Sit Henry down

1billsfan

yeah dumbass, because Henry is the problem  :rolleyes:  :angry:  :lol:  :lol:

unless you mean play McGahee on the O-Line... he can't do any worse than what we have in there now...

38332[/snapback]

Nice reply. :lol:

Duuuuh...I can't defend Henry's lack of production so I'll just repeat myself like a moron.

:huh:

Tell me who is the man who has yet to punch it in from the 3, 2 and 1 yard line? Who's the man who let a very catchable ball go through his hands for an interception? Who can't keep his balance to save his life? C'mon moron, I'm waiting for your answer.

The Bills did not draft McGahee number one to sit his ass on the bench, the Bills are 0-2 and Henry has played a major part of this team's offensive failures. But since you're a moron and a Henry oppologist I'm not expecting you to understand.

38291[/snapback]

You forgot to mention going the wrong way on a screen, and missing blocks.

You think we have problems now? Wait until Travis starts coughing it up.

Get in there Willis!

See that's the thing I keep hearing from all the Travis supporters.  "Willis is unproven, Travis is solid."

Well all Travis has proven this year is that he can fall down on 4th and goal from the 1 and cost us a game.  Give Willis the rock and the results will be better.

38388[/snapback]

But Henry has scored 23 TD's in two years...He isnt Preist Holmes but he has been effective in goalline situations coming into this season....

Remind me were does this Mcgahee guaranteed would of scored status come from again(....?)

Preseason....? c'mon now....

Guest Guesteroo
See that's the thing I keep hearing from all the Travis supporters.  "Willis is unproven, Travis is solid."

Well all Travis has proven this year is that he can fall down on 4th and goal from the 1 and cost us a game.  Give Willis the rock and the results will be better.

38388[/snapback]

Absolutely correct. Travis was playing like he had roller skates on yesterday. He ALWAYS slips during a game no matter what field. I've noticed that since he was a rookie. Willis MUST get some more carries.

Bottom line: Travis is just slightly better than an average RB in this league. Lacks real speed and isn't real big or powerful.

Get in there Willis!

38391[/snapback]

Yeah that too! :rolleyes: To all the Henry backers, I'm not trying to pile on Henry just to vent. I just think that the only chance we have of beating the Pats is to put in McGahee and hope he delivers what we think he can deliver...producing touchdowns from inside the 5. Henry isn't getting it done on key running plays. It's a major reason we're 0-2.

Yeah that too!  :rolleyes:  To all the Henry backers, I'm not trying to pile on Henry just to vent. I just think that the only chance we have of beating the Pats is to put in McGahee and hope he delivers what we think he can deliver...producing touchdowns from inside the 5. Henry isn't getting it done on key running plays. It's a major reason we're 0-2.

38420[/snapback]

I dont think you are piling on. I think that Bills fans are blindly loyal to almost every Bill except their coaches and quarterbacks.

I guess this is part of what makes Bills fans so special, but the fact remains that Travis Henry is stinking up the field this season, and we have a first round pick waiting to go.

Everybody is screaming for Losman. What is it that makes Travis untoucheable despite poor play?

Yep 23 TD's and 18 fumbles.........

Willis is a scorer.  That's what he did in college and that's what he did in the preseason.  Travis is a "between the 20's back.

38405[/snapback]

23TD's in two years and you dont think Henry is "scorer".....C'mon now....

I'm not saying Willis is not a "scorer"...but we dont know either way...not until he gets his oppurtunity and I'm not giving up on Henry just yet(23TD's tells me he has had success).....

Henry has been 0 for 2 so far and im not ignoring that......Henry goes into the NE game and doesnt get in on his first attempt we will probably see Willis get his shot on 2nd and 3rd down...

We need to run them both, hard against the Pats. We all saw how well Edge ran against them, he just had a couple bonehead fumbles. We have to avoid those to win anyway; we will never be a better team until we minimize the mistakes. But I think it's been proven that you can run on NE. Henry can do it, and McGahee can do it. Sitting either one of them would be extremely foolish. I do fail to understand why McGahee isn't in there on the goal line though. He had so much success at it in the preseason.

I dont think you are piling on. I think that Bills fans are blindly loyal to almost every Bill except their coaches and quarterbacks.

I guess this is part of what makes Bills fans so special, but the fact remains that Travis Henry is stinking up the field this season, and we have a first round pick waiting to go.

Everybody is screaming for Losman. What is it that makes Travis untoucheable despite poor play?

38424[/snapback]

I agree Bill!

I have always been positive towards and remain positive towards Bledsoe. Given we have a viable back-up, why not give him a crack when he gets healthy?

When it comes to back... We have two viable ones... One preforms not up to stuff, change things around.

:rolleyes:

Were does Henry isnt a scorer come from(cause he has started this season 0 for 2...?).......In the past two season there have only been 4 RB's who have scored more times then Henry has......only 4....

Does that mean there are only 4 RB's that are "scorers" in the NFL

C'MON NOW..........

Past two seasons....

Holmes 48

Alexander 30

Portis 29

Tomlinson 27(behind awful line)

Henry 23(behind awful line)

Green 22

J.Lewis 20

Faulk 18

23TD's tells me Henry has a nose for the endzone....He he has a bad start at it....But imma give him more then just two trys before i say he isnt a "scorer"

we have two backs that are the same size!!!! How do "change things up" when the backs are exactly the same?

38300[/snapback]

Huh? The same size? Travis is 5-9 215lbs and WM is 6-0 228lbs...they have totally different body types and have totally different run styles. Travis is a hit the hole hard type of runner, ramming into anybody who is in his way like a bowling ball while WM is a patient, wait for the cut back lane runner, although he's bigger than TH he's faster (or at least used to be) and more of guy who squeezes through holes and doesn't try to blast through them.

They have two different run styles and are nowhere near the same type of back.

1st of all , Henry actually DID score from the 1 yesterday, skinny rookie TE in the way notwithstanding. Unfortunately , the whistle blew prematurely.

2nd, I'm amused by all this either/or stevestojan with these 2 backs. They are both quality runners and need to be implemented together over the course of a game.

23 TD's in 2 years does indeed reflect having a "nose for the endzone" BTW.

Get in there Willis!

38391[/snapback]

I hate to quote John Madden, but it was either the Thursday night game or the first Monday night game where he mentioned that if opposing defenses see that your RB can't pick up a blitzer - look out because they will be coming all day.

I like the way Henry runs, but I don't think he's a complete back - I guess I'm questioning his understanding of the game.

But I wish Henry was our biggest problem. Why are we not capable of catching passes unless they are perfect? Other receivers seem to pull in poor/average throws, we seem to drop ALL of them.

1st of all , Henry actually DID score from the 1 yesterday, skinny rookie TE in the way notwithstanding. Unfortunately , the whistle blew prematurely.

2nd, I'm amused by all this either/or stevestojan with these 2 backs. They are both quality runners and need to be implemented together over the course of a game.

23 TD's in 2 years does indeed reflect having a "nose for the endzone" BTW.

38479[/snapback]

I agree with everything you have said....Henry was in on 2nd effort(ball crossed the plain), but for some reason the REF's blew the whistles way to early...Henry was not down, he wasnt laying over a pile of bodies, his momentum was stopped but that isnt a reason to blow the whistle when they did....

We have two very good backs.....

and yes Henry does have a nose for the endzone...His past play has proved that...