Typical Moulds move

PromoTheRobot

you make a valid point,

535684[/snapback]

Actually the point isn't really valid. After checking the play by play Moulds didn't catch any 3rd down passes short of the 1st down marker. This means that the play in question wasn't a 3rd down attempt. Moulds attempt to make a bigger play out of the routine is what he should be doing on 1st and 2nd downs. I don't see Promo complaining about the 2 or 3 times last night Moulds made the same move and made a 5-6 yard catch something more.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Catches a ball at the 1st down marker, then gives up a couple of yards to evade tacklers, and gets caught short anyway.  All Moulds has to do is fall forward after he makes the catch for a 1st, but no.  Of course he NEVER goes beyond the 1st down marker anyway!

PTR

535335[/snapback]

promo - gimme a break. no way does moulds make that first down if he simply falls forward. he's at least a half yard and more like a yard short.

I agree in that TKO, Fletcher and Moulds are the foundation of this team.

"I said before the game that I was going to play hard and let the chips fall where they may," he said. "I don't like to say, "OK, I did a good job. I had a good game,' but we didn't win the game. For me that's the important thing. I just felt that I wanted to give it my all and try to help the team win." Eric Moulds 12/17/05

Keith is right! Moulds, Fletcher and TKO are guys you want and need on this team. I only wish we had 22 other guys who played as hard as they do. Those three are the heart and soul of this team. The Miami contigent will freeze up when it's cold. Many on the defense are too old. If things continue gor McGee I would add him next year to these three. Getting rid of Moulds is te equivalent of getting rid of PW--a well respected talented player who loved playing in Buffalo. How did that decision work out for you Donahoe? How's the 31st ranked D this year? Run defense was stellar last night on those 4 80+ yard drives.

Actually the point isn't really valid.  After checking the play by play Moulds didn't catch any 3rd down passes short of the 1st down marker.  This means that the play in question wasn't a 3rd down attempt.  Moulds attempt to make a bigger play out of the routine is what he should be doing on 1st and 2nd downs.  I don't see Promo complaining about the 2 or 3 times last night Moulds made the same move and made a 5-6 yard catch something more.

535689[/snapback]

This doesn't change anything. The point stands that if this play would've happened, it would be another knock on Moulds.

The final word on Moulds seems very clear to me:

1] Moulds has been a very, very good and often excellent player on the Bills and usually works his ass off. he really came to play last night and showed why the Bills are a lot better with him than without him.

2] Moulds gives up a lot more than he used to because he's frustrated. He's not nearly as good as he once was. He totally quit on the team two weeks ago and deserved his suspension, and let down himself, his coaches, his teammates and Bills fans and made a monumental mistake.

3] Moulds has a huge contract next year we cannot possibly pay, nor is he worth. To his credit, he genuinely seems like he wants to finish his career here, and it is possible that something can be worked out where it benefits both parties so he can play next year on the Bills. if we lose Moulds, we have to sign a top notch FA WR. If we don't we can sign a decent FA WR.

4] Moulds very good game last night doesn't in any way whatsoever make what he did right. In fact, the fact that he may have been the Bills best player showed how he should have been playing and trying all along, and by taking himself out of the 2nd last game and thereby being legitimately suspended for the last weeks game, showed he was wrong more than he was right.

5] Players are human. They make mistakes. They are not always right and not always wrong. Moulds has been exemplary player 90% of his career. 10% he has been a selfish ass. Which is more than we can say for most players but does not excuse his bad actions. Players should try 100% of the time. That is one of the few things that is totally in their control.

This doesn't change anything.  The point stands that if this play would've happened, it would be another knock on Moulds.

535870[/snapback]

Moulds not picking up a first down on 1st or 2nd down because he was attempting to make a bigger play is a "knock"? Yeah, I want my WRs falling down the moment they catch the ball. :unsure:

So a player trying to make extra yards when his team is down 2 TDs is the biggest knock you can come up with? A WR who provides your team with the only offense? 9 receptions for 100+ yards and you are anxious to get rid of him? I guess that means gutting every WR, RB and QB on the team as well.

Catches a ball at the 1st down marker, then gives up a couple of yards to evade tacklers, and gets caught short anyway.  All Moulds has to do is fall forward after he makes the catch for a 1st, but no.  Of course he NEVER goes beyond the 1st down marker anyway!

PTR

535335[/snapback]

Your kidding right?

PTR

535335[/snapback]

Nicely done editing your post to take out the 3rd and 10 portion which was the critical part of your argument.

Not only did Moulds handle his suspension with complete class, he came back and proved to the whole Bills organization what a competitor he is. EM is one of the best players to come through Buffalo. I hope the Bills retain him before Nate Clements IMO!