My 2006 Cap Page is available

HERE

New rule starting in 2006. Due to the "uncapped" year in 2007, the June 1st rule for spreading out amortization over 2 yrs no longer applies. All remaining amortization accelerates onto 2006 no matter when that player is released in 2006 League Year. This is unless an agreement on the CBA extension is amde.

Enjoy....this is an early look and subject to change

:unsure:

2005 has also been updated but I need to make a couple of changes (Re: Ritzmann and Sobieski)

535912[/snapback]

Clump, what are the rules, if any, about cutting a player outright, say Moulds in this case, and then signing him to a completely new contract. Is that even possible or is there some time frame where you cannot do that. I know, obviously, that we would be responsible for all the dead cap money, but could we then just give him a new 2 year deal with a small bonus that would just add to what we already owe on the books? Thanks in advance.

Wow. Cut 2 players (Moulds and Williams) and we're almost 22mil under the cap!

I doubt anyone has hit any contract escalators this year.

BTW, this should be pinned. Cap questions will be brought up over and over again from now on.

Edited by Bear

I doubt anyone has hit any contract escalators this year.

535953[/snapback]

Kelsay: yes....likely $460,000 to about $2 million. But until that's confirmed, I'll leave the $460,000

Losman: not likely...but he does have salary escalators in his contract. Doubt he hit them though.

Only 2 that I know of this year

535953[/snapback]

Yeah, but the dead cap from those 2 would be about $10 million!

Moulds should only be cut if we can land an equal or better #1 WR on the market for significantly less than the $5.5 million we save by his departure (unlikely, I think). Same goes for Mike Williams, though in his case I'm guessing that we can find a better backup LG for less than the $5 million we save ( :unsure: ) by cutting his fat arse.

Also, if you look at clumpy's web site, it should be obvious to all that Posey and Adams are playing their final 2 games as Bills...among many others I'm sure.

Kelsay: yes....likely $460,000 to about $2 million. But until that's confirmed, I'll leave the $460,000

Losman: not likely...but he does have salary escalators in his contract. Doubt he hit them though.

Only 2 that I know of this year

535956[/snapback]

For a minute I thought Schobel.....what could Kelsay have done?

Kelsay signed a 4 yr deal as a 2nd rd pick. One of the ways teams compensate a player for signing a 4 yr deal or even a 5 yr deal as a rookie is by adding salary escalators to the final yr. Clements, Bannan, and Wire all had salary escalators.

Schobel, to the best of my knowledge, does not have an escalator

I believe Moorman also has an escalator but it's tied to making the Pro Bowl

CP's Salary Cap Link

if i understand this list correctly..and that is a big "IF"..based on these numbers I see the following guys not around next year:

Definate Cuts:

Sam Adams

Mark Campbell

Ryan Neufeld (that is two TE's. both are below avg., and niether are worth their salary.

Lawyer Milloy (but i have no idea who will take his place)

Eric Moulds...and like many have said, he will be the best addition to someone elses roster....i really hope he stays.

Jeff Posey

Possible cuts:

London Fletcher (i don't think he gets cut but i definately see him getting his contract reworked).

Rian Lindell (another potential "reworked contract)

Troy Vincent is 50/50

Mike Williams is another who should be reworked. I am personally not ready to give up on him....but no way he comes back at the price he is listed at.

CP....thank you for posting this link!!!!

Possible cuts:

London Fletcher  (i don't think he gets cut but i definately see him getting his contract reworked).

Mike Williams is another who should be reworked.  I am personally not ready to give up on him....but no way he comes back at the price he is listed at.

CP....thank you for posting this link!!!!

536124[/snapback]

If London gets "reworked" as you say, it will be to convert his salary to bonus money in order to save cap room for the football team. He is playing too well to even approach about a paycut imo.

As for the slob, I am wondering just what it would take for fans to realize that he is nothing, and I do mean nothing more than a complete and total bust. If this sloth returns to the Bills, imo it would be a signal to other players to not give it their all.

MW is an underachieving loser, and is symbolic of one of the 2 biggest nails in the Donahoe coffin as far as his biggest mistakes as GM.

I am not even going to get into the other one.

If whoever is running the team at the time cuts all these veterans, they better spend some money on their replacements. Perhaps Wire is finally ready to take over at SS. Even if Baker can't replace him, Vincent needs to go. Posey isn't that expensive so if you can't find a cheap alternative, he can stay. I'd like to keep Adams, but his attitude is so horrible and will probably prevent that. Villarial and Campbell are pink slip candidates. I'd like to keep Moulds and Mike Williams but obviously not at that number. As poorly as Clements has played, for $5m he is worth it for a year. Lesser CB's have gotten $10m+ signing bonuses, so for $5m it would be stupid to let him walk. If Moulds and Mike Williams re-structure, this team could be competitive if 3 stud lineman are added (2 DL -draft, 1OL - Bentley).