go to a place that prefers not to host night games?

We need all the help we can get right now- I wouldn't want a few too many beers on a Saturday get in the way of the Bills signing good free agents.

538040[/snapback]