Where are all the Moulds Bashers Today?

JDG

I suspect if we are anywhere near competitive in the bidding that will be out there for Moulds, he'll return. He's the big fish in this little pnd, and he's a little long in the tooth to establish himself with another team. He will probably be the number 2 guy on a top team, and the number one guy on a weaker team where he won't be the leader. If Mularkey goes, or if the two of them sort out whatever is between them, I think we can get him back next year.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the last few months, some fans on TBD have been pretty vocal in their contempt for Eric Moulds - and have seemed all too eager and gleeful about the prospects of cutting Eric Moulds in the offseason.

9 catches for 110 yards later, I guess that Moulds showed that he can still play this game.  And I'd also point out that Moulds is three years younger than Rod Smith - who can apparently still play a pretty good game himself.

JDG

536711[/snapback]

It all depends

Fans might not like Moulds cap number for next year, but if we cut him we end up with a cap hit. Then we still have to go out and sign a #1 receiver. I think that if we are able to restructure his contract, I would like to see Moulds back.

Look at the game Moulds sat out. Are you willing to have Sam Aiken take his place for 16 games? Or Josh Reed?

Git R done, new GM!

Right now, EM's future is riding on what Ralph does with TD/MM. I thought he was a sure goner a month or so ago, but a new regime may want to keep him around.... and it could happen with another extension (out to maybe 2009?)... just to have some degree of continuity.

Hey JamieBuf12, you are a punk ass kid. Sit yourself down and watch a class act, (forget spitting problem), school DB's around the leauge here in Buffalo next year. He is still our playmaker!!

537606[/snapback]

classless act maybe ya gotta be joking!eric has been a punk his whole career.and for the final link of the teams that played for marv levy way to be a team leader this year.eric shoulda taken young jp by the wings and helped him out.if eric was only a 4 or 5 million dollar player i wouldnt mind keeping him,but he is done here!

Eric had a good game on Saturday, but his numbers for the year aren't what you'd expect from your go-to receiver. He'll be a year older and slower next season. This is a rebuilding team that doesn't need a declining WR.

537708[/snapback]

Personally I don't think his numbers reflect a declining WR, I think they're a reflection of a terrible offense. A young QB learning the ropes, a back up QB that can't pull the trigger, an Oline that can't provide protection and a running game that doesn't scare anybody. The way this offense has been playing there's really no shot for any WR to put up decent numbers.

Personally I don't think his numbers reflect a declining WR, I think they're a reflection of a terrible offense.  A young QB learning the ropes, a back up QB that can't pull the trigger, an Oline that can't provide protection and a running game that doesn't scare anybody.  The way this offense has been playing there's really no shot for any WR to put up decent numbers.

537716[/snapback]

for once an intelligent observation of the situation

I was talking to a friend of mine a couple of years ago about EM.

My friend is not a Bills fan BTW.

He said that he "didn't think EM was that good because he had to be standing still to catch the ball."

That comment stuck in my head as I watched him play from then on.

I found it to be not so true as the fact that he just doesn't run that many 9 routs.

He has run a couple this year, one for a TD, but still most of his catches he is standing still or just cruising not sprinting.

Is this just the type of receiver he is?

Personally I don't think his numbers reflect a declining WR, I think they're a reflection of a terrible offense.  A young QB learning the ropes, a back up QB that can't pull the trigger, an Oline that can't provide protection and a running game that doesn't scare anybody.  The way this offense has been playing there's really no shot for any WR to put up decent numbers.

I'm not sure why you included Holcomb in your analysis of what's wrong with Eric's production this year. Generally Holcomb looks to Moulds an awful lot.

One of the biggest reasons we're not running for more yards is that defenses are putting eight or nine men in the box. Eric Moulds should be getting more yards because of this, not less.

The new QB learning the ropes excuse I can buy, and in fairness Evans' numbers are down too. I also agree the offensive line is terrible, but it was also bad in 2003 when Bobby Shaw put up about 800 yards as the go-to receiver. He was released the next season.